February 2013..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateTink

LCL Steamer :yay:

HairVeda
1 - Cocasta Shikakai Oil
1 - Avosoya Oil
2 - Sitrinillah DC
1 - Asha oil

Curl Mart
3 - Curl Junkie Rehab
2 - Oyin Honey Dew
2 - Darcy's Avocado & Honey Twisting Cream

Also got some wigs and Vitimins.....

Coffee

From Etsy:

Natural Hair Care. Perfect for Curls.Coils.Kinks. Organic. Aloe. Coconut. Avocado.

kbnax

Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil found this @ TJMaxx for $10. It has great reviews so I'm hoping it works out...although I didn't really need it, lol

Lita

Claudies 20% off must spend $15 Feb 13-14th code-Love

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

SheScentIt Coco Creme Leave In from a swap board to try for rollersets. I was browsing though Supergirl 's blog and she used it to rollerset and had good results. I decided to swoop it up and try it. If I like it I'll just grab a bottle during her easter sale.

southerncitygirl

i think walgreens is bogo as well till the end of the month...i looked on their site a few days go. i also think if you order $25-30 or more shipping is free:yep: you also could do ebates.com or mrrebates.com and get cashback on your purchase.:yep:

New Shea Moisture Products:

-Co-wash Conditioning Cleanser
-Extra-Moisture Detangler

-$11.99 at Target, Buy One Get one 50% off until 2/23

FYI: I got these products over the weekend at a Target that was NOT on the list of Targets that was supposed to have these products. I found them in the bulk/overstock/holiday/seasonal section wayyyyy in the back of the store. So just because your Target was not on the list, doesn't mean that they don't have them. My target had all 6 of the new adult products but did not have the kids line. Remember to check in the back of the store! :grin:

Babygrowth

SheScentIt Coco Creme Leave In from a swap board to try for rollersets. I was browsing though Supergirl 's blog and she used it to rollerset and had good results. I decided to swoop it up and try it. If I like it I'll just grab a bottle during her easter sale.

Hey EnExitStageLeft! Ms. DominicanBrazilian82 also uses it for her rollersets and they also look :lick: I think you'll love it. :look: I'm saving my cococreme for that purpose too! Lol!

Aggie

Bought 1 jar of Fantasia IC Gel this morning. I love this gel - it's a staple and I go through about 2 jars of it a month. I really wish I liked the ECO gel as much because it cost less than the Fantasia IC gel but the ECO gel left my hair stiff and flaky:nono:.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I wanted to purchase unscented items for my hair that don't contain cetearyl alcohol (my hair HATES this ingredient), BTMS, silicones and parabens so I went to texasnaturalsupply and purchased the following products:

Creme / Lotion Base Concentrate: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Shea, Natural Cetyl Alcohol, Palm Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate. No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's. Ph is 4.9

Creme Conditioner Base: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Shea, Natural Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, dl-Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's. PH is 4.7

Hair Styling Gel Base: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Water, DL Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Xanthan Gum, Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's. Ph is 4.6

Natural No Petroleum Gellie: Botanical/INCI/Ingredients: Castor Oil, Castor Wax. No synthetics or colorants added. No GMO's. "This is an all natural, unique and proprietary formulation available only from TNS. All Natural No Petroleum Gellie is free from petrochemicals and hydrocarbons. It contains only all natural Castor and is the perfect alternative to Petroleum Jelly. We have formulated this product to be slightly thicker than a petroleum base so that you can add from 1-5% additional oils to make this product uniquely yours." This can be used as a base for lip balms, lip gloss, pomades, creams, salves and lotions. I plan to add Wheat Germ Oil or Hemp Oil for ceramides, EVCO and EVOO.

Shea Aloe - Whipped (Emulsion):Botanical/Ingredients List in Alpha Order: Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Shea Butter (unrefined), Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Water This a full disclosure list and there are no other ingredients in this Shea Aloe - Whipped Emulsion. No synthetics or
colorants added. GMO Free. Below is my report of the Shea Aloe that I posted in "Hit or Miss!"

HUGE, HUGE Hit (at least for my hand eczema anyway!): Texas Natural Supply Whipped Shea-Aloe Emulsion.

I don't know what holy elixir is REALLY in this product but it cleared up my raging, galloping hand eczema---what for it!---after ONE friggin' application!

Itching like I got the Monkey Pox? Stopped.
Discoloration? Fading.
Bleeding, painful cracks? Gone. They literally healed up like Wolverine.

I don't know what's in this stuff (ok, yes I do and I'll post the ingredients) but all I know is even if this product doesn't work for my hair, I now and forever use this for my hands, DS skin, give some away as gifts to family, friends, strangers: WHATEVER!

It be's the TRUTH!

Ingredients:
Botanical/Ingredients List in Alpha Order: Aloe Vera Whole Leaf Juice, Citric Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Palm Stearic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Shea Butter (unrefined), Silver Dihydrogen Citrate, Water This a full disclosure list and there are no other ingredients in this Shea Aloe - Whipped Emulsion. No synthetics or colorants added. GMO Free.
FCC - Food Grade
Manufactured By: This product was formulated and is manufactured at our facility.
It is made as needed to provide the freshest product possible.
Origin: USA
Form: Thick fluffy butter
Appearance/Color: Creamy to white butter like product
Odor/Note: Characteristically of shea
Solubility in Water: Yes
Melting Point:
Specific Gravity:
pH:
Shelf Life: 2 + years
Storage: Ambient temperature. Do not store in direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate.

I'll give my report on these products in "February Hit or Misses..."

Last edited:

Keshieshimmer

Silk Dreams

Mocha Silk Hair Milk
Go Moist Shampoo
Creme de la Silk

I had questioned the shampoo because it was changed the last time that I bought it. And recently this new (thinner to me) works very well for me. I didn't want to run out of it. The other two are new items to me, can't wait to try them.

ThickRoot

Silk Dreams:

Whip My Hair
Pre
Vanilla Silk Dreams (16 oz)
Mocha Silk Infusion (8 oz)
Chocolate Bliss Condish (8 oz)

lamaria211

Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk x2
Shecentit Coco Cream leave in
Shecentit Fortifying hair masque
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla leave in
Darcy's Botanicals Lemon grass transitioning cream
Darcy's Botanicals Daily leave in

LaToya28

SD Go Moist shampoo, Soothing Conditioner, Shea What, Wheat Germ butter conditioner
S-curl (new formula)

TeeBee

Treated myself to some B.A.S.K.!!
I bought.
[*] the NEW Vanilla Whiskey Repairative Hair Soak
[*]Cupuacu Coco-Nilla Bean Body Oil Drizzle
[*] Plaintain Spice Warming Body Butter
[*] Muscavado Vanilla and Pecan Sugar Sorbet [*]Silk and Honey Latte in Nectarine Vanilla
I'm so excited!!
Haven't ordered from B.A.S.K. in a minute. Happy Valentine's Day indeed, lol

soonergirl

Silk dreams vanilla silk x 2

Silk Dreams Avocado condish x 2

Joico Moisture Recovery Balm

Aphogee 2 step big bottle

Organix Argan oil x 2

Organix Awapuhi condish

Bajanmum

I nearly got to half the month without ordering..."Must do better!"

Lol, I'm aiming for a whole month no buy. Le sigh, maybe nxt month.

Anyhoo...

1x Komaza Olive Moisture mask
2x Haiveda Green tea butter cream
1x Hairveda Hydra Silica Tea Mist

EnExitStageLeft

Soft Sheen Carson Breakthru Fortifying Moisturizing Shampoo x2 (Local BSS)

I wanted the Roux Alpha 5 in 1 Corrective Shampoo, but can't find it anywhere. Not even online :cry3:. If anyone has a bottle they're willing to part with, a sista' is paypal ready :yep:.

I've been on a oldie but goodie kick when its comes to product shopping lately. These two shampoos got rave reviews on this board back in the day and I wanted to give em' a try because of the carboxylic acid and ceramide content.

I also found a old bottle of Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair. I wanted to snatch it up, but passed. I'm going back tomorrow though. I needs to see what the original formula talkin' bout because the new formula is awesome :lick:.

Last edited:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
IDareT'sHair wow...you actually caved and decided to try. I know you were meh about b.a.s.k for a while. I bought their YAM nectar thingy since BF, and have not tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.