February 2017 What Did You Buy This Week?

Smiley79

For my daughter
Shea Moisture Low Porosity detangler
Shea Moisture Kids detangler spray
Shea Moisture JBCO Smoothie

For me (catching up last few weeks' purchases)
Karen Body Beautiful moisture spray
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Smoothie
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Hair fragrance
Soultanical Knot Sauce
Mane Choice 3N1 Conditioner
JBCO
Theorie Helichrysum Nourishing Conditioner
Carols Daughter Honey pomade

Rastafarai

J. Monique Heavy Moisture Cream and Lemongrass Hair Butters

APB March Beauty Box (Bath and Body)

4-month supply of Phyto Phytophanere Hair Supplements

Nioxin Scalp Renew Dermabrasion Treatment (2×)

Nioxin Scalp Renew Density Restoration Treatment (recommended for use with Dermabrasion Treatment)

I am legit done for now....until Mother's Day!

JessieLeleB

Maui Moisture Strength & Anti-Breakage Agave Hair Mask:

Kanekom Acai Restoring Conditioning Mask:

I was looking into Maui moisture please give me a review and what is Kanechom also... curious

HaveSomeWine

I was looking into Maui moisture please give me a review and what is Kanechom also... curious

I used the Agave Anti Breakage Mask. For my hair, it doesn't have any slip, but my hair loves silicones and sulfates. It does leave my hair very shiny and soft after, though. I'm pretty heavy handed and I can get away with using 6 oz. (half a jar) on my hair per wash. Typically, I will use twice that amount with runnier Conditioners.

My hair never seems to work as well with natural products as well as it does with regular products for some reason. The Maui Moisture is formulated with aloe and coconut water as a base rather than regular water. It's a thick, buttery white cream with a tropical smell. I left it in while I showered and used the shower steam to deep condition. Once I rinsed it out, my hair felt very nice and I got compliments that my hair looked nice and healthy when I wore it out in a wash and go.

If your hair likes thick, natural deep Conditioners free of silicons, parabens, etc. It may be worth a try. Their deep Conditioners seem to have similar formulations with a lot of other natural hair companies- Shea Moisture, Carol's Daughter, etc. If those and other natural/handmade brands work well for your hair, this probably will, too.

My only complaint was really not enough sip but then again that is likely because my hair loves silicones to death. It might have just been too heavy for my hair texture wise because I have fine but dense, low porosity hair. It is better than most drugstore deep conditioners in my opinion.

Kanechom Masks work really well for my hair and leave it super soft and detangled. The first time I used it, it wasn't super detangling, but every use since then, it made my hair very slippery and easy to detangle. I order Kanechom Masks off Amazon because they come in 35.2 oz. jars and often have 2 for 1 price deals. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=kanechom+conditioner&sprefix=Kanechom+c,aps,132&crid=135WHANYA73F6&rh=i:aps,k:kanechom+conditioner
I also order Alter Ego Hair Masks off of there as well. They come in 33.8 oz. jars. I have used the blue jar (moisturizing and smells like sugar cookies/caramel) and the green jar (moisturizing and strengthening, smells like a salon). These are my favorite masks even ahead of Kanechom.

Blue Jar:

Green Jar:

I have the Alter Ego Mask in the Blue Jar, the Kanechom Acai Mask, and the Kanechom Banho de Cristal mask right now. I was looking into ordering either the Alter Ego Garlic Mask or Kanechom Goat Milk Mask next.

Alter Ego products can also be found here but I haven't ordered from this site yet- https://locobeauty.com/collections/vendors?q=Alter Ego

Last edited:

JessieLeleB

I used the Agave Anti Breakage Mask. For my hair, it doesn't have any slip, but my hair loves silicones and sulfates. It does leave my hair very shiny and soft after, though. I'm pretty heavy handed and I can get away with using 6 oz. (half a jar) on my hair per wash. Typically, I will use twice that amount with runnier Conditioners.

My hair never seems to work as well with natural products as well as it does with regular products for some reason. The Maui Moisture is formulated with aloe and coconut water as a base rather than regular water. It's a thick, buttery white cream with a tropical smell. I left it in while I showered and used the shower steam to deep condition. Once I rinsed it out, my hair felt very nice and I got compliments that my hair looked nice and healthy when I wore it out in a wash and go.

If your hair likes thick, natural deep Conditioners free of silicons, parabens, etc. It may be worth a try. Their deep Conditioners seem to have similar formulations with a lot of other natural hair companies- Shea Moisture, Carol's Daughter, etc. If those and other natural/handmade brands work well for your hair, this probably will, too.

My only complaint was really not enough sip but then again that is likely because my hair loves silicones to death. It might have just been too heavy for my hair texture wise because I have fine but dense, low porosity hair. It is better than most drugstore deep conditioners in my opinion.

Kanechom Masks work really well for my hair and leave it super soft and detangled. The first time I used it, it wasn't super detangling, but every use since then, it made my hair very slippery and easy to detangle. I order Kanechom Masks off Amazon because they come in 35.2 oz. jars and often have 2 for 1 price deals. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=kanechom+conditioner&sprefix=Kanechom+c,aps,132&crid=135WHANYA73F6&rh=i:aps,k:kanechom+conditioner
I also order Alter Ego Hair Masks off of there as well. They come in 33.8 oz. jars. I have used the blue jar (moisturizing and smells like sugar cookies/caramel) and the green jar (moisturizing and strengthening, smells like a salon). These are my favorite masks even ahead of Kanechom.

Blue Jar:

Green Jar:

I have the Alter Ego Mask in the Blue Jar, the Kanechom Acai Mask, and the Kanechom Banho de Cristal mask right now. I was looking into ordering either the Alter Ego Garlic Mask or Kanechom Goat Milk Mask next.

Alter Ego products can also be found here but I haven't ordered from this site yet- https://locobeauty.com/collections/vendors?q=Alter Ego
Thanks!!!