Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

GettingKinky

The blue wetline xtreme is a bust. Day 3 and my hair is a fizzy mess. I ordered the clear version and will give it a try this weekend. If that doesn't work I'm back to KCCC.

ETA- or maybe it's not the gel. I had to shampoo this week because my roots really needed it. Maybe my problem is the shampoo and not the gel. I won't throw it away yet, but I'm still going to try the clear version this weekend.

Last edited:

beauti

I used mielle organics products followed by the ginger gel :nono: issa heyall naw. That gel did absolutely nothing for my hair. I applied ecostyle black castor gel over top. This ecostyle gel is my favorite. Great definition, hair is not dry, and it smells really good.
Had a hard time uploading pics from this forum.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I used mielle organics products followed by the ginger gel :nono: issa heyall naw. That gel did absolutely nothing for my hair. I applied ecostyle black castor gel over top. This ecostyle gel is my favorite. Great definition, hair is not dry, and it smells really good.
Had a hard time uploading pics from this forum.

I feel the same way about that gel. At first I thought it was going to be awesome, but then it was a big no.

faithVA

I was hoping maybe I could wear a wng puff for a while but I literally have to rinse my hair every morning which is not maintainable for me.

I will have to be patient until I can put my hair in 6 to 8 braids overnight. Then maybe I can do a wng at night, braid it up and wear a puff the next day.

GettingKinky

I was hoping maybe I could wear a wng puff for a while but I literally have to rinse my hair every morning which is not maintainable for me.

I will have to be patient until I can put my hair in 6 to 8 braids overnight. Then maybe I can do a wng at night, braid it up and wear a puff the next day.

Why do you have to rinse your hair every morning?

faithVA

Why do you have to rinse your hair every morning?
Because it starts to dry out by the next morning and as it dries it shrinks and my curls start locking on each other. It probably can make it 1.5 days but not 2 days. If it dries out too much then I end up with splits, tangles and asks.

faithVA

@faithVA what product combinations have tried.

Sigh I probably can't list them all.

If I want to have any curls I have to limit my products to a diluted leave in and a gel applied heavily. If i use any oils or butters my curls straighten out and my hair frizzes.

This weekend I used tgin leave in straight with tgin twist and curl cream.

faithVA

Tgin smells amazing but gave me zero hold. Have you tried kinky curly or Camille rose?
Yes I've tried kinky curly. but not Camille roze. I've tried kinky curly, as I am, tgin, wetline and a few others. My hair dries out in the same time.
I didn't buy the Camille Rose because I didn't really see any reviews that led me to believe it was going to work in my hair. So I've been trying to use up gels instead of just buying one after another.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Dyed my hair late last night with reshma henna that I've had in my stash for over a year. I was sick of my grey and didn't really see when I would make it to salon to get it done. I went in with no expectations but I was pleasantly surprised that it did the job. However I was up doing my hair until 4am due to poor planning on my part :look:. For my wash N go I used kckt and kccc DB2BD4E3-9A0A-4D4E-BF5E-326DF2E24005.jpeg19A72DF7-00E9-4B2E-9DF1-94ECC8A060CC.jpeg4C8E6C2E-8309-494C-B532-757DC2FB63D8.jpeg

discodumpling

Hey y'all I really have to look hard for pics of my hair lately. But rest assured I am still about that wash n go life. As always my regi is super simple and doable!
I'm still using ORS Naturals leavein sealed lately with an oil of choice (olive of coconut most often) and styled with Eco..ALWAYS!
I set my wash no go's on Sundays or Saturdays and reset on Wednesdays with a co-wash.
Lately i've been blow drying my curls (I just blow hot air at it till it's dry; no touching!) with no negative reactions like frizz or a shorter wash n go cycle. My curls stay on fleek :) until wash day!
Lately i've been getting the urge to straighten her...i'll give in before the end of the year i'm sure I just need an even that's worth it...like going to Jay Z's 444 tour in December !

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today I:
  • prepooed with Chicoro's 2-step moisture-drenched prepoo recipe (hair felt great!)
  • skipped the Cantu ACV Root Rinse
  • cleansed with Henna Sooq Coveda Shampoo Bar (hair was cleansed, NOT stripped, coated, and feeling super strong)
  • am DCing with Henna Sooq Hair Nourisher (about to rinse it out)
  • then section by section will work CurlyProverbz DIY Hair Tea in and apply new-to-me SM Anti-breakage Firm Hold Gel Cream (I'm praying it doesn't flake like it did for that lady on YouTube :pray:)
WP_20171109_011 1.jpg