Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

NatrulyMe

@Coilystep :thankyou: Last night, I looked around for tutorials and watched a few from YT. I was hoping that I could stumble upon someone close to my hair type/texture. Nope-- I did not!

@Sharpened :thankyou: It does get better over time...Yet, I always used a leave-in conditioner or defining cream before (sometimes a little oil) the gel. If not using, my hair seems so dry. I do not think I want to try this method. Still, I appreciate your support.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@YvetteWithJoy sold me her jar of Mane Choice gel. I used it last night after I did my henna and I think it's a win for me. I was too tired to take a picture last night. I event figured out how to keep he. Urls overnight when my hair is wet so I pulled it towards my crown and bagged and put my bonnet on.

I put it in a puff this morning. My curls are really tight so it was a little tough.

I will try more wash n goes in the spring when 8 have more length.

View attachment 411499
Push through with the coilys @faithVA . It looks really good.

NatrulyMe

What is the difference between CG method & TC method? I know Lorraine Massey invented CG and TC was created by Teri LaFlesh. I read for CG method, one do not use silicones and sulfates, etc... Um, this is a problem for me because I do use Aussie (has silicones) for detangling and my hair tends to get tangle a lot. I need the slip and the extra help for my high porosity hair. If I do try the CG method, it will be tweak for myself. Yet, I am leaning towards the TC method.

NatrulyMe

This is what I found out researching...

Similarity

TC Method & CG Method:

Co-wash
Use A Diffuser/Blow Dryer
Fingers Detangler
Conditioner
Oils

Difference
CG Method: Does not use Silicones
TC Method: You can use Silicones
TC Method: You can use a Detangler Brush
CG Method: Fingers detangler only
CG Method: You can use gel
TC Method: No gel
CG Method: No shampoo
TC Method: You can use Shampoo
TC Method: You Separate and finger coil (depending on your hair type)
CG Method: You do not separate and finger coil

Yes, I think I am leaning towards the TC method.

NatrulyMe

It is about 90% dry, but here's my wash n go using the "Tightly Curly Method." I loooove it!:heart: I have more volume and the only thing I will have to do is give it a shape by fluffing when it is completely dry. Here are before shot using gel (left) and then conditioner only(right):

faithVA

Your hair and color are so cute! The Mane Choice Orchid Biotin Gel is my fav ATM. I plan to get the 24K-Gold Twisting Gel very soon.

Thank You. I'm still trying to figure out the henna but it's working better than the color.

I think the Mane Choice gel might be my fav right now as well. I didn't really have a favorite yet. Usually wearing a wash n go for a day, and/or a puff, by the end of the day my hair is so shrunken and welded together, I have to shampoo it to do anything with it. Tonight I was able to pull sections, wet it and twist it. That has never happened. To be able to convert a wng and/or puff into a twist out is a game changer.

Let me know about the Twisting Gel. I haven't found anything I love for twist yet.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy sold me her jar of Mane Choice gel. I used it last night after I did my henna and I think it's a win for me. I was too tired to take a picture last night. I event figured out how to keep he. Urls overnight when my hair is wet so I pulled it towards my crown and bagged and put my bonnet on.

I put it in a puff this morning. My curls are really tight so it was a little tough.

I will try more wash n goes in the spring when I have more length.

View attachment 411499

@faithVA, this looks REALLY GOOD!

I love it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@NatrulyMe here are some videos where they use just oil and gel, which is very close to what I do:

The more you do wash and goes, the better they get because the hair is being "trained" where to go. Finger detangling helps maintain the curls as well. Also, hair usually gains volume as each day passes, which is why some prefer second- and third-day hair.

I watched the first video and love her method and results.

I'm just imagining: It'd never work on my hair. My hair would shrink up so over those 4 hours!

Is her hair considered low density? It's waaaaaaaaaaaay less dense than mine.

I'm going to try her method, just out of curiosity. It's hard to imagine oil being sufficient to combat the kind of shrinkage I get, though, but fingers crossed!

NatrulyMe

I watched the first video and love her method and results.

I'm just imagining: It'd never work on my hair. My hair would shrink up so over those 4 hours!

Is her hair considered low density? It's waaaaaaaaaaaay less dense than mine.

I'm going to try her method, just out of curiosity. It's hard to imagine oil being sufficient to combat the kind of shrinkage I get, though, but fingers crossed!

I saw her videos too. Yes, her hair is low-medium density.

Anyways, I used coconut water mixed with Aloe vera gel as my spritz on soaking wet hair. Then, I used my oil mix on each section of hair before adding the conditioner (Aussie Moist).

faithVA

Your hair and color are so cute! The Mane Choice Orchid Biotin Gel is my fav ATM. I plan to get the 24K-Gold Twisting Gel very soon.
I went to the Mane Choice website to purchase her shears. I was .05 cents away from free shipping. So I figured pay $5 in shipping and get nothing for it or buy something else and consider it a discount :lol: So I purchased the 24K Gold Twisting Gel. I watched a video on it and it looked great. I guess it will be here next week.

I will try to use it in the next two weeks. I will let you know. I would love to do a rod set.

GettingKinky

Thanks!
After shampooing, dc, & conditioning: tied in four sections with a t-shirt, misted with aloe juice & filtered water. Kinky Curly Knot Today as leave-in & WetLine Extreme gel, generously applied. I don't scrunch out the crunch or oil ends before it's dry.

I think I'm going to try this combo. I'm almost out of KCCC and I have an almost full jar of wet line extreme.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I tried using my smelly Suncoat gel again. My hair is a mop of scrawny squiggles and the front is tickling my lashes. The only good part was the ease of use; I could almost detangle with it.

Am I the only one getting these stupid little gel balls from Wetline Xtreme?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a wash n go with Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip as my leave-in and Mielle Organics Honey Ginger Gel. I only lasted 2 days and forgot to take a picture. It was dry, crispy, flaking and frizzy by day 2. This taught me three things:

(1) the mango dip may not be a good leave in for gel wash n gos because this is the second gel that I've had dry crispy hair with when I used this leave in.

(2) the Mielle Organics gel flakes. This time the flaking was not as bad as when I used it with the Curl Cream, but it was still there.

(3) I can't use a brush to clump my curls. I used a tangle wrangler to try to clump my curls on the left side of my head. It did the opposite and separated them. I can never get a Denman through my hair and the tangle wrangler works for me for other things people use a Denman for, but not Curl clumping.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I did a wash n go with Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip as my leave-in and Mielle Organics Honey Ginger Gel. I only lasted 2 days and forgot to take a picture. It was dry, crispy, flaking and frizzy by day 2. This taught me three things:

(1) the mango dip may not be a good leave in for gel wash n gos because this is the second gel that I've had dry crispy hair with when I used this leave in.

(2) the Mielle Organics gel flakes. This time the flaking was not as bad as when I used it with the Curl Cream, but it was still there.

(3) I can't use a brush to clump my curls. I used a tangle wrangler to try to clump my curls on the left side of my head. It did the opposite and separated them. I can never get a Denman through my hair and the tangle wrangler works for me for other things people use a Denman for, but not Curl clumping.

:yep: The Mielle Organics gel flaked HORRIBLY for me. I could not. :nono:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Mm. Well, sorry that was the case but glad to know it wasn't jut me. Hmm. I wonder if she knows it is flake-prone and if she is considering modifying the formula.
I've complained.
I've tried different leave ins, applying less, and it still flakes. I'm over it until I see an improved version from her.

GettingKinky

I changed my technique slightly this week.
I separated my hair into 4 sections and for each section I applied KCKT to the entire section, then split it in 2 and applied KCCC. It only took me 18 minutes.

I got compliments from multiple people and on day 4 it still looks good. Maybe next time I'll split each section into 3 or 4.