FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by cocomama, Aug 5, 2013.

1. mzteaze

mzteaze Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    When I say "hydrated" fenugreek, I mean I hydrate powdered fenugreek over a 12 hour period just like demonstrated in the video I linked. Normally, I made 1-2 batches and freeze them in cute silicone molds for single use.

When its time to make the mask, I defrost a fenugreek bar and mix with aloe vera gel (buy by the gallon, it's cheaper) and bhringraj powder.

Lita, GGsKin, Aggie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Well I finally strained my fenugreek oil today that was infusing for 5 weeks. It is pretty green and potent from the aloe and moringa powders in it. The Fenugreek is really strong too. I already added some essential oils to it to mask the fenugreek scent. Don't want to walk around smelling like curry or maple syrup :giggle:.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Lita, BeautifulRoots, GGsKin and 2 others like this.
  3. water_n_oil

water_n_oil Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    To me it goes in between smelling like maple syrup and celery. My hair still smells like celery 3 days later lol. Overpowered everything else I used on wash day.

Lita, Aggie and GGsKin like this.
  4. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I've never even heard anyone say it left a celery scent on them. That's funny :lol:.

Lita, ItsMeLilLucky and GGsKin like this.
  5. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Used my diy Fenugreek Tea Rinse and oil on my hair scalp and hair tonight. I finished the tea and have to make another batch this coming weekend.

The seeds from the first batch, I think I will make a hydrating fenugreek mask for my hair and scalp a little later.

The seeds are in the freezer right now but maybe I'll start to make the mask by this coming Friday.

IDareT'sHair, Lita and ItsMeLilLucky like this.
  6. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Used some of my diy Fenugreeek oil on scalp and I used up a bottle of IN Aloe & Hibiscus Leave-in tonight as my cream moisturizer for tonight.

No backups left of the latter and probably not a repurchase either. I liked it but don't actually NEED it.

IDareT'sHair likes this.
  7. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I also made some hydrated fenugreek mask tonight from the same seeds I used to make my Fenugreek Tea Rinse.

I had the seeds in the freezer to make certain they won't spoil on me. I should be able to freeze the mask maybe tomorrow night and use it up mixed with other herbs and deep conditioners as needed.

GGsKin, cocomama and IDareT'sHair like this.
  8. Aggie

Aggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I just made some more Fenugreek Tea Rinse using AVJ and water in a 1:1 ratio. I will let it sit overnight to allow it to release it's goodness before using.

Tomorrow I will be adding some essential oils, vitamin C and MSM to it once I've strained it and transferring it to my spray bottle. I usually saturate my scalp and hair with it about 3 days a week. I really love this rinse so much.

ETA:
    I keep it in the fridge to avoid spoiling.

GGsKin, Prisangela and IDareT'sHair like this.