February 2017: Hits & Misses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Girl, I was mad at myself all picking out grains in my hair. Just a mess.
@flyygirlll2
Terrible.:angry2:

That happened to me once with her Sweet Honey Hair Thang. :look:

It arrived totally jacked up like a Sugar/Salt Scrub. I convo'ed her and she told me to stick it in the fridge. :eek:

It was a messed up batch because even doing that, it still stayed in that same granulated form. I had to pitch it.:angry2:

And I felt she should have sent me a replacement.:look:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@flyygirlll2

It arrived totally jacked up like a Sugar/Salt Scrub. I convo'ed her and she told me to stick it in the fridge. :eek:

It was a messed up batch because even doing that, it still stayed in that same granulated form. I had to pitch it.:angry2:

I threw out the Sweet Honey Hair Thang yesterday. It's hardened and looks like... wait for it..... a dang body scrub.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@flyygirlll2

She's kinda "cheap" like that. When my package arrived cracked and leaked out, she gave me a "small" refund.

My envelope was sticky (in and out) as well as the entire package. I didn't ask her for anything, but instead asked her how she thought her packaging was acceptable?

And even with a small refund, it doesn't replace the fact that the contents of my items were gone.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
She's kinda "cheap" like that. When my package arrived cracked and leaked out, she gave me a "small" refund.
My envelope was sticky (in and out) as well as the entire package. I didn't ask her for anything, but instead asked her how she thought her packaging was acceptable? And even with a small refund, it doesn't replace the fact that the contents of my items were gone.
@Saludable84
Truthfully, I was a little 'put off' by that. *cough* I think of myself as a 'decent' customer...I think she should have sent me a replacement.:look:

And I think she should have re-shipped your order. And probably refunded it. Whether you asked for it or not.:look:

naturalyogini

My envelope was sticky (in and out) as well as the entire package. I didn't ask her for anything, but instead asked her how she thought her packaging was acceptable?

And even with a small refund, it doesn't replace the fact that the contents of my items were gone.
And non responsive. I had decided not to throw away the moisture punch and threw in the back of my closet. Yesterday I opened to use it on my feet and smelled straight up like fish. And there were little black dots in it. I convo'd her for a refund. "Tweet, tweet" I'm done. In the garbage it goes for real. On my never, ever list.

Update: She offered a refund but wanted me to send product back. I decided it wasn't worth it economically. I just threw it in the trash.

Last edited:

Lissa0821

HIT:
Greasing my scalp lightly with Natures Blessing on wash day while it still damp. Keeps my hair moisturize for days.
Applying the LCO Method on wash day and refresher day then sitting with a heating cap for 30 minutes, it really allows everything to penetrate my hair and keep it moisturized for a few days

HIT PRODUCTS:
Nature's Blessing Hair pomade
Jane Carters Revitalizing Leave in Conditioner
V05 Pomegranate Bliss Shampoo and Conditioner

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS:

1. Adding silk amino acid to my DC. I did a henna treatment followed by a DC and my hair is shiny and has movement 9 weeks post-relaxer. My NG is also more managable now.

2.Figuring out what the heck my hair likes! I've been here for 10 years and I'm finally paying attention and getting it together. I've actually found my staple products though I'll still end up with some new APB items :look:
I might go back to doing this :yep:.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Miss:
The constant use of shea moisture shampoos without using a clarifying shampoo. The shea butter was coating my hair.

Hit:
Hattaché shipping is on point. My order will be delivered today.

Adding glycerin based products to my hair such as CRN fresh curls and APB simple hair creme. Usually I avoid glycerin based products especially in the summer but now, my hair stay moisturized.
This is exactly why I no longer use any Shea Moisture products. They were weighing down my fine hair and my curls.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
@MileHighDiva @flyygirlll2

I agree 100%. I bought this product (Jakeala Honey Prepoo) thinking was going to be a smooth slippery prepoo based on the ingredients. NOT. With the heat down here in the Caribbean mine has separated but when you mix it you get a grainy mess. I have tried using it once and was like nope! It didn't soften my hair, made it harder to detangle and was a pain to wash out. I threw mine away, I didn't even think about letting someone else try it.

Another Miss:

ST Knot Glide - the slip was nice and it sped the detangling process along but as soon as it dried my hair felt extremely coated and tacky. So I stopped using it about half way thru the detangling process. I found that the sections of my hair that had the Knot Glide applied did not respond as well to my beloved SSI Sugar Peach conditioner (bae :love:) like it usually does when I detangle using only oils. I had to use a clarifying shampoo in order to remove it from my hair. I know some persons use it as a leave-in but there is no way I could use that product and leave it in (as part of the styling process).

When I checked the ingredients that damn guar gum is in it. I have tried other detangling aids from her line - Knot Sauce, Mango Dip detangling Slip as leave ins and my hair hated them. I figured this time around that if I only used it to detangle and then rinse it immediately after that it should be ok, but my hair was not pleased. She uses that ingredient nearly all of her products it seems and my hair doesn't respond well to that at all. Even in small amounts and applied for only a short time.

I only gave this Knot Glide a try because my hair is a beast to detangle and I welcome any product that can help make it easier. But my foray into ST was not worth it.

Sigh. Lesson learned for the final time. :nono::nono: Do not mess with ST at all. No matter how good it sounds!

I'll stick to my tried and true Vatika Oil.

Jade Feria

@MileHighDiva @flyygirlll2 @bajandoc86
I feel the same about most of the Jakeala products that I've tried. The only thing I like is the Silky Hair Oil -- but then again, you can't mess up an oil blend, right? LOL

HIT: Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment. I tried it for the first time last week, and it was just divine! It left my hair feeling so soft, strong, moisturized, and defined. Also retaining so much more moisture. Exactly what my hair needed.

Aggie

@MileHighDiva @flyygirlll2

I agree 100%. I bought this product (Jakeala Honey Prepoo) thinking was going to be a smooth slippery prepoo based on the ingredients. NOT. With the heat down here in the Caribbean mine has separated but when you mix it you get a grainy mess. I have tried using it once and was like nope! It didn't soften my hair, made it harder to detangle and was a pain to wash out. I threw mine away, I didn't even think about letting someone else try it.

Another Miss:

ST Knot Glide - the slip was nice and it sped the detangling process along but as soon as it dried my hair felt extremely coated and tacky. So I stopped using it about half way thru the detangling process. I found that the sections of my hair that had the Knot Glide applied did not respond as well to my beloved SSI Sugar Peach conditioner (bae :love:) like it usually does when I detangle using only oils. I had to use a clarifying shampoo in order to remove it from my hair. I know some persons use it as a leave-in but there is no way I could use that product and leave it in (as part of the styling process).

When I checked the ingredients that damn guar gum is in it. I have tried other detangling aids from her line - Knot Sauce, Mango Dip detangling Slip as leave ins and my hair hated them. I figured this time around that if I only used it to detangle and then rinse it immediately after that it should be ok, but my hair was not pleased. She uses that ingredient nearly all of her products it seems and my hair doesn't respond well to that at all. Even in small amounts and applied for only a short time.

I only gave this Knot Glide a try because my hair is a beast to detangle and I welcome any product that can help make it easier. But my foray into ST was not worth it.

Sigh. Lesson learned for the final time. :nono::nono: Do not mess with ST at all. No matter how good it sounds!

I'll stick to my tried and true Vatika Oil.

Oh no @bajandoc86

I just bought that Knot Glide but it's not here yet. Now I'm scared to try it out. I should have left well enough alone and just stayed away from Soultanicals. I wasn't impressed with her products either but I thought the KG would be okay. Keeping my fingers crossed that it would work well on my hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hits:
Using Vitale pro products exclusively: these are the best products that work with my hair. I've tried most of the line and nothing has disappointed me.

Olaplex: helped me to revert my heat damage. I really like this product.

RG cosmetics bb creme (I'll never try another) the best keratin treatment for my hair.

Paul Mitchell super skinny serum: gave very shiny silky results.

Paul Mitchell The conditioner: works great with gels

Miss:

Softliss silk shower keratin treatment: Pure Garbage. I did not like this formulation at all. I would not even recommend to others. its cheap for a reason.

CB smoothe triple silk: Garbage! one of the worst products ive tried. It actually left my hair feeling like straw but flat and greasy feeling. I threw it in the garbage and im glad i only bought the small size.