Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
What did u use?
I used Knot Today, Curl Keeper Original and Edens Body Works Curling Jelly. I've done this combo before with great results except I used Eden's leave in instead of KCKT. I'm thinking KCKT is not moisturizing enough to combat the dryness of curl keeper because I did my hair over using Shea Moisture JBCO styling lotion and curl keeper gel and my hair feels good.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I used Sprangz today! :look:

Last night/today's wash day and the ah-mazing smells all night and this morning are a hit! My hair feels soft and smells yummy.
  1. I deep conditioned overnight with HairVeda's Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner which I rinsed out with cool water in the morning,
  2. I applied DevaCurl One Condition to my roots (I could see in my shower mirror that definition was needed at the roots),
  3. I applied Bekura's Honey Latte Milk all over and flashed it under the shower water to further distribute it then applied a little more,
  4. I applied Blue Roze Cream Gel (Oh! So wonderful to take a BREAK FROM goopy gel!!! :clap:),
  5. I put Sprangz on about 15 hair sections to elongate my hair as it dried, and
  6. I used the diffuser to hurry along the drying (I'm taking the 6-year-old to his cousin's birthday party today and have to get moving).
(photos enlarge upon clicking)
WP_20160910_006.jpg WP_20160910_016.jpg

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I want to love curl maker but I can't get it to work great for me. My hair always feels producty (is that a word....y'all know what I mean lol) even when I only use a small amount. I've resorted to just using it on my edges.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I used Knot Today, Curl Keeper Original and Edens Body Works Curling Jelly. I've done this combo before with great results except I used Eden's leave in instead of KCKT. I'm thinking KCKT is not moisturizing enough to combat the dryness of curl keeper because I did my hair over using Shea Moisture JBCO styling lotion and curl keeper gel and my hair feels good.

How do you like the EBW. I've still got some but I found it to be heavy. I was still transitioning at the time, so I might revisit it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I want to love curl maker but I can't get it to work great for me. My hair always feels producty (is that a word....y'all know what I mean lol) even when I only use a small amount. I've resorted to just using it on my edges.

Are you talking about the gel or original. Once it started getting humid, original wasn't that great.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Are you talking about the gel or original. Once it started getting humid, original wasn't that great.

Wait: Curl Maker is different from Curl Keeper, right? Which one is acting up? Curl Maker or Curl Keeper?

If it's Curl Keeper that's acting up, it's the Original you were using and NOT the gel, right, @Pokahontas?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I've been luving my wng. I did the full mhm and hair is responding really well. I used kcc as my styler.

I plan on washing my hair 2morrow and will use curl maker. Im gonna try really working it into my hair and i will only use alittle bit.

Attachments

• rps20160911_145409.jpg
    rps20160911_145409.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 167
  • 20160911_144620.jpg
    20160911_144620.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wait: Curl Maker is different from Curl Keeper, right? Which one is acting up? Curl Maker or Curl Keeper?

If it's Curl Keeper that's acting up, it's the Original you were using and NOT the gel, right, @Pokahontas?
Yes I was talking about Camille Rose Curl Maker. It is confusing lol.

The one I posted about that was acting up was the Curl Keeper original yes. I'm still experimenting with that one. I think I just need a heavier leave in with it. I redid my hair and used curl keeper gel and it's still working good.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
The original. I'm on the fence about the original right now. My hair was really dry this time. The first time I used it I got great results so in not sure what happened. Curly hair can be so difficult at times lol. One day something works amazing and the next time it's a flop. I have yet to find products that are consistent every time.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
The original. I'm on the fence about the original right now. My hair was really dry this time. The first time I used it I got great results so in not sure what happened. Curly hair can be so difficult at times lol. One day something works amazing and the next time it's a flop. I have yet to find products that are consistent every time.

I hear you. I haven't used the gel yet, but the original worked great like 3 times and as soon as humidity shot up it was terrible. A dry tangled mess. I had to wash again the next day. The original worked well in the summer and gel was a flop, so now, I'm wondering about the reverse.

I'm over consistency. It's not overrated, it's just not checking for me :(

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Ugh I did my wash n go routine and I hate the results I got from definining each strand. My hair looked so stringy. I can probably do it with a creamy styler but not gel.

I just put on my bonnet and will try and fix it tomorrow
I used to do that and yea it was "noodley" lol. Did you try breaking the gel cast to fluff it up? Now I do a method where I take small chunks and define them then just pull the chunks apart when dry so it doesn't come out stringy.

GGsKin

So today I was ready to get in the shower and wash mmy hair. I took a look in the mirror and my hair is so darn cute. Never had this level of cuteness with a wash and go. Each day gets better. I was afraid of tangles but it seems to be fine. How long do you guys go? I think its day five or six.

The longest I think I've gone was the other day on day 11. My hair was looking and feeling great but the shed hairs were building up and becoming difficult to remove. I don't like to go that long because of that alone.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So today I was ready to get in the shower and wash mmy hair. I took a look in the mirror and my hair is so darn cute. Never had this level of cuteness with a wash and go. Each day gets better. I was afraid of tangles but it seems to be fine. How long do you guys go? I think its day five or six.
8 days was probably my longest. The tangles were terrible though.

Luscious850

Sunday September 11, 2016
Soo... I definitely cut my hair, again. Ok maybe it was more of a trim (my second one this year). I used a ruler to measure and took off 1.5in all around. My ends were terribly damaged from previous years of color damage. They had to go! I have a few more inches to take off but I think I can maintain and gradually get rid of them over time.

