Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
The rules:

1. Must Wash and Go at least 1- 2 times a week.

2. Post pictures!

3. Share your regimen

4. Share new products,styles and techniques that you are using

5. If you would like post a starting picture please do so! We want the wash n go look while we grow healthy long tresses!

Our length reveal will be the first day of spring.

If you want some more rules please ask. This is going to be a real challenge for us what with the cold weather and everything.

Challengers

beauti
Mz.MoMo5235
whiteoleander91
Cattypus1
stephanie75miller
Joigirl
Napp
myfaithrising
havilland
kandigyrl
Fauxshim
MissMusic
krissyhair
Bun Mistress

Last edited:

Joigirl

I have gone out with a wet head in the past. I live in WI and I did WNGs even in the dead of winter. It didn't bother me as long as I was only going from my house or office to the car.

My hair is getting too long for that now. I would have a large wet stain on my collar. I either cowash during the weekend and let it air dry at home or I'll wash at night and sit under the dryer and or diffuse. My hair is usually still wet at the roots, but I pineapple it and let it completely dry the next morning.

I try to only wash and restyle about once a week.

Fauxshim

Gym Rat
Are wash and goes safe for the winter or will my ends wind up terminated?

I just did a wash and go today. I'm not sure how to upload pics from my iPhone, though.

My regimen is just to wash and condition every three days (I work out at the gym daily) and deep condition once a week with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I pretty much just use any drugstore shampoo and conditioner. I am attempting to finish up a bottle of Organix Keratin Oil Shampoo and Pantene Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Conditioner. For leave in products after a wash, I use the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave in conditioner. Then I seal with rice bran oil (I chose this oil because of the ceramide content) and finally use the Organix Kukui Nut Oil Curling Creme. I use my fingers to rake the products through my hair. I shake my head from side to side a few times to separate the curls/kinks/naps (whatever term you prefer) and let it air dry. The next day, I will use the Aussie hair insurance leave in conditioner and seal with rice bran oil. The day after that, I will use the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave in Conditioner and seal with rice and bran oil. Both days after a wash, I normally dampen my hair with water in a spray bottle before I apply any product.

Last edited:

myfaithrising

I'm in!! I started the MHM in July so I'm new to the wash and go game. I have no idea how to survive in the NY winter having to wet my hair so often so I'm definitely looking for tips from the pros. Now, I'm washing my hair 3-4 times a week and I often go out with a wet head and dry during my commute, I walk 4 blocks to the subway so going out in zero degree weather would be a no no. I think that staying on the regimen that I'm on now will really increase my growth and retention so I don't want to stop, my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for the best!!

krissyhair

Hey, maybe I'll participate...not sure yet. But here is my winter, sub-zero wash-and-go tip: wrap wet hair in a t-shirt until you're ready to style; use your products; put away in a bun, ponytail or clip; wrap in your satin scarf and put on your winter hat. At your destination, take off the hat and scarf, and your hair will be safe from the cold.

myfaithrising

Hey, maybe I'll participate...not sure yet. But here is my winter, sub-zero wash-and-go tip: wrap wet hair in a t-shirt until you're ready to style; use your products; put away in a bun, ponytail or clip; wrap in your satin scarf and put on your winter hat. At your destination, take off the hat and scarf, and your hair will be safe from the cold.

Great idea!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
The rules:

3. Share your regimen

I cowash daily/every other day. Shampoo 1-2x a week, DC once a week. I do my wash and go's on wet/damp hair. Lately, I've been doing them in sections of either 4 or 6. I use whatever leave-in I feel my hair needs for that day. I use styling gel, then lightly go over it with activator gel so that the gel cast doesn't fully harden (with this technique, I have soft and moisturized curls). For second day hair, I either put my hair in a low pony or just let it be loose in my satin bonnet for bedtime; in the morning I will just take off the hair tie and let it perk back up on its own. No re-wetting or fussing with it too much. Favorite gels: Eco Styler (Clear/Krystal), Worlds of Curls curl activator.

5. If you would like post a starting picture please do so! We want the wash n go look while we grow healthy long tresses!

Some pics!

I did a wash and go today. I used Annabelle's Perfect Blends leave-in (Birthday Cake scent :lick:) and Eco Styler Krystal/Worlds of Curls to define my curls. I applied the gel with my fingertips only, kind of as if I were picking at my hair, if that makes sense. Wet results:

The attachment is my starting length. I just did a trim, took off maybe a little more than an inch. I had my hair in a bun right before taking the pic, so it looks kinda crazy lol

Attachments

• IMAG1323 (1).jpg
    IMAG1323 (1).jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 386

Joigirl

Regimen: I cowash and DC once a week and use the Curly Girl method. I still shampoo about once a month. I just bought a steamer. It is awesome!

Shampoo:
Elucence Moisture Benefits
Kinky Curly Come Clean

Cowash:
Tresemme Naturals

Leave In:
KCKT
KBN Shealoe
DB Daily Leave In

Stylers:
KCCC
Hello Curly
Donna Marie Dream Curl Creme

DCs
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Curl Junkie Repair Me
Annabelle's Blueberry Cheesecake

Attachments

• image-1289433937.jpg
    image-1289433937.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

kandigyrl

I would like to join.

Regimen: I do a hot oil treatment, shampoo, and DC once a week.
Shampoo: TJ Tea Tree
DC: Aussie 3 min moister 3 min strong, ORS replenishing conditioner.
Leave in: SM curl and style milk or Tresemme naturals
Sealant: African Royale Hot Six oiler.
I tried to post a pic but it was too large so here is the link. I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. Sorry.
http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/...oads/97DED243-8BA9-4505-9A18-A21078EFC757.jpg

Napp

Ms. Nobody
bronzephoenix
Fauxshim
krissyhair

Are you still interested in joining? No pressure I just want to make sure I get everyone.

also Fauxshim why did you delete your post? I was going to respond. I think if we seal our hair with butters and oils we can survive the harsh winter. In fact I am going to buy a sealing leave in conditioner and see if i can make a 2 products job with one product.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Here is my regimen:
I primarily do wash n goes. I co-wash or wet my hair daily. I go to hairdresser once a month to get deep conditioning and steam. I also go to hairdresser to get my hair colored to cover my grey whenever it starts showing.
My products:
As I am coconut cowash
Aussie moist conditioner (everyday)
Curls line: goddess curls, creme brûlée, lavish moisture
Curls unleashed line: set it off curl boosting jelly, curl defining creme and their leaving
Several shea moisture products
Eden body works products
Here are my starting pictures:

Attachments

• image-1728625505.jpg
    image-1728625505.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 278
  • image-2046991913.jpg
    image-2046991913.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 262
  • image-1075552252.jpg
    image-1075552252.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 248
  • image-3125400944.jpg
    image-3125400944.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 241
  • image-3800797515.jpg
    image-3800797515.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 236

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Regimen:
Shampoo when necessary
Cowash/Cocleanse every 2-4 days
Dry under hooded dryer for 10 - 15 min
DC 2-3x a week with heat and conditioning cap

When the style gets too smashed or fuzzy looking i will throw it in a loose puff until next wash day.

Products:

Cleansers: Herbal essences color me happy cleaning conditioner, novex brazillian keratin shampoo

Rinse: Assorted conditioners from my stash that i am trying to use up

Leave in: Herbal essences smoothing collection conditioner, skafe keraform bb cream,

Stylers: Kuz straightening finish wax, Bee Mine Luscious moisturizer

Deep Conditioner: Assorted Novex Deep conditioners

Pics!

Straight hair

Dry curly Hair

Napp

Ms. Nobody
whiteoleander91 how do you dry your hair when you use gel like that? I switched to creams because gel takes forever to dry in my hair. do you use any type of drying device or do you just air dry?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
whiteoleander91 how do you dry your hair when you use gel like that? I switched to creams because gel takes forever to dry in my hair. do you use any type of drying device or do you just air dry?

Napp

Mostly, I air dry, but sometimes I'll use a blow dryer in the winter if I really need it. I take more time to separate my curls and it has dramatically decreased my dry time. My hair tends to super clump when I use gel, to the point where I'll have large wet clumps of curls that take a very long time to dry. Before, if I did a wash and go in the morning, it would be very wet almost all day; now I do a wash and go in the morning, and about 45 mins to an hour later, my hair is more like damp than wet. Additionally, since I've started using sections, I've noticed that it has helped my hair to dry faster.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Oh, and I make sure to sit under my ceiling fan for at least like 30 mins before leaving in the morning lol. That helps :3

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
for anyone who is interested, some examples of what I mean about overly clumped hair/dry times:

in the first 3 pics, my hair is super clumped. this would take a long time to dry. after styling this way, my hair would probably take a whole day to dry, but I'd still have wet roots in random spots. in the last 2 pics, my hair is very separated. my hair was probably mostly dry 3 or 4 hours after I styled it, with only a few damp spots near my roots.

Attachments

• IMAG0816.jpg
    IMAG0816.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMAG0825.jpg
    IMAG0825.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMAG0829 (2).jpg
    IMAG0829 (2).jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 303
  • IMAG7630.jpg
    IMAG7630.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 319
  • IMAG9309.jpg
    IMAG9309.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 313

Napp

Ms. Nobody
for anyone who is interested, some examples of what I mean about overly clumped hair/dry times:

in the first 3 pics, my hair is super clumped. this would take a long time to dry. after styling this way, my hair would probably take a whole day to dry, but I'd still have wet roots in random spots. in the last 2 pics, my hair is very separated. my hair was probably mostly dry 3 or 4 hours after I styled it, with only a few damp spots near my roots.

How pretty! your hair reminds me so much of mine!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I bought an extra long bonnet from the beauty supply store. I wonder if it will work like a buff or a satin sack and allow me to maintain my curls overnight. Im crossing my fingers if this could get me past the 2 day hump. My goal is to wash and dc every 4 days.

Fauxshim

Gym Rat
bronzephoenix
Fauxshim
krissyhair

Are you still interested in joining? No pressure I just want to make sure I get everyone.

also Fauxshim why did you delete your post? I was going to respond. I think if we seal our hair with butters and oils we can survive the harsh winter. In fact I am going to buy a sealing leave in conditioner and see if i can make a 2 products job with one product.

Yes, I'm interested in joining. I will be air drying, though. I don't know too much about using diffusers.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

and thats exactly what happens to my hair if its heavily styled or retains the water. If I do the Anthony Dickey method, my hair will take two days to dry. If I shake my hair and get rid of most of the water, it will take about 5-6 hours to dry.

Im in a protective style for now and then in a crochet style after but I washngo in between styles. I'll peep in on this thread.