FEAR

blazingthru

So, I had a lot of things hit me at once it was so bad that I had to sit back and laugh at my miserable situation, because really it was way to much to happen all at the same time, I had no time to be angry. A friend of mines told me not to laugh that there is a lesson for me here and I need to sit down and study out fear. So I figured this lesson that has helped me so much might help someone else. May God bless everyone that reads.

Fear Not

There is no need for Christians to fear anything. Satan was defeated at the cross of Christ, and Christ’s victory is ours.

Fear is the opposite of faith. Therefore, fearfulness is the same as faithlessness. God warns us of the serious consequences of being fearful in the last days:

“He who overcomes shall inherit all things and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murders, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Rev 21: 7, 8)

Jesus indicated that little real faith will exist on earth when He returns: “Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he really find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). This will be true even among many professed Christians. In the last days most Christian’s will have a “form of godliness, but denying its power” (2Tim 3:15). It is essential that those living when Jesus comes are men and woman of faith who l have learned the lessons of waiting on God in trusting, hopeful faith. They have learned that they need not fear anything because they serve a sovereign God who rules in heaven and earth.

How many times have you heard Christian say, I’m worried about my job, my finances, my future, what’s going to happen to me, my retirement, my children, the next hurricane, my health… Only those with a strong faith will be ready for Christ’s return.

In order to strengthen our faith, Jesus allows us to go through difficult situations now. WE must learn to trust Him and His Word. Faith does not believe God can do what He says. Faith believes God will do what He says. In fact, fear is faith in the devil, believing he will do what he says he will do and God can’t stop him. Fear gives Satan right of passage in our life in the areas we fear.

Job made a significant statement when he said, “ For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me” (Job 3:25).

This test clearly reveals that Satan has the right to attack us in the areas we fear. Why? Because we are putting our trust in Satan rather than in God in those areas of our life. Faith, on the other hand, gives God right of passage into our life in the areas we are placing our faith in Him.

We need not fear because Jesus has all power in the heaven and earth: Then Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth’” (Matt 28:18)

All things are under His authority: “ the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His might power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave him to be head over all things to the church” (Eph. 1:18-22)

As believers in Jesus Christ we have all authority and power in His name: “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you “ (Luke10:19)

Knowing these truths about our position with Christ we should not fear anything man, nature, sickness or disease, financial crisis, or Satan in any form. “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Rom. 8:37). We have God’s promises and we have Christ who is exalted in sovereign authority above all things in heaven and earth –over Satan, man, and nature. Jesus is sovereign over all situations and circumstances. Therefore, the believer in Jesus Christ should never be fearful. Instead of fear, we must learn to wait in trusting, hopeful faith for God’s deliverance no matter what we are facing. That is the attitude all must have who will be ready to meet Jesus when He comes.

Here are some personal Reflections and Discussion

How serious of a matter is fear in the Christian life?
What is Fear’s relationship to Faith?
When we Fear, who are we putting out faith in? Do you struggle with Fear?
When we fear, what right of passage does our fear give Satan?
Why should the Christian not fear anything.

Pray
For God to forgive you for fearing and doubting His promise
For God to give you the faith to believe what He says
For the individuals on your prayer list.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Darling Blaz...

This is a seriously 'GOOD WORD'.

Thank you so much for being so open and so sharing.

You've made my day.

:blowkiss:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Thanks Blazing, great thread.

I just wanted to add there is nothing wrong with laughing at your situation, some times that is what we need a good laugh, it doesn't mean that we are not taking our situation seriously but we know that God is still in control and we can smile during our storms. This laughter (Joy) comes from trusting and resting in him to bring us through every situation that we couldn't do in our own strength. I'm sure you confused the enemy with your laughter.

Last edited:

Divine.

Thank you for this! I like to think I have faith, but it's being tested by me gradually losing the things I have held onto. Losing my job terrifies me and it's finally happening. I can't let fear overcome me. I have to believe that my God will turn this situation around. I have to remember what God promised me. I truly love my Father and I know he only wants me to have the best.