February 2016: Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Once a Huge HIT but turning into a Big MISS:
Kj Naturals Tingle Oil (the last couple bottles haven't had that amazing "Tingle" factor.:eek:

In fact, I convo'ed her about one of my last orders.

And I ended up buying my own Peppermint EO and Tea Tree EO and I should never have to do that.:eek:

Also, I asked about combined shipping and she agreed to it, but later convo'ed me to tell me she would be shipping my x2 items separately.:look: Which was a huge turn-off (for me)

So, I will put her out on the curb for a while.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hit: Moore Haircare fulfillment/shipping. I ordered this stuff last weekend, and I was scared I'd never receive. Couldn't find a review, but plenty of people complaining about not receving their pre-order. Apparently, the fulfillment issue has been addressed.

Smell Hit: The Moore Haircare products smell just like Bee Mine Coconut Cream.

Room For Improvement: Moore Haircare needs to elevate their shipping game, by including a tracking # with their shipping notification.

Miss: I didn't order all of the products. Now, I want the serum and condish.

Miss: EboniCurls, taking every single one of her 30 business days to send my order. I ordered on Dec 26th. It's Black History Month (BHM). This is getting ridiculous! Now, I remember why I don't order from her or Caheez anymore.
Due to New Years and MLK Day, 30 business days will not be till next week. :rolleyes:

How the hayle does a vendor, that has a black eye all across the land beat you at fulfillment? :confused:

Last edited:

LexiDior

Miss- Dove Quench Absolute Restoration Mask. Burned my scalp so bad after only a few minutes. I washed it out but it still tingled for a while. I dont know if that is because I use Njoy's Growth Oil (has sulfur in it) in my hair or not. Even if the sulfur was the problem, my hair had been washed and conditioned already. I cant find any one else online who this has happened to. Im taking this stuff back to Walgreens tomorrow.

Smiley79

Miss:

Honestly I do not know why I continue to give this line a chance each time I see a new product from them. Aside from their Purfication masque, their products do nothing for my hair. No slip, no moisture, nothing. I was really disappointed with this one. I will use it up as a pre-poo or mid week cowash product. If I change my mind about it, I will update my post.

naturalyogini

Miss:
Inahsi Naturals Curl Defining custard
Oh I wanted to love this. I tried it with the hair whip underneath. No go. Dry frizzy hair. I tried over the leave-in. No go. Hard, dry frizzy hair. She suggests using it over a light oil, but oil doesn't work on wet hair for me. Soooo, glad I only got a 2 oz sample. Putting it on the back shelf for now. I had the same problem with Cush Cosmetics styling custard. That too, was a no go. So far, the only gel that somewhat works for me is the Botanical Spirits gel. Guess I'll stick with what I know.

Aggie

Miss:

Honestly I do not know why I continue to give this line a chance each time I see a new product from them. Aside from their Purfication masque, their products do nothing for my hair. No slip, no moisture, nothing. I was really disappointed with this one. I will use it up as a pre-poo or mid week cowash product. If I change my mind about it, I will update my post.
That's amazing how different everyone's hair is, because my hair loves this mask a lot @Smiley79 :yep:

all_1_length

Total :censored: Miss
Shea Moisture Purification Mask (original formula)
I thought I would use this to help me with my scalp psoriasis since it had such rave reviews on here. To make a long story short my scalp was :couchfire: for about a week until I clarified my hair. My scalp psoriasis problem persisted though.:swearing:

Unexpected Hit
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave In Conditioner
I luh this stuff.:infatuated: Since I went to the doctor about my psoriasis she prescribed a topical steroid solution that has to be applied and then washed out the next morning everyday for about 2 weeks. I was like I have to was my hair everyday? I was like whyyyyyyyyyy? :cry: So the medicine is helping but my poor poor hair. By day 3 the breakage was apparent. :cry4:It was so dry moisturizing couldn't help it. So I decided to deep condition with Silk Elements Olive Oil Treatment and use the Aphogee Leave In. I remembered that the Aphogee Leave In had some protein in it and I thought that it would help my moisture protein balance since it was apparently shot to ****. After using it for two days my hair felt better than normal. My hair was moisturized and the ends didn't tangle so even though they were split. By the third day (day 7 of straight washing my hair with no breaks) I have moisturized and manageable hair. I'm gonna stick with Aphogee until the end.:love3:

Aggie

Total :censored: Miss
Shea Moisture Purification Mask (original formula)
I thought I would use this to help me with my scalp psoriasis since it had such rave reviews on here. To make a long story short my scalp was :couchfire: for about a week until I clarified my hair. My scalp psoriasis problem persisted though.:swearing:

Unexpected Hit
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave In Conditioner
I luh this stuff.:infatuated: Since I went to the doctor about my psoriasis she prescribed a topical steroid solution that has to be applied and then washed out the next morning everyday for about 2 weeks. I was like I have to was my hair everyday? I was like whyyyyyyyyyy? :cry: So the medicine is helping but my poor poor hair. By day 3 the breakage was apparent. :cry4:It was so dry moisturizing couldn't help it. So I decided to deep condition with Silk Elements Olive Oil Treatment and use the Aphogee Leave In. I remembered that the Aphogee Leave In had some protein in it and I thought that it would help my moisture protein balance since it was apparently shot to ****. After using it for two days my hair felt better than normal. My hair was moisturized and the ends didn't tangle so even though they were split. By the third day (day 7 of straight washing my hair with no breaks) I have moisturized and manageable hair. I'm gonna stick with Aphogee until the end.:love3:
Maybe you should give tamanu oil, or hempseed oil, or even andiroba oil a try for your psoriasis problem. They just might help. The first and last ones are a little on the expensive side though.

Aggie

HIT:

Combining my Keracare Jojoba Moisturizer with sunflower oil and KCCC Knot Today Moisturizer and mixing them up real good. It is not runny or too thick. It's just the right texture and lubrication for my hair. Who knew?

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@IDareT'sHair How are you using the Donna Marie Buttercream? Are you using it as a styler or just a moisturiser? Feels like lately stuff with the names "Buttercream" or Soufflé" has been giving my hair whatever little life it didn't have lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Is this a good replacement for Bekura/BASK/Bakugan's YAM Nectar?

@AgeinATL

At first, I thought it would be a perfect dupe for YAM, now I realize they are totally different consistencies. Both IMO are great performers in their own space.

The Sweet Honey Hair Thang (original)is more like a Sugared Body Scrub.

But it still has the goopiness of YAM but a little grainy, YAM is smoother.

I am really enjoying using Sweet Honey Hair Thang this mixed and will definitely pick up more during her next Sale.

I am still holding onto my Jars of YAM.