February 2019: Hits & Misses

Shadow_Lace

Hit:

TreSemme Luxurious Moisture Shampoo!
I bought it just to have a moisturizing shampoo on hand (wanted in on the hype lol).
Anywho, it's not a lie on the label. Cleanses without stripping my hair, and the moisture is definitely present. Minimal tangling (tangling happens w/ all shampoos/cleansers on my hair). Overall a good moisturizing shampoo!

TreSemme Luxurious Moisture Conditioner
I actually purchased this before the accompanying shampoo. I love it! It helps w/ detangling my hair, keeps the moisture levels up, and has decent slip! I liked it so much that I took the risk to try out the shampoo from this line!

Neomorph

New Hits:

Alikay Naturals Dulce Hydrating Curl Lotion: I love this product as a way to do my twistouts in the cold weather and moisturize my hair throughout the week. The fact that it has NO shea butter is a huge plus (my scalp and shea butter just can't get along) and I have not experienced a lot of buildup on my scalp with this (which helps prevent additional eczema flare ups. This will definitely be in my fall/winter regimen.

DIY Hair Spritz (Aloe Vera Juice Inner Fillet/Rosewater/Raw Vinegar): I've been experimenting with new hair spritzs to refresh my twist outs and wash and goes throughout the week. Especially now that I had an impulsive moment and joined a co-ed intramural basketball team with my classmates and now I have to go to practices and try to keep up (I'm a scrub, I was a track runner not a basketball player) :laugh: . Right now the mix I have moisturizes my curls while also keeping my scalp fresh and minimizing the amount of eczema patches I have come wash-day

Last edited:

fluffyforever

New Hits:
Soft Water
My SO got his water softener fixed and I'm in love. It makes my hair keep moisture longer than ever after wash day (almost a full week!). It gives slip to conditioners that never had slip before. My hair looks so dark and rich in color. My hair feels soft and different, in a good way. Like a smooth silky ball of fine yarn instead of the usual feeling of a ball of fine kitchen twine. I think my life has changed.

Hask Charcoal Shampoo and Conditioner
The shampoo is says it's a clarifying shampoo but it was moisturizing to me. It left my hair soft and easy to detangled. The conditioner is lovely too.

Continued Hits: Oyin Hair Dew and whipped shea butter.

nymane

SUPER HIT:
Hot Head Cap (from Thermal Hair Care)

Pros:
  • I don't know how, but my hair comes out twice as soft and moisturized than when I DC with a plastic cap under my Pibbs. CRAZY good.
  • The heat is very well distributed. There are no cold spots - not even at the nape area or around the perimeter. Amazing
Cons:
  • This cap only stays "Hot" for about 10 mins - this annoys me, but after 10 mins it's still lukewarm, and I throw it back in the microwave for another minute. This gives me another 10 mins of good heat. Even though this is a little inconvenient, the results are so worth it.

metro_qt

HIT:
Texture ID curl cream....I am so surprised that a cream is doing the same thing gels used to do.
Soft, bouncy curls, that are easy to refresh every few days.

It has a slight hold, (not as much as gel) and my curls are so defined.

Also! It's inexpensive! @$9.00
(I've recently bought some $35.00 gels that I'm not impressed with.

I hope they never discontinue this.

curlyhersheygirl

Revisited Hits:
BeeMine Lucious and APB's ayurvedic mud mask.

This is the one advantage of having a great stash to begin with. You find so many goodies when you keep digging into it LOL.
Both these products revive dull dry hair with just one application. The winter temps in the NE have ravaged my daughter's hair but using both these products in her regimen have ensured that her curls stay bouncy.

oneastrocurlie

HIT:
Texture ID curl cream....I am so surprised that a cream is doing the same thing gels used to do.
Soft, bouncy curls, that are easy to refresh every few days.

It has a slight hold, (not as much as gel) and my curls are so defined.

Also! It's inexpensive! @$9.00
(I've recently bought some $35.00 gels that I'm not impressed with.

I hope they never discontinue this.

How did you use this? I have it and had a soft undefined fro lol.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit.
Jane carter Curls to go Coiling all Curls Elongating gel. Worked great for a washngo on the LO. Slippery and detangling. Dew points aren’t that great so it was crunchy but still very set. Interested to see how it works in warmer weather.
Got two day hair by spritzing with water. No additional product added. Hair looks good on him today.

metro_qt

How did you use this? I have it and had a soft undefined fro lol.
@oneastrocurlie , I use it like a normal gel, I just plop it in my hands and rake it through my curls.

It doesn't give me as much hold over the days as regular gel, so if I want 4 day curls, I'll add a little gel to it and mix it together. It mixes well with Ecostyler.

I also use it for touch ups, if I have any limp curls, ill just take a fingerfull of it and finger curl that section. It works great i tell you.
Eta. Soaking wet hair is my key

oneastrocurlie

@oneastrocurlie , I use it like a normal gel, I just plop it in my hands and rake it through my curls.

It doesn't give me as much hold over the days as regular gel, so if I want 4 day curls, I'll add a little gel to it and mix it together. It mixes well with Ecostyler.

I also use it for touch ups, if I have any limp curls, ill just take a fingerfull of it and finger curl that section. It works great i tell you.
Eta. Soaking wet hair is my key

Ahhh I didn't use it on soaking wet hair. Thank you!

Lita

Continue Major Hits-
Shea Nilotica Butter right out the jar

Blue Magic “original” anti breakage grease

Rice Water mix-Sprayed on my hair/heat cap
—————————————————————

New Hit-
Happy Being Nappy”Onion”hair growth oil

Motherlands Moringa Capsules-This brand seems to be the best that I have tried & you begin to notice a difference starting on the 2nd day

Happy Hair Growing!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

SM Bamboo Charcoal Scalp Tonic treatment. It’s working at keeping my scalp clear when in crochet braids. Tones the down itches. Not bad. Don’t like the price though for the amount you get.

TMN Milk and Berries buttercream on the LO. Great moisturizer. Works well at refreshing next day baby hair. Like it a lot. Smells yummy. No Shea or aloe.