FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

junipertree

This is the first new thing I've tried for my hair in a long time......and it works! Excellent slip and moisture. At the same time it strengthened my hair.

I made a paste with the powder and added it to AO Honeysuckle. 4 days later my hair still feels soft and I barely need to put any product in it. No frizz. Just spritzing some water in the morning and that's it.

Love, love, love this and will do it weekly from now on. THANK YOU!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/189/2

Here is a link for fenugreek seeds...it has 3 g of protein in 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds.

Thank you for pointing that out @cocomama. I was raving about loving avocado oil and was thinking of giving raw avocados a try. Someone advised againt it because avocados have 3g protein and can feel like a protein treatment whereas avocado oil has 0g protein, thus the reason my protein sensitive hair loves it.

Lilmama1011

Thank you for pointing that out @cocomama. I was raving about loving avocado oil and was thinking of giving raw avocados a try. Someone advised againt it because avocados have 3g protein and can feel like a protein treatment whereas avocado oil has 0g protein, thus the reason my protein sensitive hair loves it.

Yah the actual avocado masque makes my hair dry but it strengthens it

CurliDiva

I was at an international market today, and for the life of me couldn't remember the name FENUGREEK and my phone was dead!

What section would I find it in?Spice? Tea? Grain?

Does it have another "foreign" name?

Jas123

The Star of a Story
today i used the "juice" i got from soaking the seeds overnight in water... i mixed the juice with my conditioner and some evco and dc'ed under the heating cap... my detangling session was soooo much easier... this is a keeper... i still have a good amount of shedded hairs but i chalk that up to only combing out my hair 1x a week so on wash day a weeks worth of shedded hairs come out
i have both the powder and seeds... they're very cheap... each bag is 14oz for $1 and some change... i'm from chgo so all the int'l markets always have an indo-paki section because we have a large indian-pakastani population

eta: i'm texlaxed and haven't had a relaxer in over 2mos... so you can imagine all the textures i'm currently dealing with:spinning:
if & when i transition this will make it so much easier

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Sunday's are my fenugreek paste days:love: I add hibiscus and rose powder to my mix for extra umph:grin:
You ladies should join us in the tea/coffee/ACV/ayurveda thread....lots of fun mixes which include fenugreek:yep:

Jewell

I learned about fenugreek years ago from an Indian lady who was my neighbor, but I never used it on my hair. I have, however, taken it orally for years now. I might try it on my hair...the mucilage from the seeds is excellent for slip, shine, and hair protection. The scent reminds me of curry powder so I will add EO's to tone it down.

mshoneyfly

Ladies!!
I forgot to tell you that Ive putting a paste of just fenu and water on my breasts :blush: supposed to make them bigger and firmer :look:

I only did it for three days last week and I can tell the diff!!;)

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Wenbev

Ladies!!
I forgot to tell you that Ive putting a paste of just fenu and water on my breasts :blush: supposed to make them bigger and firmer :look:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Where did you hear about that!?

Jewell

Not related to hair, but Fenugreek is WELL KNOWN to increase breast size, and really helps "bring in milk" for breastfeeding mothers. I can attest that it works for both. I have taken it in oral capsule form (gelatin cap filled with fenugreek powder) the last 2-3 years. It increased my breast size by 1 cup but I have not always measured...and for a while I was taking maca root too. I began taking both for the health benefits, and because I consume a lot of protein, and fenugreek is excellent for stomach indigestion...which I sometimes get after a heavy protein meal. I figured I'd take both for health, and if it boosts the girls, cool!

About 3 months before I had my son, I made sure to take extra fenugreek (3 caps instead of 2 per day), and immediately after birth I had a really good supply of milk. Fenugreek is in those "Mother's Milk" tea blends that moms drink to encourage letdown and to increase milk supply. Im a good size up top for my body size, but I always wanted a bit more without surgery...fenugreek and maca root help.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Ladies!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Oh ya mshoneyfly? I could do with some enhancement:look: how do make your paste and how do you store it?

Eta: I've read that it works..

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

I saw it on several web sites. It helps new moms with lactation (sp?). I massage it on then let it drry like a facial masque and rinse off

I LOVE this HHJ!!

NaiyaAi

She had a 30% Discount for some time. I think it still might be on?

Um...Yeah..You should. If you like doing that sort of thing.
I love sales! Except my hair hates coconut oil. :nono: The fenugreek might cancel out the dislike, since my hair really loves it, but I'm scared to try. 30% is very tempting, though.

mshoneyfly

Nix08
I used some of the first batch that I soaked o/n and put in the blender. Before adding the coconut oil I put some in the freezer. When I thawed it out for my hair I used some for my boobs :lol: i left it out and after the third day it molded. I guess I can keep in the fridge and warm it in the bowl in some hot water when Im ready :eek:h well:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
You all may know this or have posted this but found this online...

Fenugreek, Trigonella foenum-graecum, or Methi, provides natural proteins for the nourishment and health of hair, stimulates blood flow to the root of the hair, and was used to combat hair loss. Used as a treatment for dandruff, thinning hair, and damaged hair, it is said to preserve hair's natural color and keep hair silky.