February 2021: Hits & Misses

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Continued Hit
Homemade clay wash - my hair always feels soft when using a clay wash. Will try this with ACV added next time.
RevAir blowdryer - worth the money. Bought it during the Black Friday sale last year. So easy and quick to use.
Yaya Creations Chebe butter - I have the cream and oil too but I use the butter the most. I usually use it on its own to seal in water but want to try it with a good moisturizer.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
BIG MISS
•Washing my hair every 2 weeks​
•keeping my hair in the same protective style for more than 2 wash days.​

i know better y’all. I wasn’t even washing my hair every 2 weeks. I was just keeping it moisturized washing 1x a few weeks. I’ve just been so lazy. I keep my hair in ceily twists under my SLAP. Today washing my hair, i noticed breakage at the crown (half dollar coin size) from me washing, detangling, twisting, and sleeping in the same parts since as far back as November that I can remember. As I was applying some Amla oil to prepoo, I notice the broken hair stops right as I begin to twist. I part my hair right down the middle... 2 on each side.

HIT (Solution)
•wearing a 2 strand twist style using a curl foam. I just don’t like spending hrs twisting my hair and taking it out 6 days later.​
•Shea Moisture High Porosity Masque​

Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Hit:

Dyson Supersonic - I didn't want to love it but I do. I've used all the attachments since I got it over Black Friday. It's small, quiet, lightweight, and powerful. No complaints besides initial customer service issues.

Edited to add:

A professionally done keratin treatment. I looked back at at a pic of my wash and go from 2019 and my curl pattern hasn't changed too much more than elongation, which is what I've been trying to achieve this entire time. These are pics of my hair straightened with the keratin and before and after the keratin in a wash and go:

keratin1.jpegkeratindifference.jpg

Last edited:

shasha8685

Hit:
Carol's Daughter Wash Day Delight
Curls Dynasty Pumpkin Mint Deep Treatment Masque

ETA
Miss: Curls Dynasty Twisting Custard- Dried my hair out! Never again.

Last edited:

secretdiamond

Miss

Nasara Organics moisturizer smelling like some Jean Nate.
Nasara Organics not listing ingredients ( first and last purchase from me)
Same! I think I posted about this brand before, but not sure I named it.
AND, the customer service is AWFUL. I noticed from complaints that she doesn’t reply to concerns, issues, dm’s, emails, etc. To top it off, all comments on the brand IG page are disabled.
Products are always shipped super late (like weeks) or not at all. Since I bought the products seconds after she said they were back in stock and received them in a timely manner, I recommended them to others. Well, my sister only received half an order , messaged her several times and finally got a reply a month later, letting her know they would ship it. Another 2 months later, after multiple emails and no response, even asking for a refund of the undelivered products, my sister finally had to resort to asking her credit card company for a refund, citing fraud. Smh
My best friend’s items also took forever, but she finally received it. She also hated the smell. I felt badly for recommending they buy it.
I also emailed and dm’d her asking for the ingredients, and if she wouldn’t reveal the ingredients, to at least let me know if certain specific ingredients were in her products, since I’m relaxed now and need to be more mindful of what I put in my hair. Of course, no reply.
Totally unprofessional! Never recommending her or her products again.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Same! I think I posted about this brand before, but not sure I named it.
AND, the customer service is AWFUL. I noticed from complaints that she doesn’t reply to concerns, issues, dm’s, emails, etc. To top it off, all comments on the brand IG page are disabled.
Products are always shipped super late (like weeks) or not at all. Since I bought the products seconds after she said they were back in stock and received them in a timely manner, I recommended them to others. Well, my sister only received half an order , messaged her several times and finally got a reply a month later, letting her know they would ship it. Another 2 months later, after multiple emails and no response, even asking for a refund of the undelivered products, my sister finally had to resort to asking her credit card company for a refund, citing fraud. Smh
My best friend’s items also took forever, but she finally received it. She also hated the smell. I felt badly for recommending they buy it.
I also emailed and dm’d her asking for the ingredients, and if she wouldn’t reveal the ingredients, to at least let me know if certain specific ingredients were in her products, since I’m relaxed now and need to be more mindful of what I put in my hair. Of course, no reply.
Totally unprofessional! Never recommending her or her products again.
I didn’t have any problem with shipping. Funny thing is I could locally pick up the products in the past but the area was one I wasn’t sure I wanted to be in. I finally just purchased off the strength of the reviews on IG. I’m good. I’ll use to what I have but that’s it for me.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
New Hits

1. Negesbanda Tea Moist Rescue Therapy Multi Purpose Hair Milk ( Brewer Yeast, Honey and Rice Milk)
    1. Its thin, creamy and very softening. Nice slip. Used it for prepoo and leave in.
  2. Negesbanda Moisture Xtasy Supercharged Hydration Deep Conditioner ( Blackstrap Molasses, Sugar Cane Juice ,Manuka Honey and Beet Root)
    1. Very thick. creamy and moisturizing with no heat. Cant wait to see what heat does for it.
Sorta hit
  1. Negesbanda Moist Hydration Shampoo (Blackstrap Molasses, Sugar cane juice and Rose water)
    1. Very thick and creamy. Got the job done, my curls were moist but I compare every shampoo to Blended Beautys Soy Shampoo and if it doesnt make my hair feel like that, then its just okay, lol

Last edited:

shasha8685

Revisited Hit:
Kinky Curly Knot Today- I felt pretty meh about it in the past. I recently revisited it and this stuff really does make my hair easier to detangle and moisturized!

HealthyHair2020

Miss
Camille Rose Coconut Water DC
It's just too thick for my porosity. I have to add extra water on top of the product just to get some slip and to have it sink into my strands. Hasn't been very moisturizing for me either.

cocopuff

HITS
Product Junkie Naturals Rhassoul Clay Wash- I really enjoyed using this clay wash; detangles so easily, moisturizing and has a smooth, creamy texture. I will order this again in the future.

Carol's Daughter Wash Day Delight with Rosewater- Smells lovely and so easy to use. I may try using this to clean my scalp while I wear my Spring Twists.

Product Junkie Natural Rosemary Matcha Green Tea Deep Conditioner
Product Junkie Naturals Rice Water Wet Dream Deep Conditioner
4 Bella Natural Yucca Root Intensive Repair Treatment Mask
Soultanicals SuperFro Ambunu HairGro Scalp Defense Hair Intensive Mask- made my scalp tingle like crazy and defined my natural hair after rinsing out.

Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Can you tell a bit more about your experience with this oil?
I love it. This grew my hair extremely fast. I use this 3-4x a week.
Now that I’m natural... it’s hard oiling my scalp (I’ll alternate between her and my Ayurvedic oils as a prepoo) since the oil breaks the gel cast in my hair and makes my roots frizzy.
But overall... I’m an NJOY lover for life. This oil is the truth.
240A7B53-CAD1-416B-B581-C859624EE837.jpeg
4761596F-BF9C-46CB-9206-235768685323.jpeg(Updated: I think this was Jan-Mar 2014)

Last edited:

Theresamonet

I love it. This grew my hair extremely fast. I use this 3-4x a week.
Now that I’m natural... it’s hard oiling my scalp (I’ll alternate between her and my Ayurvedic oils as a prepoo) since the oil breaks the gel cast in my hair and makes my roots frizzy.
But overall... I’m an NJOY lover for life. This oil is the truth.
View attachment 469923

Thank you! That is great growth! Have you used the citrus burst scented version? I’m trying to decide between that or the unscented. Have you noticed any dryness from the sulfur?