Wash day process:
1. Deep Condition: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
2. Co-Wash: Tresemmè Botanique
3. Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today
4. Styler: Kinky Curly Curling Custard
------
Results:
Soft, easy to manage, moisturized hair.

-----
Final thoughts:
Im really loving the Curling Custard. I think out of this group I'm going to give the success of this wash & go to my cows and styler. I know for sure the Tresemmè and the custard are keepers! I don't know about the other two. I feel a bit underwhelmed.
  • Pro: The 'Curling Custard' has this silky feel on the hair that just lets my fingers glide with ease. Love it!:lick:
  • Pro: The 'Curling Custard' doesn't leave a crunch in my hair, it dries soft
  • Con: The 'Heaven in Hair' is a joke. My hair laughed at it and all of its efforts. It was pointless. We're going to give it a around 2 eventually and hopefully that goes better but this was a no-no. My hair was dryer after using it than it was before.
  • Con: Still trying to figure out this 'Knot Today', it leaves my hair a tangled hot mess, ugh.
  • Con: The 'Curling Custard' leaves a very thin sticky film on the hair. Its nothing to write home about but I figured I should still mention the observation.
-----
Please excuse my misshaped hair. I was laying down and forgot to fluff her out. I just got a burst of energy and used that to get straight to snapping these shots, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0179-2.jpg
    IMG_0179-2.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 34

kimmiecakes

Sunday September 11, 2016
Soo... I definitely cut my hair, again. Ok maybe it was more of a trim (my second one this year). I used a ruler to measure and took off 1.5in all around. My ends were terribly damaged from previous years of color damage. They had to go! I have a few more inches to take off but I think I can maintain and gradually get rid of them over time.

Wash day process:
1. Deep Condition: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
2. Co-Wash: Tresemmè Botanique
3. Leave-in: Kinky Curly Knot Today
4. Styler: Kinky Curly Curling Custard
------
Results:
Soft, easy to manage, moisturized hair.

-----
Final thoughts:
Im really loving the Curling Custard. I think out of this group I'm going to give the success of this wash & go to my cows and styler. I know for sure the Tresemmè and the custard are keepers! I don't know about the other two. I feel a bit underwhelmed.
  • Pro: The 'Curling Custard' has this silky feel on the hair that just lets my fingers glide with ease. Love it!:lick:
  • Pro: The 'Curling Custard' doesn't leave a crunch in my hair, it dries soft
  • Con: The 'Heaven in Hair' is a joke. My hair laughed at it and all of its efforts. It was pointless. We're going to give it a around 2 eventually and hopefully that goes better but this was a no-no. My hair was dryer after using it than it was before.
  • Con: Still trying to figure out this 'Knot Today', it leaves my hair a tangled hot mess, ugh.
  • Con: The 'Curling Custard' leaves a very thin sticky film on the hair. Its nothing to write home about but I figured I should still mention the observation.
-----
Please excuse my misshaped hair. I was laying down and forgot to fluff her out. I just got a burst of energy and used that to get straight to snapping these shots, lol.
Your hair is super cute

Napp

Ms. Nobody

I don't go past 7 days. I also do not wet the hair during the week unless it's just a few strands. I feel like constantly moisturizing my wash n go makes my hair tangle with the shed hairs

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I'm back to trying to perfect my wash and go after wearing twistouts for the last three weeks. I used kinky curly knot today and curling custard and got the best wash and go I've had in awhile. I deep conditioned with my fav Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner as my DC and that may have had something to do with it. That was my last bit of it too. :(

kimmiecakes

well I just co washed and used the cantu leave in and curling cream with eco. It will take a bit of time to dry. I'm uncomfortable with the amount of shed hairs I got. Sigh, I'm not feeling like wash and go is healthy for my retention. Believe it or not wet bunning gave me the best results. I swear this hair thing is really depressing.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I used curl maker today and my wng turned out great!!! I took you ladies advice about really smoothing in the product instead of plopping it on. I really depended on my watery KCNT leave-in to help define the curls and then used the curl maker to keep the definition. We'll see how day 2 goes tomorrow.

Guinan

Re-Branding
well I just co washed and used the cantu leave in and curling cream with eco. It will take a bit of time to dry. I'm uncomfortable with the amount of shed hairs I got. Sigh, I'm not feeling like wash and go is healthy for my retention. Believe it or not wet bunning gave me the best results. I swear this hair thing is really depressing.

How often are you washing or detangling your hair? Cantu and eco products are a huge no-no for me to do a wng. IDK why but it's just too strong. What's making this wng different? I'm still on the fence about wng's and my retention. But I am trying out my current reggie until next yr; in which I either wash or finger detangle every 2-3days when I wear a wng. My hair sheds like CRAZY!!!!! So, Every wash I have about a half palm of shed hairs; however my hair seems to be ok. I'm trying not to measure my hair but when I do a pull test, my lead hairs are reaching MBL.

kimmiecakes

How often are you washing or detangling your hair? Cantu and eco products are a huge no-no for me to do a wng. IDK why but it's just too strong. What's making this wng different? I'm still on the fence about wng's and my retention. But I am trying out my current reggie until next yr; in which I either wash or finger detangle every 2-3days when I wear a wng. My hair sheds like CRAZY!!!!! So, Every wash I have about a half palm of shed hairs; however my hair seems to be ok. I'm trying not to measure my hair but when I do a pull test, my lead hairs are reaching MBL.
I had a lot of hair on my hands. Well, not a lot but some and some in the comb a few strands. I just got scared. I do think my limit needs to be three days sadly. Blah