FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

CodeRed

Have you tried the tea. I prefer that over the powder. No mess what so ever

I have the tea as a part of my spray that I use for everything. I wanted something that I could make a thick paste with as a part base for a deep conditioner, so I soaked and ground/blended the seeds, wronging thinking that it wouldn't have any hard parts... Lord :lol:

Beamodel

I have the tea as a part of my spray that I use for everything. I wanted something that I could make a thick paste with as a part base for a deep conditioner, so I soaked and ground/blended the seeds, wronging thinking that it wouldn't have any hard parts... Lord :lol:

Oh ok. I have the powder too. I like it but it still leaves specks behind. I've never tried the seeds

CodeRed

Oh ok. I have the powder too. I like it but it still leaves specks behind. I've never tried the seeds

Spare yourself - don't :lol:

Good to know that it leaves specks... Did you just add water or did you boil it and it still left specks?

cocomama

I saw results immediately… I noticed that the seeds rinses out better for me than the powder. As always different hair textures can have a different response/results. I'm using it about once every two weeks now. I'm still in love with fenugreek:bounceline:

MayaNatural

I saw results immediately… I noticed that the seeds rinses out better for me than the powder. As always different hair textures can have a different response/results. I'm using it about once every two weeks now. I'm still in love with fenugreek:bounceline:

Me too :yep: thank you for creating this thread!! :grin:

newgrowth15

Bumping to put this on top for the recipe and to find out how quickly the shedding stopped
for all who used it.

Angel of the North

I bought the seeds today, I'm waiting for the mucus to appear so that I can mix it into my DC. I ordered the powder and the leaves too, I couldn't pick those up locally, but i wanted to try them. I will be making a spritz with the leaves and just want to try the powder to see Which I prefer. I boiled one cup of boiling water with 2 tbs of seeds, I added another 1/4 cup of water to the mix and covered it while I wait. I will post my review when I've used it, i hope it works for me like it has for all you ladies.

MayaNatural

I bought the seeds today, I'm waiting for the mucus to appear so that I can mix it into my DC. I ordered the powder and the leaves too, I couldn't pick those up locally, but i wanted to try them. I will be making a spritz with the leaves and just want to try the powder to see Which I prefer. I boiled one cup of boiling water with 2 tbs of seeds, I added another 1/4 cup of water to the mix and covered it while I wait. I will post my review when I've used it, i hope it works for me like it has for all you ladies.

I use the seeds when I make my mask.. I let it soak over night and then blend well in my blender. I never noticed any mucus until I blend the mix together.

Angel of the North

I use the seeds when I make my mask.. I let it soak over night and then blend well in my blender. I never noticed any mucus until I blend the mix together.

So curiosity got the better of me, I went to see what was going on in the pan I left the seeds soaking in. There wasn't any mucus so, I stuck fingers in and squeezed the seeds, the outer of the seed parted from the core and basically it's the coat of the seed that creates the mucus. I realised what everyone was talking about regarding the blending of the seeds, I decided I didn't want the seeds in my mix, so I separated the mucus from the seeds and then picked out the seeds, it took about 20 minutes, I poured the mucus and what was left of the juice into a cup and covered. I only had about 1/4 of cup by the time I was finished, I started out with 1 and 1/4 cups.

In the morning it was thicker but still runny so I knew I would have to blend it which is what I was trying to avoid. The mixture was like a whipped texture and creamy in colour, I put it into a plastic conditioner tub and left it, when I came back it was like a caramel colour.

I mixed it with my treseme naturals and the last of my nexxus humectress (old formula), I added 3 tbs of the fenugreek to my conditioners and mixed them up, I then added conditioners to the rest of the mix in the tub and put that in the fridge, I have 8oz of ready made fenugreek conditioner left, I may add a little oil just for preservation.

I should have taken proper pics but I wasn't thinking, I managed to spoon some out some of the fenugreek mix before I mixed it in with the conditioners, so I caught a pic of that and of what my mix looked like when I had finished. I'm looking forward to trying the powder, it seems like it will be a little less effort.

Attachments

• 20140209_164312.jpg
    20140209_164312.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20140209_164352.jpg
    20140209_164352.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

newgrowth15

I mixed 1 Tbs. fenugreek seeds and 1 Tbs. flax seeds together and boiled them in 2 cups of water until I got the mucilage I was looking for. I strained them through a knee hi stocking to get as much mucilage as possible. I froze the seed containing stocking for use at a future time. I should have taken pictures, but I was so focused on getting the tangles out of my hair that I didn't think about it. Anyway, I applied the mucilage to one side of my hair and I mixed it with V05 Moisture Milk for the other side. Both ways worked to melt the tangles instantly.

Thanks cocomama for starting this thread. It was very helpful.

girlonfire

so I think this is my third week trying fenugreek, not consecutively. I froze the remainder of my last batch from about 2 weeks ago and I took it out to thaw this afternoon ( I tried to preserve it in the freezer) and when I let it fall and then I transferred it from a bag into my bottle, I noticed a smell not the normal smell of either maple syrup or curry but a SULFER smell. so I thought to myself is sulfer the reason for so many people having such great effect on their hair. no personally I have yet to see any positive side effects but I'm still going to stick with it for another month. just a thought because sulfer is one of the building blocks of hair. Just sharing my findings.
Edit: I mix coconut oil in with my fenugreek. amazingly its really good it's slicking back my edges! maybe it's the consistency.

