Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

niknakmac

The mane choice conditioner and gel worked very nicely for me. I didn't have to use alot of product and I got good defnition with no frizz. it's 12:30 and my hair is almost dry...from 6 am. This is a miracle. Also it is not super hard. I think it is beacuse i did conditioner , chi silk infusion then gel. Also I have this piece of hair at the front that never curls today at least it is wavy!

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
The mane choice conditioner and gel worked very nicely for me. I didn't have to use alot of product and I got good defnition with no frizz. it's 12:30 and my hair is almost dry...from 6 am. This is a miracle. Also it is not super hard. I think it is beacuse i did conditioner , chi silk infusion then gel. Also I have this piece of hair at the front that never curls today at least it is wavy!
Mc is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I need to restock. I have the biotin gel and the three in one leave in. I also have the carrot DC and the rinse out conditioner. I want to get the 24k gel.

Anaisin

Ok then this is the beginning of day 4. It dried Sunday and I put it in a bun and wore a bun yesterday too. Spritzed with water to get rid of the dent from the hair band and to reactivate the gel.

I have 2 braids in the front that are drying out and frizzy but I didn't care. I just want to be able to spray my hair or wet it in the shower and go. Haven't been getting much sleep

niknakmac

I'm on day 3 with the MC crystal orchid biotin gel and leave in. I refreshed this morning because I did not wrap my hair up last night. I gave my hair a quick spray of water in the shower and that was all. I didn't have to add any more product and it reset the curls nicely. I did run some chi serum over it, just out of habit. I am really liking this product and am also feeling like the price was worth it. I will try and stock up when they have a sale and may try some of the other products in the line.

Anaisin

I took my hair out of the bun I wore today and just put a bonnet over it. I'll see it I can revive this wng in the morning

GettingKinky

Today I tried KCKT with wet line extreme gel. I didn't like the way the gel felt as I was applying it, too slick and gummy, but my hair came out nice. Good hold, but soft with no cast.

Next time I'm going to let my hair dry without the ponytails. The holder makes a big straight area. I'm going to have to embrace the shrinkage.

GettingKinky

Day 2 with wetline extreme and my hair is already getting frizzy. I guess it's not as good as KCCC.

What color wetline extreme do you all use? I have the blue one, but maybe I should try the clear one.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The creator of the Mielle Organics line was at the Dallas hair expo yesterday. She did a wash and go with her products on stage.

She applied the gel layer by layer starting from the back and bottom of the hair. Each layer was SUPER thin.

I hope I'm getting this correct (I'm 99.9% sure): She recommended these product combinations, based on whether your hair is (1) Type 3 or a finer Type 4 or (2) a courser or kinkier Type 4.

For Type 3 or a finer Type 4 hair:
  1. Begin on freshly washed and conditioned hair
  2. Apply Mielle Organics hair milk (for moisture)
  3. Apply Mielle Organics mousse (to prevent frizzing)
  4. Apply Mielle Organics gel to each super small section using the shingling method until one's fingers slide from root to tip super easily
  5. Rewet sections as need be with a spray bottle before applying product
For courser or kinkier Type 4 hair:
  1. Begin on freshly washed and conditioned hair
  2. Apply Mielle Organics hair milk (for moisture)
  3. Apply Mielle Organics curl cream
  4. Apply Mielle Organics gel to each super small section using the shingling method until one's fingers slide from root to tip super easily
  5. Rewest sections as need be with a spray bottle before applying product
She said: Always dry your hair completely before going outside. This will seal down the gel and allow your wash and go to last longer (she says her clients' last for two weeks!).

Of course, 30 minutes later the Cream of Nature lady did a styling demo and said "never use the heat of a dryer on your hair." :giggle: