February 2018: Hits & Misses

Aggie

NEW HITS:

-Nairobi Detoxifying Shampoo - this shampoo took all the gunk off my hair leaving it squeaky clean. A definite Repurchase item

-Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Calendula - left my hair feeling soft and wonderful. I will keep this in my stash when my hair feels damaged because it does not have any harsh ingredients. In fact I may finish up the other shampoos in my stash and only replenish this baby shampoo. I love it a lot. Also a definite repurchase item.

-My Ayur-Shea Butter mixed in with my deep conditioner - left my hair soft and strong - will be doing this again next wash.

Last edited:

Sally.

Hits
Jakaela's Marshmallow Root Shampoo Bar Cleanser - omg, i have been on the hunt for a good detangling shampoo! this was the first time i've ever used a shampoo bar and it left my hair moisturized and detangled. i'm not sure if it's really cleansing my hair, but this will be what i regularly use for shampoo and then i'll switch between a clarifying conditioner and/or african black soap shampoo every couple weeks when i need more cleansing action.

Annabelle Perfect Blends Ayurvedic Hair Creme - Love! It's just as moisturizing as Qhemet Biologics Amla and Oil Heavy Cream.

Annabelle Perfect Blends Creamy Hair Pudding - I've already talked about how this is a hit before but I like using it as a leave-in and while it's not the most moisturizing, it does work for me as a leave-in because it's detangling.

ACV Rinse Before Deep Conditioning - so I've tried this before and don't remember feeling like it did much, but tonight after I washed out my cassia gloss, I did a ACV rinse throughout my hair while it was parted in sections. I noticed instant softening. And when I put on my deep conditioner, my hair seemed to respond really well. Will try this again next wash to see if it was a fluke.

Last edited:

Sally.

Still a big hit sense September View attachment 423351 BAM!!

Does my afro hair so right...

There's no denying the moisture it seals.
where do you get this blue majic grease from? i've been trying everything to keep my nape moisturized because it's badly broken off and dry again 30 minutes after i moisturize it, but now it's time i go where i've never gone before...time to try grease for the first time in years!!!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
where do you get this blue majic grease from? i've been trying everything to keep my nape moisturized because it's badly broken off and dry again 30 minutes after i moisturize it, but now it's time i go where i've never gone before...time to try grease for the first time in years!!!
You can find Blue Magic at any hair store, any CVS, Dollar General, Kmart, Wal-Mart and beyond. The original Blue one is the best. The best! You only need about 3 one dollar bills on you to get it and one jar will last you years.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Miss:
Busted lid on CocoVeda Oil jar in my P&T order. Thankfully, it's cold outside and coconut is solid in this weather. If not, my the other items in my order would've been a greasy mess.

Big Hit:
Pampered & Twisted customer service. I submitted the contact form to let them know the lid was busted on that product.

Went to refresh my drink and came back to get in my recliner and BAM!!! I had two gmail alerts, one each from P&T and PayPal stating the money for the CocoVeda had been refunded. I think I was in the kitchen for all of five minutes.

I didn't have to send pix, no back and forth, no PayPal disputes etc.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Big Hit:
Pampered & Twisted customer service. I submitted the contact form to let them know the lid was busted on that product.
I didn't have to send pix, no back and forth, no PayPal disputes etc.
@MileHighDiva
I bought Cocoveda Oil as well on order #2. Can wait until it ships.

I might go in for order #3 if I see anything else I want.:look:

And Bolded is what I'm talmbout. If I contact you about "a problem" there is a problem. :censored:

ANGTFD pics, back & forth, PP. Just solve my issue.:angry2:

blackeyes31626

You can find Blue Magic at any hair store, any CVS, Dollar General, Kmart, Wal-Mart and beyond. The original Blue one is the best. The best! You only need about 3 one dollar bills on you to get it and one jar will last you years.
You're so lucky your HGs are cheap and readily available.
*deep sigh*....... someday.....

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hit:
1. Having a very small amount of shed hair after funnel detangling: fingers, Magic Star Jumbo Rake, KareCo Tangle Buster Brush, Kent 16t seamless comb (wider side, then narrower side).

It seems like a lot, but I treated my hair like silk each step of the way, and it is a relief to fully detangle before using a blow dryer with teeth.

2. Curl Junkie
Next to "slip" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Curl Junkie products. There's gotta be. Impressive, man. Curl Junkie has MASTERED the infusion of slip.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Which products in particular? I’m looking at ordering the repair me and the curl rehab.

All 3 so far that I've tried: Repair Me, Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, and Curl Assurance Conditioner.

The last two seem almost redundant on my hair, though the first is described as a leave-in.

I'm going to consider looking into their stylers, though I don't know much about them. I feel like I could be really underestimating this brand. I find them slightly pricey, but worth it thus far.