Last edited:

Angel of the North

When I used the fenugreek last week I the slip was amazing and my hair felt well conditioned. I found the fenugreek smelt like a cross between curry and maple syrup, this was completely masked by the treseme naturals that I mixed it with. When I blow dried my hair, there was not one hair in the attachment comb and I only found one hair on the floor which is a first for me. I really like the fenugreek but I can't wait for my powder and leaves to arrive, I find dealing with the seeds really long winded as I don't blend the seeds only the mucilage. My moisture/protein balance is still out, so I don't know how much the fenugreek did for my moisture levels.

While I had some time on my hand I decided to make up another batch, I wasn't sure if I had used enough of the fenugreek in the conditioner. I made more this time round, I added a few drops of avocado, grapeseed and sunflower oils, I mixed some into the batch of conditioner I made last week and then I put the rest in the fridge, I will mix that up with some more conditioner later today, I'm hoping that the oils and conditioner will preserve the fenugreek, I've been keeping the mixed up conditioners in the fridge just to be cautious.

I will keep using it and will be monitoring my hair as I go along, I know it has strenthened my hair but I'm looking out for moisture right now, I will use it weekly and then eventually reduce it to twice a month. I took pics this time, the second one is what the it looked like after I had blended it and the first one is what it looked like when it had settled.

ForumRunner_20140216_041326.jpg

ForumRunner_20140216_041307.jpg

Ltown

Greyland
I went through this entire thread because I was trying to remember why I bought these seeds a couple of days ago. I think that I had read at the time that it was good for added slippage. I was buying slippery elm and marshmallow root as well.

I think that my routine would be too complicated to add a tea rise or additional step of using a paste and rinsing that out prior to washing and conditioning, so instead, I've decided to try making an oil that I can add to my conditioner or leave in. This will also eliminate me from having to remember in advance to soak my seeds over night.

In one of the post, unfortunately, I can't remember which one, someone was kind enough to post a link to KeraVada's etsy store. My initial idea was to just purchase the oil because it would be easier. Unfortunately, it bothers me to spend twenty dollars on something that I can make - I already have the ingredients.

So tomorrow, I will begin the steeping process. This should be ready by the time I wash my hair on Saturday. I'm thinking that I may add some rosemary as well. Here is the information if anyone else is interested in trying to make their own oil. :yep:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8402107_make-fenugreek-oil.html

I'm try this oil process, it longer than making garlic/coffee oil:look:

Pennefeather

Ltown,
Yesterday, after I shampooed, I put my fenugreek/rosemary oil in my hair, massaged well and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes. Afterwards, I added some oil into my ORS hair mayonnaise , layering that upon the oil already in my hair, and sat under the dryer for another 20 minutes. The results were awesome. I don't know if I can give all the credit to the fenugreek or the ORS which I added honey into.

My plan is to continue to do the fenugreek oil first before adding the deep conditioner, and add oil to my conditioners as well. For me, this is going to be easier than the paste or tea. Hopefully, I will continue to get good results.

girlonfire

This thread has been dead for a while. Just wanted to ask if anyone is still loving their fenugreek. Me, I have used it since February :/ not because I don't like it but because I found applying it a little bit time consuming than I would like but now I think I I figured out an way to make it not as difficult to work with. So when do you use it ? Do you use it before or after your wash?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I just started my fenugreek/methi seed and EVCO infusion. Also, started a bhringraj/maka oil one, as well. I'll put the jars outside tomorrow morning so they can steep in the summer :sunshine:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Pennefeather

This thread has been dead for a while. Just wanted to ask if anyone is still loving their fenugreek. Me, I have used it since February :/ not because I don't like it but because I found applying it a little bit time consuming than I would like but now I think I I figured out an way to make it not as difficult to work with. So when do you use it ? Do you use it before or after your wash?

girlonfire,

I'm still using my fenugreek/rosemary oil. I either mix it into my deep conditioner or use it as a hot oil prior to using my deep conditioner. I use it at least once a month.

I'm currently researching how I can add more Ayurvedic herbs to my regimen. I ordered amla, brahmi, and hibiscus powder. I'm thinking that I will mix some powders with the fenugreek oil, and then mix this into my deep conditioner, and sit under the dryer for about thirty minutes.

krissyc39

I use fenugreek as a tea rinse that i use in place of water... Works well for me and it was a fairly simple addition to my routine

Lita

Fenugreek mixed with Garnier fall fight biotin caffeine conditioner makes a really nice soft strong hair deep treatment..

Happy Hair Growing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Lita

I will look for this. And use it as a Pre-Rx

Thanks Girlie! I hope you are good. :kiss:

Have you looked at J Monique Naturals? You should check that out. Sounds like 'stuff' you would like.:lol: