Feed-in Mini Braids???

Gr8ness83

Hey ladies! I recently got braids as a protective style and while I love them, I am nervous about the tension on my edges. I have fine hair and it seems that the only PS that has truly been of any benefit to my hair has been locs but it is too hot and they are too much to deal with having to put them in a bun everyday for work so I want to give them a rest. I absolutely do not like crocet braids on me, they just do not look right, so that is not an option. I would like my hair braided up for a while so this is why I chose to do box braids. I forgot how fast my hair grows and how convient it was to have the locs which looked better the more my hair grew. I took a braid out to redo it yesterday and I decided to try to see how a feed in braid would look like as an individual mini braid. Has anyone experimented with this? I like the feed in method because 100% of my hair is stretched, there is no knot to create tension, and I feel like I have the ability to better moisturize and conditioon the strands since more of them will be exposed. I was considering using synthetic hair until I get closer to the bottom, then using human hair with a slight curl/wave. If I do this, I will most likely leave it in for 6-9 months since I know it will take a long time to do and just as long to take out. I would redo the perimeter and crown ever 6-8 weeks and manage the rest of my hair accordingly. I have done mini braids with my own hair before... I like them.
I have tried to look up long mini braids but I have not been able to find pictures. I recall LongHairDontCare used to wear them with her natural hair, which was kind of my inspiration, but I cannot find any of her pictures.
Thought? Suggestions? Concerns? Opinions? Pictures?

Anaisin

Here are some pics of long natural mini braids

Not understanding how you would leave it in for 6-9 months. Even with regular box braids and natural mini braids that's too long unless you're locking your hair

Gr8ness83

Not understanding how you would leave it in for 6-9 months. Even with regular box braids and natural mini braids that's too long unless you're locking your hair

I always leave my faux locs/braids in for that long. I can braid/faux loc my own hair so I take out sections and redo them as needed. Normally, I'll take a section out, was/condition and if needed, do a protein treatment on that section then put the braids/locs back. I generally don't let the perimeter grow more than 1/2" -3/4 before I redo the entire perimeter no matter what. I always get good growth doing it this way. It saves me and I think I am going to try a small section in my hair and see how they look.

Gr8ness83

I saw all of these but they are not what I have in mind, in my head. The top right pic is close to what I envision but i would like it a bit fuller and I don't want my ends out.

Gr8ness83

I found a few pics of something similar to what I envision. I don't want the knot which is why I am thinking feed in braids.

Attachments

• IMG_1864.JPG
    IMG_1864.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1865.PNG
    IMG_1865.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1867.JPG
    IMG_1867.JPG