~~*February 2008-What Did You Buy This Week?*~~

precious2Him

6 - 0.5 oz bottles of Chi Slik Infusion; can't wait to try it
Double Prong Slide-In Clips for my rollersets; those regular double prong clips were making it so hard to roller set my hair.

jasmin

I was bad...

Sunsilk Hydra TLC creme
Sunsilk Straighten Up creme
Nexxus Aloe Rid shampoo
Nexxus Ensure Acidifying conditioner and detangler
Salerm 21 B5 leave in
ORS lye relaxer normal
ORS neutralizing shampoo
ORS hair fertilizer (a little breakage)

OrangeMoon

2 jars Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Mask Deep Conditioning
2 bottle of Motions Moisture Conditioner
1 bottle of Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo

HoneyDew

Activate shampoo, conditioner and leave-in from Big Lots. Unless my eyes were deceiving me, the shampoo is sulfate free and the conditioner is cone-free. I used sulphates and cones within reason, but my hair does benefit some not using them at times.

Edited to add:

here are the ingredients:

Conditioner:
Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isopropyl Myristate, Decyl Oleate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coccoloba Uvifera Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Nymphaea Alba Root Extract, Fragance, Dicaprylate Dicaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

Shampoo:
Water, Apricotamidopropyl Betaine, Cocoamidapropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coccoloba Uvifera Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Nymphaea Alba Root Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Phosphoric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben.

They like parabans. :perplexed

Last edited:

KaramelDiva1978

Another soft bonnet hair dryer, Gold 'n Hot this time, Silk Elements Leave in Conditioner, more Parachute Coconut Oil and Castor Oil.

I love Castor Oil, I can't believe I've been sleeping on this stuff!!! :lachen:

Brownie518

Went to WalMart this morning after work so I got:

Big Bonus size of HE LTR conditioner - love this stuff!! :grin:
Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo :yep:

American Gangster 2-DVD set
Michael Clayton

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
From Sally's, I purchased:
Fermodyl vials (BOGO, yay!!!)
Spray bottles for homemade leave-in spray and rollersetting
WGO for mommy

I was going to purchase the infamous HE LTR I've been hearing so much about. Luckily, they didn't have it at the Wallyworld I went to, so I was glad (I'm trying not to buy anymore conditioners or poos until I use up what I have). I did find it in CVS, and was almost tempted to buy it there, but I held off. I'm still contemplating on getting it though:wallbash:

MonaLisa

Went to WalMart this morning after work so I got:

Big Bonus size of HE LTR conditioner - love this stuff!! :grin:
Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo :yep:

American Gangster 2-DVD set
Michael Clayton

I have no idea why I just bust out laughing at cuz's inclusion of the purchase of American Gangster and Michael Clayton... :lol:

Okay, I haven't been in here for a minute so I have to play catch up from Friday...

*just wanted to say I picked up my gallon of AVEDA Brilliant from the post office and cradled the jug close to my bosom for five minutes :love2:...*

Okay..back to purchases -

7 bottles of HE LTR conditioner
2 bottles of HE Dangerously Straight
Sabastian Laminates Masque
Peppermint Oil
Lavendar Oil
AVEDA Hang Straight
2 Chi Nail Polishes (all these nail pics in siggys were getting to me)
Silk Isaac Mizrahi scarf for my hair
Matrix Biolage Cera Repair (can't stand my hair cousins sometimes...)

just a few more items and I'm so done :look:...

Brownie518

I have no idea why I just bust out laughing at cuz's inclusion of the purchase of American Gangster and Michael Clayton... :lol:

Okay, I haven't been in here for a minute so I have to play catch up from Friday...

*just wanted to say I picked up my gallon of AVEDA Brilliant from the post office and cradled the jug close to my bosom for five minutes :love2:...*

Okay..back to purchases -

7 bottles of HE LTR conditioner
2 bottles of HE Dangerously Straight
Sabastian Laminates Masque
Peppermint Oil
Lavendar Oil
AVEDA Hang Straight
2 Chi Nail Polishes (all these nail pics in siggys were getting to me)
Silk Isaac Mizrahi scarf for my hair
Matrix Biolage Cera Repair (can't stand my hair cousins sometimes...)

just a few more items and I'm so done :look:...

Let me know what you think of the Cera Repair and how you use it :yep:. I'm about to order the Hydratherapie, I think.

:grin: I can't wait to watch those movies tonight. I have a wicked sore throat all of a sudden so I know I'll be up all night :sad:.

MonaLisa

Let me know what you think of the Cera Repair and how you use it :yep:. I'm about to order the Hydratherapie, I think.

:grin: I can't wait to watch those movies tonight. I have a wicked sore throat all of a sudden so I know I'll be up all night :sad:.

Will do :grin:...may try after final rinsing out of conditioner...

*off topic: wondering why cuz has a wicked sore throat..*flashback of her Valentine's day shenanigans...:rolleyes:*

Dayjoy

Old School Member
HE LTR con
HE LTR L/I
ORS replenishing con (in the bottle)
ORS Creamy Aloe poo
Big plastic hair clips
Gold con caps (2)
Stay on Satin cap for DD

chebaby

i just recieved my JBCO:grin:. i will use this to seal my mizani h2o nightime treatment three times a week.
and i will also use it on my temple because i wrap my hair to the right so my left temple is getting very light and see through:perplexed.
from FNWL i ordered the shea, aloe, shealoe, mangoe,hemp seed, and cocoa butter. i tried to mix the shea, mango and cocoa butter with the JBCO and a little coconut oil but it came out hard:wallbash:.
so now i'm using the shealoe in the mornings and sealing with carol's daughter lisa's hair elixir

has anyone tried the shea and mango mix from oils by nature? how was it? was it a soft mixture?

Brownie518

Will do :grin:...may try after final rinsing out of conditioner...

*off topic: wondering why cuz has a wicked sore throat..*flashback of her Valentine's day shenanigans...:rolleyes:*

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Oh, snap! I swear, I knew someone (you or gym) would bring that up as I was typing 'sore throat'!!!!! Yeah, doesn't he just wish!!!:lachen::lachen:
:look:...:lick:...:mmmchocolate:

tapioca_pudding

-Silk Elements Relaxer
-ORS Mayo (replacement)
-Sample sized Aphogee 2 min reconstructor
-Sample sized Porosity control
-Proclaim foam wrap w/ olive oil

malibu4590

I just bought a 4-pack of Dove Moisture Mist Leave-In Conditioner for $14.98 and free shipping. So what's that, like $3.75 a bottle when it retails for $5.64 at Target. Yeah, I was forced to buy 2 bundles instead of one :look:

HoneyDew

I went back to biglots today :sekret:

I wish someone had been there to stop me.

I bought up ALL of the Activate Hair Repair. :perplexed

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I couldn't help myself. I went to Walgreens today to get a tube of Milani's Serendipity lipgloss and I talked myself into buying HE's LTR conditioner:wallbash: And I had promised myself over and over again I wouldn't buy anymore conditioners anytime soon. Oh well:rolleyes:

I also purchased some more Fermodyl packs (BOGO of course)
MMP condish in the tub
Sunsilk's Hydra TLC leave-in (on clearance at my local grocery store)

Namilani

Dern whoever started that thread about the Penny's sale!!! Firstly, as much as I love to eat, I used my LUNCH BREAK to head there. Okay, I head straight over to Mizani and KeraCare... Um, it was not on sale! So I'm a little bummed, but glad I didn't have the chance to wild out. So, I was supposed to just head back to work and eat, no? I decided to still see what was on sale and what they had... I tried to leave. I really did. But, for once, I was actually greeted by a stylist in Penny's and she KNEW ABOUT HAIR HEALTH AND DID PRICE COMPARISONS for me! Dern-it! My junkie ways hit me and I left with the Biosilk giftset, Redken All Soft giftset, two Redken Anti-Snaps (buy one, get one for $1), and a bottle of $2.99 OPI polish :look:. For the first time in a while, I can wait to wash my hair :woot:! If it doesn't work it can always be sold, given away, or recycled :yep:!

HoneyDew

Okay I am on a roll this week. :perplexed

I just ordered 3 Paul Mitchell #413 Sculpting Brushes (yep I use a brush :rolleyes:) from Ebay.

I got one of these a while back from Beauty First on clearance and love it. But, I need one for my desk and one at the BF's place.

This brush does not snag or pull my hair like a comb tends to do at times.

nappity

Kinky Curly's Knot Today detangler and Leave in

Tomorrow Im going to the Aveda Store and buying Damage Remedy just in case (No thats a lie- Im a PJ!!!:drunk:)

Namilani

Aight, I won't be back in Feb!!!

Proclaim Aloe & Shea Conditioner
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil
Motions Nourish Leave-in
Proclaim Spray-on Glosser
Sprush for relaxers
Dye brush
Waterworks black dye
Redken Butter Treat
Redken Rescue Force

Once I stock up on KeraCare Oil, Oil Sheen, and liter bottles of Redken All Soft I am done. Well, after I get three Mizani H20 creams from Penny's buy 2 get 1 free next week. I also may need some more serum. Whether it's Mizani or Biosilk depends on my wash after next...

shelly25

Last night I bought:
HE Hello Hydration conditioner
HE LTR leave in (and it came with a mini size bottle of it too)
Sunsilk Hydra TLC

and there was another Sunsilk moisturizer on sale too, it was in spanish so I can't remember the name of it but I think it said it was for breakage, but I didn't get it. I wanted to see if the Sunsilk Hydra I bought was gonna work first before I got that...