February 2017: Hits & Misses

VictoriousBrownFlower

Major hit: Henna!!! I was afraid to use it on my natural hair because of it's loosening effect on some hair but my hair came out amazing.

I did not get the messiness or dryness that others speak of. It was actually a pleasure to work with and my hair after was and still is so amazingly soft and shiny. I used indigo as well which was a bit more of a hastle but not a big deal and I'm in love. This is a for sure keeper in my reggie.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Miss

The feel of my dry hair after mixing. SM Almond and Argan Blowout crème, with Madam CJ Walker Brassica oil into my Shescentit leave in

Hit,

The feel of my hair after adding heat to my dry strands. I guess the products needed heat to react. My hair feels totally different now. Soft supple and pliant. ...well only one side. I got lazy after I did one side.

ms.blue

Miss:
The constant use of shea moisture shampoos without using a clarifying shampoo. The shea butter was coating my hair.

Hit:
Hattaché shipping is on point. My order will be delivered today.

Adding glycerin based products to my hair such as CRN fresh curls and APB simple hair creme. Usually I avoid glycerin based products especially in the summer but now, my hair stay moisturized.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Big Ole Disappointment :nono:
Jakeala's Honey Pre-Shampoo Rx.

The ingredients look yummy, but this product didn't work for me.

Hard to describe, but it's like an oil/paste. It doesn't emulsify. I had to abandon ship and grab some good ole trusty Dabur Vatika Oil to get the sheds out of my hair.

I had to clean-up a mess of dry greasy lil' paste balls that were everywhere. What a mess!

I'm a pre-poo-ologist! I don't know what this is, but it's not a pre-poo!

Attachments

• 20170216_184724.jpg
    20170216_184724.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20170216_192750.jpg
    20170216_192750.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado

Hard to describe, but it's like an oil/paste. It doesn't emulsify. I had to abandon ship and grab some good ole trusty Dabur Vatika Oil to get the sheds out of my hair.

I had to clean-up a mess of dry greasy lil' paste balls that were everywhere. What a mess!

I've never used these products but that looks more like a body scrub to me.

AgeinATL

Yo! That consistency does NOT look like something that would have ANY slip. That is not what I was expecting it to look like. :(

Aggie

HIT:

Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. This is really nice and great for curl definition but I found that I had to use my Rusk Deep Shine Oil on top to keep my hair soft after it dried. It didn't flake at all but it did have a tiny crunch to it when it was dry. I may or may not repurchase. Not sure yet though

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

I don't understand what that is supposed to be.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane

I threw mine out the other day. Couldn't be bothered to even try to make whatever that's supposed be work.

Aggie

Not a Hit nor a Miss:

-Bel Nouvo Creamy Castor Deep Conditioner - This conditioner was just meh to me. I used it to detangle my hair in the shower.

-Also Darcy's Botanicals Moisturizing Deep Conditioner was also not impressive to me, just average. I used some on my hair to DC with today and will be giving the remainder of it away to a friend.