FENUGREEK IS THE BUSINESS...GREAT SLIP/STOPS SHEDDING/CHEAP

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have my mix ready for after tonight's wash.

I added conditioner and oil and will be sleeping in it and rinsing in the morning.

Jobwright

Just bought some fenugreek powder. How much powder to how much water for how long, should it be boiled or just let to sit? ETA just went back and read yaya24 post. I'm mixing now!

Last edited:

Lilmama1011

I wish i had a store nearby. I will be spending 5 dollars for a couple of ounces when y'all getting more for less money

Jobwright

I was a little extra with my mix but it felt awesome going on! I mixed 2tsp each of fenugreek, marshmallow and slippery elm powder in 3 cups boiling distilled water. Let sit for about an hour with 2 bags black and 2 bags rooibos tea. Took tea bags out and added some honey and sunflower oil. Mixed with my mixer and let sit for another hour. Poured about 1/2 cup AOHSR into about 1 cup of the mix. Blended. Coated my hair heavily with EVCO, detangled and sectioned into 4 quadrants. Applied the mix, baggied and skullied. Waiting about an hour to rinse. My hair felt AWESOME during application!!!! Can't wait to see how it air dries once I rinse and cowash with VO5 passion fruit smoothie. Will probably bantu knot tonight for church tomorrow.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ladies!!
I forgot to tell you that Ive putting a paste of just fenu and water on my breasts :blush: supposed to make them bigger and firmer :look:

I only did it for three days last week and I can tell the diff!!;)

I LOVE this HHJ!!
Say what now?

You telling this to a woman who nursed every 3 hours around the clock for 1.5years? Um.. :drunk:

BTW even more OT: If (general) you are nursing, expecting, or planning to nurse but find you have production problems, fenugreek tea is the answer! I had low to no lactation production due to a birth defects. I took fenugreek tea and my poor baby was drowning :lol: like coughing and sputtering. Fenu's got a bunch of holistic uses. Love it.

apemay1969

I was researching natural ways to increase thickness now that my beloved Megatek is not the same and i resent OCT.
In my research on fenugreek(methi), I've heard that weight gain is possible and I'm already 20 lbs up from maca root.
I get funkiness when i go into Indian and other Asian stores in our city. It's actually the second most segregated urban city in the country. I need to know what exactly to ask for.
There is an Indian restaurant behind my building and part of the family lives in my building. There is a Korean store around the block.
What am i saying when i go in: hey yall, got any fenugreek/methi tea/leaves/seeds up in here? Or do you know where i could get some?
I'm always careful with native expectations of manners to the point of anxiety. My undergrad was in multi cultural communications. I over think things. :/

TraciChanel

I was researching natural ways to increase thickness now that my beloved Megatek is not the same and i resent OCT.
In my research on fenugreek(methi), I've heard that weight gain is possible and I'm already 20 lbs up from maca root.
I get funkiness when i go into Indian and other Asian stores in our city. It's actually the second most segregated urban city in the country. I need to know what exactly to ask for.
There is an Indian restaurant behind my building and part of the family lives in my building. There is a Korean store around the block.
What am i saying when i go in: hey yall, got any fenugreek/methi tea/leaves/seeds up in here? Or do you know where i could get some?
I'm always careful with native expectations of manners to the point of anxiety. My undergrad was in multi cultural communications. I over think things. :/

I just went straight to the seasonings section and found the fenugreek. The seasonings were alphabetized and for some reason, it was not listed under fenugreek, but methi. So...try the seasonings section. If you can't find it, ask for methi. I usually try to find things myself before I ask. At the store near my house, some of the ladies (but not all) are a bit rude as well.

biancaelyse

I went to the very small Indian grocery near my house and all they had were the Fenugreek seeds so I bought the 14 oz bag.

Last night I poured 2 cups of boiling water over 2 tbsp. of the seeds and let sit overnight. In the morning, I put the water and seed mixture in my Vitamix and blended until smooth.

I applied this to mu dry hair and left it on for about 90 minutes. I rinsed it out and followed with a conditioner.

Overall, I like it. My hair is shiny and I think a little curlier from the protein in the Fenugreek.

I will use it again but next time I will blend longer because I have tiny white particles of the seeds that didn't rinse out.

Next time I will drive a little further into the city where there are bigger Indian groceries and buy the powder.

veesweets

I have two boxes of fenugreek tea bags that have just been sitting. I'm going to stop being lazy and use some in a tea rinse today. I'll let you ladies know how I like it

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Purchased another Fenugreek Hair Oil from KeraVada (ETSY)

I still use the Fenugreek Tea (Vitacost) for Tea Rinsing.

mshoneyfly

biancaelyse I noticed that if I applied oil on my hair shaft first the fenugreek paste rinsed out a lot better.
Also, biancaelyse You could've added an oil of your choice to the mix and then blended some more before applying. It makes it even fluffier! I've only tried coconut oil but Im excited to try another oil next time. Then adding some conditioner, avg and honey helps to get all the particles out when you wash. And I had better results when I used it as a prepoo on damp hair (water spray bottle) then shampooed it out. It was too oily when I just cowashed it out.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Say what now?

