FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Bumpin' because I've just discovered it's awesomeness.
Fenugreek is great for my hi po hair. It has restored elasticity to my hair, it feels much smoother, and it's retaining moisture longer.

I've been soaking 2tbsp of seeds in 2 cups of distilled water for 24 hrs in the fridge. I also add lavender, rosemary, peppermint to help mask the smell. I spritz my hair and scalp with it.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Bumpin' because I've just discovered it's awesomeness.
Fenugreek is great for my hi po hair. It has restored elasticity to my hair, it feels much smoother, and it's retaining moisture longer.

I've been soaking 2tbsp of seeds in 2 cups of distilled water for 24 hrs in the fridge. I also add lavender, rosemary, peppermint to help mask the smell. I spritz my hair and scalp with it.

Still using this. Its one of my go-to remedies for shedding, also gives slip moisture and a bit of strength. Get the powdered form makes mixing so much easier.

Oooo! Lovely effects. Hmm! :scratchchin: My powder is just sitting here.

I'm going to try adding fenugreek powder to AVJ (which I use as the "liquid" in the liquid-butter-cream or liquid-leave in-gel or what-have-you method).

Can I ask: How much powder do you think I should add to how much aloe Vera juice? (Any ballpark idea you might have would be fine, as I have no clue :lol:)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Oooo! Lovely effects. Hmm! :scratchchin: My powder is just sitting here.

I'm going to try adding fenugreek powder to AVJ (which I use as the "liquid" in the liquid-butter-cream or liquid-leave in-gel or what-have-you method).

Can I ask: How much powder do you think I should add to how much aloe Vera juice? (Any ballpark idea you might have would be fine, as I have no clue :lol:)

Erm, honestly Im really bad at measuring I do things by intuition :lol: I add a little at a time until I have a mixture that's like conditioner...it thickens up like when you use chia seeds...I'd say maybe a tablespoon to a half cup.

Keen

Has anyone used the fenugreek seeds/powder for masks to help with thinning hair? I'm interesting in hearing if anyone had success with it.
I don't know if this help improved my thinning hair. When I started using FG, my thinning hair was already growing back using collagen. This is one of my staple products. I don't wash my hair without it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I infused fenugreek seeds in coconut oil along with a few other herbs. I've only used it twice on wash day as a prepoo so I don't know if it's doing anything yet but I'll assess at the end of the year.

Still loving fenugreek since this post in 2014.

I use the powder in my Ayurvedic Balancing treatment every other wash. I use an Herbal tea rinse that has fenugreek seeds in it as well. I mix the powder and the tea rinse together. It's so good and my hair always feel so silky after rinse out.

Currently making some Fenugreek Oil. It should be ready in a month.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I like this simple recipe.

@mzteaze , how are you employing fenugreek and what are the results you are getting, please?

I'm currently doing hydrated fenugreek, aloe vera and bhringraj masks on my scalp at least once a month. I've also added hydrated fenugreek to my rice water mixture and spray that on my hair /scalp with each wash day.

So far, after MONTHS of working on hair growth at my crown, I finally got baby hairs. I think fenugreek helped that as it was one of the few things I've added in the last 2-3 months.

Here's the method I use for hydrated fenugreek. It leaves absolutely zero residue. The con is the process takes time BUT you can easily make a big batch and freeze leftovers.

ETA : the video is in Italian, so please turn on your closed caption for the English translation. She's a bit long winded BUT thoroughly explains how to do this.

water_n_oil

I'm currently doing hydrated fenugreek, aloe vera and bhringraj masks on my scalp at least once a month. I've also added hydrated fenugreek to my rice water mixture and spray that on my hair /scalp with each wash day.

So far, after MONTHS of working on hair growth at my crown, I finally got baby hairs. I think fenugreek helped that as it was one of the few things I've added in the last 2-3 months.

Here's the method I use for hydrated fenugreek. It leaves absolutely zero residue. The con is the process takes time BUT you can easily make a big batch and freeze leftovers.

ETA : the video is in Italian, so please turn on your closed caption for the English translation. She's a bit long winded BUT thoroughly explains how to do this.

This looks really good. Thanks for sharing. I have seeds vs the powder. May try grinding them first.

GGsKin

I finally got round to grinding up some fenugreek seeds. I wanted to try the preparation posted in the above vid but I didn't have any fenugreek powder. Upon mixing, I could see the mucilage begin to form but I also noticed that some grains were not 'melting away' as I rubbed it into my skin.

This morning (after leaving, mixing and leaving for 12hrs) I could see that the husk from the seeds wasn't going to dissolve so I squeezed the mix through a muslin cloth and I'm glad I did.2019-05-05_15.37.13.jpg

I would've been fighting with this husk all in my hair2019-05-05_15.37.44.jpg
There was so much slip. After shampooing, I applied just the fenugreek on my scalp, and mixed some up with Camille Rose Coconut Water Penetrating Treatment for my hair. I wanted to leave in on for 1 hr, but it's been on all day. I'll report back once my hair is washed and dry. Here's a pic after I finished applying the mix.2019-05-05_15.47.17.jpg

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
I know it has slip but is fenugreek considered more like a moisture or strengthening/protein treatment?

Next hair products haul I’m definitely planning to purchase fenugreek powder? I have the seeds but didn’t like the smell when using as a leave in spray so I want to try as a strengthening mask on wash day before deep conditioning

GGsKin

I know it has slip but is fenugreek considered more like a moisture or strengthening/protein treatment?

Next hair products haul I’m definitely planning to purchase fenugreek powder? I have the seeds but didn’t like the smell when using as a leave in spray so I want to try as a strengthening mask on wash day before deep conditioning

For me, as a treatment it was definitely moisturising. My hair felt very smooth when it came to rinsing it out. Once dry, my hair (including naked shed hair) was very soft.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

This video stepped my Fenugreek game up by 1000%. Now it just melts into my strands and make them obey. LOL Love this technique.

Keen

I finally got round to grinding up some fenugreek seeds. I wanted to try the preparation posted in the above vid but I didn't have any fenugreek powder. Upon mixing, I could see the mucilage begin to form but I also noticed that some grains were not 'melting away' as I rubbed it into my skin.

This morning (after leaving, mixing and leaving for 12hrs) I could see that the husk from the seeds wasn't going to dissolve so I squeezed the mix through a muslin cloth and I'm glad I did.View attachment 446497

I would've been fighting with this husk all in my hairView attachment 446499
There was so much slip. After shampooing, I applied just the fenugreek on my scalp, and mixed some up with Camille Rose Coconut Water Penetrating Treatment for my hair. I wanted to leave in on for 1 hr, but it's been on all day. I'll report back once my hair is washed and dry. Here's a pic after I finished applying the mix.View attachment 446501
This is how I use mine. It is time consuming but my hair loves it. I add it to my hena gloss. I also make tea and put it on my spray bottle.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun

When you say hydrated fenugreek, bhringraj, and aloe Vera, are they all in powder form and what ratio? Do you mix all the powders together before hydrating/adding liquid? Or do you hydrate the fenugreek then add that to the other powders?

i did an amla + bhringraj prepoo gloss for ~1 hour and I loved it. Definitely going to be a staple in my routine when I have time. I would like to add fenugreek so I can get all the benefits but no smell after washing/conditioning. Aloe my hair loves aloe vera powder - I always add it to my henna masks etc.