Favorite Flat Iron

ashbash

I’m thinking of purchasing a new flat iron
Which one is your favorite?
If you were gonna buy a new flat iron which one would you buy?

And since we are talking about heat styling.... what’s your favorite heat protectant?

PlanetCybertron

That babyliss pro Titanium flatiron had me drooling when I first saw a demo of it. I still have this piece of crap generic flatiron that is losing its heat on one part of the plate. Granted I’ve had it since the fourth grade so there’s that.

It’s a bit expensive though. But that Titanium has be extremely curious. There’s a concensus on hair type as to which flat iron to get.

Thick/coarse hair=titanium
Fine/ thin hair= ceramic

I take that with a grain of salt since I have fine hair but it’s by no means thin but rather thick. The flatiron I currently have is ceramic. I like it, does it’s job, but I really wanna try that BabyLiss. I don’t flat iron on high heat, so I don’t care about titanium heating up quicker. I’m still gonna keep the heat at sub 180 degrees.

As far as heat protectants go I’ve always stuck with Garnier Moroccan Argan Oil, or Chi for when I’m feeling extra fancy. I don’t really like spray heat protectants, since most of what I can afford has some form of alcohol in it, and not the fatty alcohols that do a decent job at coating or emulsifying.

VinDieselsWifey

I've been looking for new flat irons too but haven't found anything yet. I still use my Hana Elite & Hana Titanium flat irons. I was thinking about the FHI Runway, but even with my professional discount, that flat iron is over $300 and it's changed from the original version. I keep reading mixed reviews on GHD flat irons. I hear good things about Croc.

My favorite heat protectants are Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal protectant, Kenra Platinum Blow dry spray, & Chi Silk Infusion (original formula).

gemruby41

EAP heat hands down, I have bought every brand under the sun including Babyliss but EAP takes the cake and their discount codes are life.

Update: Their Black Friday 55% off code still works ladies, RUN DON'T WALK.

FRIDAY55
which one do you have?

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I've been looking for new flat irons too but haven't found anything yet. I still use my Hana Elite & Hana Titanium flat irons. I was thinking about the FHI Runway, but even with my professional discount, that flat iron is over $300 and it's changed from the original version. I keep reading mixed reviews on GHD flat irons. I hear good things about Croc.

My favorite heat protectants are Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal protectant, Kenra Platinum Blow dry spray, & Chi Silk Infusion (original formula).
My Hana flat iron broke down and I got the FHI Runway, I love it!!!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
My favorite is still the old red Conair Infiniti pro ceramic. I bought a new fancy flat iron (can’t remember the brand) and it doesn’t work half as well.

MzSwift

I absolutely love my Remington ceramic flat iron. I got it first in 2.5 inches and then in 1 inch. It straightened my 4a/b natural hair well and also my texlaxed hair.