Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Last winter was my first winter with loose natural hair. I mostly used the Camille Rose Naturals Whipped Aloe Gel over their Moisture Milk with sweet almond oil or castor oil on my ends. Sometimes I would switch it up with Giovanni Direct Leave-In or KCKT.

How did your hair feel when you used those products last fall?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Hey @YvetteWithJoy I've been thinking for the majority of last year I would do finger coils but I would do very small sections. Small enough that I wouldn't need to separate. I will try to find some pictures for you. I'm bringing it up because I would get so much definition doing this. I would do it because I felt it gave me a more uniform look. I have different textures going in and doing the coils gave a more uniform appearance. I don't do them now because they take to long. I got the idea from watching Terri Laflesh she has a method called tightly curly check YouTube and Google she has a website. I used gel but you can also use conditioner or a cream.
@YvetteWithJoy here are some pictures from when I use to do the finger coilsimage.jpeg

discodumpling

This was my wng yesterday as I saw my boys (all 120+ of 'em) off to football camp. Why did folks keep complimenting my "twist out"? I was not about to get stressed out and sweaty explaining to these folks about a wash n go, raking, gel and the process. I'll just let 'em think what they wanna think!
This was 2nd day hair with AuntJackies Leave-in, Curl Activator, & Ecostyler.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hubby attempted did my wash and go today. Too sweet. (He saw my fatigue, I think. :smile:)

He did a pretty good job!

It's defined and moisturized. He used the Jane Carter sample kit I've had forever but haven't tried again since the first trial. My curiosity about it revived because it contains a foam. It was nice to actually use up a product and be done with it, even if it was just a sample.

Pic attached.

P.S. Hubby is a heavy-handed little somebody!

Attachments

• WP_20160819_014.jpg
    WP_20160819_014.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 41

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I hope I remember to try this at some point, sans the Eco styler. (I'll use Camille Naturals CurlMaker instead, or Uncle Funky's Daughter's Curl Stimulator instead).

This is one way I can try to use up that DevaCurl SuperCreme that came in the kit.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried the curl keeper. So far I like it but I think I used the wrong kind of leave in. I used mielle organics white peony leave in. I like the smell but it does nothing for curl definition. I'm currently under the dryer. Lets see how this wash n go turned out.

naturalmanenyc

Napp The only Salon gel I ever used is the Curly Whip from Hair Rules. It's a HG gel for me, but I don't consider anything to be strong hold because I can't get a really good 2nd day out of ANY gel. But I love the way it glides onto my strands. It's not gluey like Eco Styler.

I finally got around to trying Hair Rules Curly Whip. I have cute first-day hair.
I prefer curl creams over gel so Curly Whip worked well for me. A friend said it's the best product her daughter's hair (4a like mine).

Last edited:

Luscious850

Friday:
- Pre-poo with my oil mix overnight

------------
Saturday:
- Cleansed - SM JBCO Shampoo
- Protein treatment - Aphogee 2 step treatment
- Rinse out - Aphogee balancing conditioner mixed with SM manuka honey
- Deep condition - SM manuka honey and mafura oil
- Oil Rinse with my oil mix
- Leave In - KK knot today
- Moisturizer - CRN fresh curl
- Styler - CRN curl maker

------------
Today:
- Refreshed my hair with my AVJ/water and sealed with my oil mix
-------------

My hair feels rejuvenated and reinforced. I still have a long way to go but I'm happy I've been consistent.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried the curl keeper. So far I like it but I think I used the wrong kind of leave in. I used mielle organics white peony leave in. I like the smell but it does nothing for curl definition. I'm currently under the dryer. Lets see how this wash n go turned out.
I'm not sure if i like the results. i like the volume but it looks like my hair is slightly elongated. for some reason i have an inverted bob look to my hair.

i think next time i will use a heavier leave in. so far i like the curl keeper. i scrunched the crunch and my hair is light and touchable wHich i really like.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I finally got around to trying Hair Rules Curly Whip. I have cute first-day hair.
I prefer curl creams over gel so Curly Whip worked well for me. A friend said 's the best product her daughter's hair (4a like mine).

Yay!

Did it define your hair (create curls)? Does it have any hold? TIA!

naturalmanenyc

Yay!

Did it define your hair (create curls)? Does it have any hold? TIA!

No, it didn't create curls but does hold my curls like a creamy gel. It almost has an Elmer's glue consistency but has good slip when applying.
It's the old formula though. Not the reformulated version.

Not sure the new formula performs the same. My friend just bought more Curly Whip from Hair Rules so I guess I will find out soon.

My bottle = Old Ingredients:
Ingredients: water, glyceryl polymethacrylate, crambe abyssinica seed oil, honey, hedychium, coronarium root extract, cymbopogon shoenanthus extract, humulus lupulus extract, coix lacryma-jobi seed extract, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, triethanolamine, carbomer, benzophenone-4, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, fragrance, disodium EDTA, DMDM hydantonin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate

New Ingredients:
water (aqua), glycerin, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, butylene glycol, crambe abyssinica seed oil, honey (mel), hedychium coronarium root (hawaiian ginger) extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, coix lacryma-jobi (job’s tears) seed extract, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzophenone-4, carbomer, disodium EDTA, triethanolamine, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum)

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

Though I'm definitely a lurker and taking notes, I recently used the curl keeper original on top of Shea moisture low porosity leave in. It worked really well, really soft, good hold and definition. Hold is not hard at all. And a little went a long way.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

@Napp and @Saludable84 and @Pokahontas:

:imsorry:
Do you mind sharing the exact name of the Curl Keeper product again . . . or better yet a link. I'm going to see if I can find a sample of it at Ulta or something.

I know I asked SOMEWHERE before, I just can't remember which thread and I don't have time to look for that post.

Thanks in advance.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

@Napp and @Saludable84 and @Pokahontas:

:imsorry:
Do you mind sharing the exact name of the Curl Keeper product again . . . or better yet a link. I'm going to see if I can find a sample of it at Ulta or something.

I know I asked SOMEWHERE before, I just can't remember which thread and I don't have time to look for that post.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a little sample pack: http://www.frizzoff.com/98-Curl-Keeper-Travel-Pack.aspx

I contains Curl Keeper Original, Curl Keeper Gel, and Curl Keeper Styling Cream. I just can't tell which one folks are trialing and reviewing at this thread.