February 2016: Hits & Misses

maxineshaw

An actin' brand new Hit:

KeraCare Humecto Conditioner

This is one of those products that I've seen people using since I got on this board and I just never tried. I bought a bottle and my hair loves it. This could be my HG moisturizing conditioner.

More and more I find myself going back to the B&M store to buy my hair products.

Beany

New hit: Sarenzo avocado and honey leave in. Works best on dry hair for me. It absorbs really well and makes my hair smooth and soft. I'm mad I gave away a bottle at a product swap party. *sucks teeth*

Continued OG hit: Flexi 8 clips. I have 3, but I think I wanna buy a few more. These things really do hold some hair. Got my failed perm rod set/messy top knot looking alright *browses lilla rose website*

Kindheart

Miss : kercare humecto - left my hair very greasy and yucky. Didn't rinse well at all.

Hit: Lush r&b nice fragrance, moisturising and softening.
Continued hit holograil ; myhoneychild 4 type cream ..*looks up * thank you . Amazing stuff ,softening,defining ,the effect last for days .
Neutral : ogx Coconut water shampoo /Con ..meh neither good or bad ,didn't dry my hair out but didn't make it particularly shiny or soft .

ms.blue

Miss: Hairveda red tea satin conditioner (the moisturizer is great). This conditioner leaves my hair so coated and not soft.

Hit: Hairveda red tea satin conditioner as a shaving cream. :eek: This conditioner left my skin so smooth, soft and moisturized. I would actually buy this conditioner just for shaving purposes :lachen:.

meka72

HIT: Bobeam's fast shipping time and superior customer service. Like folks said upthread, I ordered from Bobeam in the wee hours of Sunday morning and had a shipping notice about 12 hours later.

And then today, I got an email from Laquita via PayPal, which said that she was refunding me nearly 30% of the shipping charge!

L.Brown1114

Hit: GVP conditioning balm as a silicone free DC

Hit: as I am coconut cleansing conditioner. My hair feels clean and not stripped and I get enough slip to detangle as well which saves me a step and money by not having to use conditioner.

Miss: curl junkie curl rehab. Started out good then dried my hair out something AWFUL

Miss: carols daughter black vanilla leave in conditioner. Dried my hair out something awful as well.

Curl junkie and carols daughter have a similar ingredient that's not usually in hair products which is aloe leaf which I assume is the thing that's drying my hair out since there's no protein whatsoever in the curl junkie.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@L.Brown1114, your two hits are two of my Holy Grail products. I love both AIA Cleansing Pudding and GVP Conditioning Balm. I use the GVP to r/o my henna treatments. It gets the residual henna out, before I DC.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Nice! I was thinking about doing henna cassia to dye my hair black from now on. Have you tried it?
I've never tried the cassia or indigo. I think @IDareT'sHair and @DarkJoy use indigo their henndigo treatments. Cassia strengthens the hair, but doesn't leave a color deposit.

I mix Nupur or Jamilah with hibiscus powder and coconut milk. Covers my little wannabe grays nicely. Plus, it replaces chocolate cherry rinses I used to do. Beautiful in the sunlight, :yep:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
So far, my hits for February are:

My Hair Journal app. I use this on my iPad and while there are some issues with the app, I love that I can keep track of my pictures and notes on a daily basis.

JBCO. My hair loves you, not much else to say here.

Carols Daughter Sacred Tiare conditioner. This has turned out to be a great "base" conditioner for me to cocktail into a strong protein. This is a surprise given the general dislike for CD products by many naturals.

Carols Daughter Sacred Tiare sulfate-free shampoo. Again a surprise to me. I can usually do one shampoo with this easily.

Chicoro's Protein Pre-poo. I need to make a few minor adjustments to the mix but it will definitely fit into the general direction I am going in 2016.

naturalyogini

I've never tried the cassia or indigo. I think @IDareT'sHair and @DarkJoy use indigo their henndigo treatments. Cassia strengthens the hair, but doesn't leave a color deposit.

I mix Nupur or Jamilah with hibiscus powder and coconut milk. Covers my little wannabe grays nicely. Plus, it replaces chocolate cherry rinses I used to do. Beautiful in the sunlight, :yep:
Cassia does leave a color deposit. It is yellow. I used to get henna melts from njoi on etsy. She mixed henna with cassia in her melts. The first time I used it my grays were yellow/orange. Red from the henna and yellow from the cassia=orange. Not an attractive look, at all. So I asked her to mix some indigo to make the color brown. Well, it was hit and miss at best. One bar would be too light, the next too dark. I still ended up with orange hair and I gave up on hennas altogether. You will NOT get black hair from using just cassia. I ended up looking like BOBO the clown, LMAO.

cutiepiebabygirl

HITS.... (For reference, I have 4A/3C, high porosity, fine, frizzy hair. My hair likes creamy, non-sticky textures.)

Shea Moisture High Porosity DCupload_2016-2-10_20-1-15.png
Peace Rose Oil Silken Condishupload_2016-2-10_20-0-51.png

Fruit Fusion Weightless Cream Rinse ( Tried the DC a few months ago - loved it also)upload_2016-2-10_20-0-28.png

MISSES....
It's my fault I know to stick with conditioners/Masques when it comes to Shea Moisture.
I got excited I received good results with their other products.

I ONLY tried the Omega 3, 6, 9 Curl definifing Smoothie - MY HAIR WAS HARD AS A ROCK.

I ONLY tried the Omega 3,6,9 Cowash - MY HAIR WAS HARD AS A ROCK.

They didn't have the Omega 3,6,9 DC at my Ulta. They had the Rinse Out, but I passed on it.

upload_2016-2-10_20-2-7.png

Last edited: