Fasting Testimony!

GraceV2

Good morning Ladies! Just wanted to write a quick update/testimony following up on my previous thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=404000 about the power of fasting and/or spending intimate, one-on-one time with the Lord. I haven't been on LHCF in a little bit more than a month b/c I had decided to fast again.

Things were a little shaky in my life when I started the fast (on November 8th to be exact) b/c I resigned from my job in October (due to stress) and my money was running out fast. So as you can guess my main expectation from this fast was a J-O-B! I was offered an interview during the fast with a job that paid much less than my minimum salary expectation. When I was told where the job was located (30 miles from my home), the Lord clearly told me, if you have faith and JUST WAIT, I will give you something much better, JUST WAIT. So that's exactly what I did...I did not attend the interview and I fasted and waited...fasted and waited....fasted and waited.

Mind you, during this time, HALF of what was being contributed to the rent money every month was no longer available (not b/c of my unemployment but other drama which the Lord was so GREAT to resolve as well), so eviction felt like it was around the corner. But by the grace of God, rent is now UP TO DATE & taken care of until February!

In regards to the job, I was still fasting and waiting...fasting and waiting... fasting and waiting. Fast forward to this morning, when I receive a job offer (which I accepted of course!) for a job that pays much much much (did I stress much enough? :grin:) better than the job the Lord told me to forget about AND is ten miles closer AND has the same exact great career opportunities as the company I resigned from. Hallelujah, thank you Lord!!! I thought this was going to be a quick post, but I just had to give a complete testimony!

I'm telling you ladies, the importance of spending time with the Lord without any distractions so you can hear Him when He's telling you something is serious! I realize that the Lord is blessing me like this because he wants my testimonies to move people to make a change! If you're in dire need of a blessing & have not spent any time with the Lord, fasting will indeed clear your life of anything keeping you from getting your blessing. Sometimes, the Lord is trying to whisper a life-changing word in your ear, but if you have distractions floating around in your mind, you won't even hear it.

And for the ladies who are currently in prayer and/or fasting and waiting for their blessing,
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

The faithful Lord renewed my strength & mounted up my wings. TRUST he will do the same for you.

I'm so sorry for the long novel! Have a great day everyone & be blessed!

LifeafterLHCF

This wasn't long esp when its about Jesus..Im so amazed at your blessing.I'm a little nervous about the fasting thing but I will start blocking out time for God more esp since I just got laid off and Im at my wits end with my career search..

Crown

I'm telling you ladies, the importance of spending time with the Lord without any distractions so you can hear Him when He's telling you something is serious! I realize that the Lord is blessing me like this because he wants my testimonies to move people to make a change! If you're in dire need of a blessing & have not spent any time with the Lord, fasting will indeed clear your life of anything keeping you from getting your blessing. Sometimes, the Lord is trying to whisper a life-changing word in your ear, but if you have distractions floating around in your mind, you won't even hear it.

This fast was about food, or still about medias, or more time with God?
Your testimonies are very encouraging!
Thank you!

GraceV2

This wasn't long esp when its about Jesus..Im so amazed at your blessing.I'm a little nervous about the fasting thing but I will start blocking out time for God more esp since I just got laid off and Im at my wits end with my career search..

I am sooo amazed as well! Who am I that God is mindful of me and cares for me?? But he does and is ALWAYS on time. I was just telling my mother that I realized when a woman seeks the Lord and has faith, she is the true definition of a "kept woman". I was a little nervous before fasting too, but as you get deeper into your fast, those feelings will go away. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 He'll get you through it sis!

GraceV2

This fast was about food, or still about medias, or more time with God?
Your testimonies are very encouraging!
Thank you!

You're welcome!! This fast was still from the media and about spending more time with God by reading my Bible and praying.

HeChangedMyName

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:41

Your testimony did my heart very good. I was all like Elizabeth and something inside me leaped. Thanks for your obedience in sharing your testimony.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the testimony you will bear :)

Crown

You're welcome!! This fast was still from the media and about spending more time with God by reading my Bible and praying.

I don't want to bother you. These questions are important for me.
Did you choose the media because it's your struggle or because of the general representation of the media?

GraceV2

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:41

Your testimony did my heart very good. I was all like Elizabeth and something inside me leaped. Thanks for your obedience in sharing your testimony.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the testimony you will bear :)

Your post did my heart very good as well. Thank you so much for your words sis :)

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

GraceV2

I don't want to bother you. These questions are important for me.
Did you choose the media because it's your struggle or because of the general representation of the media?

I think I found the answer. Never mind.

Oh no, it's not a bother at all...I am more than happy to share my testimony! Just in case I'll still answer though. I chose the media mainly because it is my struggle but a small part of it is the general representation. I struggled with it in the sense that I turned to it for comfort & answers about anything in life, when the Lord is more than able and more than willing to provide those who seek him with these things.

If I was lonely, I turned to media. If I needed relationship/friendship advice, I turned to media. If I was sad & needed a distraction, I turned to media. All the time, I should have been turning to the Lord.

In regards to the general representation, it can kind of be a downer what's out there in the media these days. Let's take what's been all over media this month. How can one be an effective witness while listening to, reading, & reflecting on everybody's judgments & condemning of Tiger Woods? If a person didn't hear about the story, they wouldn't even be thinking about the man & his life long enough to sin by judging his actions. (Maybe that was a bad example b/c the story is so big that I managed to hear about it anyways, but I hope you see my point). So general representation is a part of it too.