Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

guyaneseyankee

I just wear my bonnet at night. Pineapple doesn't work for me. To post pictures click on upload a file. Click on photo library and select pictures you want to upload.
Thanks. Although I didn't ask the question, I was wondering too. But how do you get it in your post (not as an upload)?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I also band, and that method far surpasses pineappling, for me.

I band either in 2 halves or 4 quarters. I use Nap 85's method, except I use elastic ribbon strips. I wrap the strip around the root a few times. Then I wrap down the length. Then I wrap a few times around the end with a little hair sticking out and tie the ribbon off (not too tightly).

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
So did a wng yesterday after having my hair straight for 2.5 weeks. I think it came out okay but wasn't ready for the shrinkage. Not sure yet how often I will do these as it takes a while for my hair to dry. I may try a few more till winter sets in and it's too cold to go outside with wet hair. Question what are you ladies doing to your hair at night to preserve? Pineapples don't work for me, any other suggestions? By the way how are you all getting pictures to post?
I use a silk bonnet, shiny-side in. If any part gets flattened, I pull and shake it back into shape, sometimes dry, other times, lightly misted with a liquid or wet hands.

I use PostImage for my pics.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I dry during the day. It's just 2 low ponytails so I don't completely look like a 6 year old. :)

Are you still into wash n gos or have you moved on to be a straight hair natural?

View attachment 412031

My ponytails shrunk up into little afro puffs. :lachen:

Oh, well. I'm still going to rock today's wng once it's fully dry.

Aviary Photo_131511735055187097.jpg

Attachments

• Aviary Photo_131511734528257298.jpg
    Aviary Photo_131511734528257298.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

niknakmac

So did a wng yesterday after having my hair straight for 2.5 weeks. I think it came out okay but wasn't ready for the shrinkage. Not sure yet how often I will do these as it takes a while for my hair to dry. I may try a few more till winter sets in and it's too cold to go outside with wet hair. Question what are you ladies doing to your hair at night to preserve? Pineapples don't work for me, any other suggestions? By the way how are you all getting pictures to post?

I use a silk scarf to tie my hair at night. I make sure that the hair is in the direction I want it to go. Usually the way it dried where the part is to the right or the left. In the morning my hair intially loos super flat when I remove my scarf. It will slowly start springing back up and by the time the shower steam hits it the curls have sprung 100% back up. At that point i just run some moisturizer over it and I am good to go.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy how long were your ponytails when they were wet?

A little shorter than neck length. As it dried, it shrunk up to ear length. If I do a wet pull, it's beyond armpit length in the front, and longer in the back. I have serious shrinkage. :smile:

Dry pull test (photo enlarges upon click):

WP_20170828_015 - Copy.jpg

Soaking wet:

AFTERWP_20170929_006.jpg

Starting to dry:

WP_20170929_015.jpg

Final style:

AFTERWP_20170929_035.jpg

WP_20170929_034.jpg

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I got my 24k gold twisting gel today. I hope to try it soon. She definitely likes things sparkly :lol:
View attachment 412321

I remember being a little weirded out because there was a thread where we were discussing "What products would you want someone to provide," and I mentioned a product that could make the hair shiny, whether because it contained reflective materials or not, and then BAM! This 24k gold twisting gel was on the shelf!

I waited anxiously for YT reviews to see if the product made sheen-able hair SHINY. The early consensus was no :lol:, so I haven't tried it.

I can't wait to hear your review of it for styling, moisture, etc.

Aside: I shook some SM gel souffle at Target today. I just touched and didn't buy, so it's all good. :look: :biggrin:

faithVA

I remember being a little weirded out because there was a thread where we were discussing "What products would you want someone to provide," and I mentioned a product that could make the hair shiny, whether because it contained reflective materials or not, and then BAM! This 24k gold twisting gel was on the shelf!

I waited anxiously for YT reviews to see if the product made sheen-able hair SHINY. The early consensus was no :lol:, so I haven't tried it.

I can't wait to hear your review of it for styling, moisture, etc.

Aside: I shook some SM gel souffle at Target today. I just touched and didn't buy, so it's all good. :look: :biggrin:
So far her products are working ok for me. Unfortunately I never use the same combo twice so I'm not giving it a fair shot. I used the go easy on the curls shampoo, conditioner and leave in and my hair feels so good. I will see how my rollerset turns out. I also bought her shears.

I will try the twist gel in the next ,couple of weeks. Im thinking it will work beytsr than the creams because it wont leave my hair dull. I will mention you when I use it.

Daina

I just wear my bonnet at night. Pineapple doesn't work for me. To post pictures click on upload a file. Click on photo library and select pictures you want to upload.

Thanks yeah I did a bonnet and that worked better. No for the pictures I mean something has changed with the site and no matter what I do I keep getting an error message. I'be resized but nothing seems to work.

Daina

I use a silk scarf to tie my hair at night. I make sure that the hair is in the direction I want it to go. Usually the way it dried where the part is to the right or the left. In the morning my hair intially loos super flat when I remove my scarf. It will slowly start springing back up and by the time the shower steam hits it the curls have sprung 100% back up. At that point i just run some moisturizer over it and I am good to go.

Thanks, I picked up some silk scarves today.

NatrulyMe

Day 3 of my recent wash n go. I am impress! :love5:

RossBoss

YvetteWithJoy

On break
What type of black clips are those in your hair?

It's the Goody Ouchless mini, metal-free updo barrettes. I bought some from Kroger supermarket and Ebay. The Luv Naturals Kimmaytube lady recommends them. I wash my hair with them in (4 or 6 or 8 of them -- usually 6), basically wearing them all wash day. Others at this site do also.

At Kimmaytube's Luv Naturals site: https://www.luvnaturals.com/collect.../goody-ouchless-flex-mini-barrettes-pack-of-2

They come in 2-packs of either all black . . . or one black and one brown one.

They also come in a larger/regular size (just 1 in a pack, I believe).

wp_ss_20171001_0001.png