Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Alma Petra

I thought about mixing gels with oils, but I get pissed off and toss the gels, lol.

Ugh, I have not used condish in yearsss. Leave-ins never worked for me, so I guess I could try a cheapie rinse-out and send the leftovers to someone.
If you want to leave it in you will need to dilute it a lot to avoid getting flakes this time around, because rinse-outs are heavy. But if you want to condition and rinse out, you can try maybe Herbal Essences Bee Strong? It's my favourite rinse-out :cupid:

GGsKin

My hair this morning after yesterday's wash session: Clay mix then DC with Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream. Rinsed, then coated with my ayurvedic shea mix and topped with diluted KCCC (with a lil ECO flaxseed on ends). Wearing the same style as last week.
I think I'm finally falling for shea butter, and a version of Eco:eek:.2018-01-07_10.55.09.jpg 2018-01-07_10.59.09.jpg

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Did a wash and go late last night. When I took my hat off yesterday after getting home from work, I just couldn't go another day with my twists being as messy as they were.
Wet my hair down, reapplied leave in (Soultanicals Frizz Whiz), and raked Wetline gel (clear, old formula) through.
The right front side of my head won't let me be great :rolleyes:

IMG_20180109_143139_20180109143548586.jpg
IMG_20180109_143139_20180109143548586_20180109144109927.jpg

IMG_20180109_143225.jpg

OhTall1

View media item 129697
C/P from the What are your weekend hair plans? thread
  • Clarified with Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo (This was my first time using this. I like how my hair felt after I washed it. Some of the online reviews complained about the scent but it didn't bother me.)
  • Did the Aphogee two step protein treatment
  • Deep conditioned with Deva's Melt Into Moisture
  • Did my WNG today with APB leave in, shea butter - I'm kinda lurking in the 2018 shea challenge - and Eco Styler Black Castor and Flaxseed Oil gel

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
As much as I wish my hair looked longer, shrinkage is my friend. When it shrinks, it looks so thick and full. When it's more stretched, it looks a bit scraggly.
Same here! That is the main reason I want length.
I was never one to believe my hair could look good with just oils, but my hair does! I've relied on gels for a decade to the detriment of my hair's health.

Bad thing is that I don't want oils all over my pillow case and sheets.

Maybe I'll go no product. Who knows.
Do you use oils for sealing and/or oil rinsing? I do mainly oil rinsing and go.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
BB gel.

https://www.houseofbeautyworld.com/...r(BSC)&utm_term=1100203251167&utm_content=All

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I did a wng this weekend that failed. I used Eco Style Gel (Black Castor and Flaxseed) over HairVeda Heavy Cream. Hair was undefined, sticky, shrunken, etc. :nono:

However, today's/yesterday's wng is awesome.

For it, I used Bronner Brothers firm hold curling gel (see above) over left-in DevaCurl Decadence One Condition. I followed the tips in the video I linked above (except I air dried because I don't have a hard bonnet dryer yet).

Usually my hair shrinks up to the top of my ears and is fro-y. This Bronner Brothers gel delivered. It indeed reduced bulk, as advertised! The hold is SUPER strong.

I was in the process of banding my hair when I noticed a section of hair in my undercarriage just completely vertical when dry!!! My hair NEVER falls/lays like this when dry.

WIN_20180213_21_23_25_Pro.jpg

I was too heavy handed with the gel (it was my first use ). I can't wait to try it again.

My hair is completely dry below. I love the elongation. :up:

BronnerBrothersWnG1.png

BronnerBrothersWnG2.png

Daina

@Daina
When I prepare my hair for a wash n go pony tail I liberally apply KCNT and KCCC on soaking wet hair. Then I French twist the front and pull my hair into a pony tail. When I need a mid-week refresh I spray the frizzy parts with water and apply a little more KCCC. I'm very hair lazy and this works pretty well for me.

Thanks sis!