February 2017: Hits & Misses

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I agree with everything in this post. That conditioner sucked worse than the Honey's Pink Sugar DC, and it grew mold after a few months. I don't even bother looking in that vendor's direction any more.

Thats insane and weird. Ive has my pumpkin dc and that other one in a bin in a closet for close to 9months.

I really hope in a bid to have a quick turnaround they arent cutting corner. Sorry to hear that @PJaye

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shawnyblazes
I 'personally' liked that DC'er and thought it worked well for me (under my steamer).:yep:

Did not see or pay any attention to a 9 week shelf-life. :eek:

And I think I just re-upped on a couple jars last Sale? :look:

Since they are in the fridge, I'm fine with keeping them longer, but will be on the look-out for mold or any other foreign substances.

PJaye

Thats insane and weird. Ive has my pumpkin dc and that other one in a bin in a closet for close to 9months.

I really hope in a bid to have a quick turnaround they arent cutting corner. Sorry to hear that @PJaye

Thanks, I appreciate that. However, I took great pleasure in tipping it and its chocolate sister into the trash. I never cared for that vendor because every product I purchased was either weird or sucky, or both. Plus, I always got the impression that she was mixing up products on her kitchen counter next to a meatloaf. I just ignore her sales altogether.

Aggie

Can you reach to the vendor and advise her/them of that? 9 weeks is unheard of and noone should buy/spend money on anything with a 9 week shelflife.

Refund. Do you still have the jar?
I've trashed it already. I just won't consider that one anymore and I'm in no mood to call the vendor. I would have been okay with the 9 weeks if it actually worked on my hair - but it didn't...so no, I'm good without it.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Thanks, I appreciate that. However, I took great pleasure in tipping it and its chocolate sister into the trash. I never cared for that vendor because every product I purchased was either weird or sucky, or both. Plus, I always got the impression that she was mixing up products on her kitchen counter next to a meatloaf. I just ignore her sales altogether.

Lololll. I laughed harder than I should have but, nah she isnt.

Eta still laughing

Aggie

I think thats a misprint but dont quote me. If I was on FB Id reach out. Ill call tomorrow after church and see If I can get her.
Okay I found the jar, it's actually 9 months. So sorry about that. I had to put on better readers. Gee I think I really need glasses now. Whew! Yes it's 9 months on the jar - NOT weeks. It still looks like weeks but I think it's months

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Always a Hit:
Low maintenance regimen
The wig life

Surprisingly a hit:
My no-buy - going strong with no urge to buy.

Hoping it's a new hit:
My new braided pattern - only one braid and thus only one plait with the ends exposed.

Miss:
Not being able to have instant BSL hair. *pouts*

nymane

SUPER-MEGAAA HIT
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo - gentle doesn't begin to describe this shampoo. I didn't think it was possible for a shampoo to make my hair feel so soft after rinsing. The only drawback is the price, but it's still worth it, since it's so concentrated.

IMO this is better than the old formula of CON, Elasta QP creme conditioning poo, and my beloved Breakthru moisturizing poo

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

SUPER-MEGAAA HIT
Pureology Hydrate Shampoo - gentle doesn't begin to describe this shampoo. I didn't think it was possible for a shampoo to make my hair feel so soft after rinsing. The only drawback is the price, but it's still worth it, since it's so concentrated.

IMO this is better than the old formula of CON, Elasta QP creme conditioning poo, and my beloved Breakthru moisturizing poo

Oh my! Really?! How much is it? I might have to check this out!

MsSanz92

Some of this stuff is carried over from January but here I go:

Revisited Hits
Rolland UNA Moisturizing Masque - I've been using this on and off since I was relaxed and it has never failed me. This is one of the few deep conditioners that can penetrate my hair shaft without heat, which says a lot because I have low porosity hair. This is one of my top 3 deep conditioners of all time because of how moisturizing it is. The ingredients aren't the best, but it works wonders.

Toque Magico Coconut Intense Moisture Split Ends Treatment - another oldie but goodie! This also gives tons of moisture to the hair and leaves it ridiculously soft when you rinse it out. The one thing I will caution with this product is that the shelf life isn't long with it because it doesn't have heavy preservatives in it, so definitely use within 6 months of opening.

New Hits
Design Essentials Coconut and Monoi Curl Enhancing Dual Hydration Milk - this stuff leaves my hair super moisturizer and soft! It works very similar to the soufflé I used a couple years ago, but is thinner. The only drawback is that it contains mineral oil (which isn't a deal breaker for me because I do clarify with a sulfate shampoo every 4-6 weeks), and the smell. It has a fake chemical coconut smell, however it doesn't linger especially if you apply other products over it.

ORS Black Olive Oil Repair 7 Oil Elixir - I love this as a sealant! It leaves the hair very soft and shiny, but not too greasy. Plus, it smells amazing! I'm a bit annoyed because I was going to also pick up the shampoo and conditioner from this line, but I put them back to try two products below that did not work for me.

As I Am Leave in Conditioner - this is a great leave in for natural styles. It really softens the hair and preps it for styling. It gives a little moisture, however I don't really need for my leave ins to be super moisturizing. As long as it softens the hair, gives some slip, and plays well with other products, then I'll be happy

On the Fence
The Mane Choice Tropical Moringa Daily Moisturizer & Sealing Cream - this stuff smells amazing and is moisturizing initially, but the moisture is not long lasting, especially with how thick the product is

SHO Refresh and Reactivate Spray - this does work well as a refresher, but I would prefer if it was more moisturizing. I was planning to use this a spray moisturizer for my braids under my wigs, but this seems to really only be good just as the name states: a refresher

Misses
As I am Cleansing Pudding - this gave me NO lather, and seems to be entirely too thick to be a cleanser. Even with sulfate free cleansers, I need some lather in order for my hair to feel clean. I probably should have opted for the Curl Clarity shampoo instead, because from what I read online although the name makes it seem as if it's a clarifying shampoo, it is not very stripping.

Pantene Truly Natural Curl Defining Conditioner - this gave me NO slip, which really disappointed me because I believe this is what replaced a holy grail of mine from this line for detangling: the Deep Conditioner. It does leave the hair soft and gave my curls definition, but especially for a product with cones, and that also claims to help with detangling, this did not cut it.

AgeinATL

Miss:

The Mane Choice cutting shears. The plastic purple coating is coming off and it is getting in the way of the blades. I bought these during the BF sale and have only used them 3 times. The few times that I have used them, they are awesome. Incredibly sharp so you get a very clean cut; however, she really should consider removing the plastic coating. While it looks nice, it really messes with the performance. I don't need my shears purple, I just need them to work.

Anyway, I sent an email to her customer service department. We will see how this turns out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang (original)
Jakeala's Coconut Hair Milk
BeeMine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
Sarenzo's Creamy Oil
Bel Nouvo's Moisture Butter
Marie Dean Yogurt Smoothie
Darcy Botanicals Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Butter
WEN (Oil, Cleanser, Remoist DC'er) Pomegranate
Texture Me Naturals Amla & Avocado Leave-In