Family Christian Stores To Shut Down All 240 Outlets

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

After 85 years of operation
, Family Christian has announced it will close all its stores, which will impact more than 3,000 employees. The chain of more than 240 Christian-themed merchandise stores operating in 36 states bills itself as the world's largest retailer of Bible-related books and music.

The company was founded in 1931 as Zondervan Corp. in West Michigan and grew to become the nation's largest Christian publishing house. Harper Collins acquired the company and renamed Zondervan's bookstores to Family Christian stores in 1997.

Read More at
http://www.christianpost.com/news/family-christian-stores-shuts-down-175907/

FriscoGirl

It's the Amazon Prime Effect!!

It's a juggernaut and not too many traditional retailers have been able to survive.

I respect their unfortunate decision and hopefully they're able to walk-away with some of family fortune to pass on.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Prayers for the 3,000 employees affected by this demise... and for Christian stores/ establishments across this great nation.

I'm more a Lifeway shopper -but, please keep that chain in prayer as well.
I'm joining you in prayer for all of them as well. ❤❤❤ This is not the end, but it shall be a new beginning for all of them, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen ❤

prettywhitty

It's the Amazon Prime Effect!!

It's a juggernaut and not too many traditional retailers have been able to survive.

I respect their unfortunate decision and hopefully they're able to walk-away with some of family fortune to pass on.
This is all too true concerning Amazon. So many stores I grew up with are dwindling or are completely shut down. I do pray that everyone losing a position is able to successfully transition into another one.

alexstin

Oh no, I'm going to have to call them to see when they're closing, was planning to go over there this week.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you all for keeping those folks in prayer.... Trump is trying to put more government workers on the streets with his budget cuts. Joblessness is no joke.. Amazon has a Bible Store but nothing really beats brick and mortar.