You telling this to a woman who nursed every 3 hours around the clock for 1.5years? Um.. :drunk:

BTW even more OT: If (general) you are nursing, expecting, or planning to nurse but find you have production problems, fenugreek tea is the answer! I had low to no lactation production due to a birth defects. I took fenugreek tea and my poor baby was drowning :lol: like coughing and sputtering. Fenu's got a bunch of holistic uses. Love it.

DarkJoy, I was in GNC a week ago and asked about Fenugreek and was told exactly that -- helps with lactation production.

mshoneyfly

You all may know this or have posted this but found this online... Fenugreek, Trigonella foenum-graecum, or Methi, provides natural proteins for the nourishment and health of hair, stimulates blood flow to the root of the hair, and was used to combat hair loss. Used as a treatment for dandruff, thinning hair, and damaged hair, it is said to preserve hair's natural color and keep hair silky.

divachyk
I think I can attest to the "stimulates blood flow" part. For the past month, my scalp feels tingly even in days I havent done anything to my hair!! Im feeling it right now, esp in the back (hair grows fastest there).

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Lita

divachyk
I think I can attest to the "stimulates blood flow" part. For the past month, my scalp feels tingly even in days I havent done anything to my hair!! Im feeling it right now, esp in the back (hair grows fastest there).

I LOVE this HHJ!!

divachyk I agree with mshoneyfly you really feel a nice tingle with it,also very shiny soft strong hair..So it's worth the purchase or use products that contains Fennugreek..You notice the difference quickly.

Happy Hair Growing!

cocomama

IDareT'sHair Do you used fenugreek tea as a final rinse? Also what's the biggest difference between the tea vs the oil ? I plan on trying both this week and reporting back. If it works well in my hair I will probably alternate the paste, oil and tea rinse as needed.

SIDENOTE: I've been researching the vitamins/nutrients in fenugreek and it is high in fiber which thickens the hair shaft. Ladies I love the fact that we can find a cheap non commercial herb/spice that's will do multiple things for the health of our hair and bodies:lachen: Anyway off to do more research...

Oh yeah here is a list of what it can do for our bodies: (I'm pretty sure I will start drinking the tea daily)

Uses of Fenugreek

Home Remedy for Balancing Cholesterol
Studies have found people who took 2 ounces (56g) of fenugreek seed each day had significantly (around 14 percent) lower cholesterol levels after 24 weeks, and had lowered their risk of heart attack by more than 25 percent. Therefore, a recommended remedy for lowering cholesterol is to take 2 ounces of seeds throughout the day. The seeds can be sprinkled onto prepared food, or they can be consumed with water if they are in capsule form.

Treating Diabetes and Lowering Blood Sugar Levels
Studies have shown that participants with type 2 diabetes had significantly lower blood sugar levels after eating fenugreek. Therefore, a recommended home remedy for treating Type 2 diabetes is to consume 500mg of fenugreek twice daily.

Herbal Cure for Skin Inflammation
Research has shown that Fenugreek is an effective topical treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema, and gout. Therefore, a simple skin inflammation remedy is the following:
Take a spoonful of fenugreek and grind it into a powder.
Mix the ground powder with warm water.
Take a simple piece of clean cloth and soak it into the mixture.
Apply the soaked cloth directly onto the affected skin as a poultice.
Natural Cure for Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Fenugreek seeds contain a lot of mucilage, which helps sooth gastrointestinal inflammation by coating the lining of the stomach and intestine. Therefore, for an effective remedy against heartburn or Acid Reflux, simply sprinkle 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds onto your food. Another option is to take one teaspoon of seeds and swallow them with water or juice before any meal.

Home Remedy for Fever
The Fenugreek herb has been known to help reduce fever when taken with lemon and honey, since it nourishes the body during an illness. Therefore, to treat a fever, simply consume one to two teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds three times a day along with an herbal tea (such as green tea) with a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Some health food stores also sell herbal Fenugreek teas, which can be used instead of the green tea.

Breast Enlargement
Fenugreek is often used in many teas and other products that help balance women's hormones and/or enlarge the breasts. Therefore, a simple home remedy for breast enlargement is to make Fenugreek a part of your regular diet. A common suggestion is to consume up to 3g of Fenugreek per day.

Remedy to Ease Child Birth for Pregnant Women
Fenugreek stimulates uterine contractions and can be helpful to induce childbirth. However, pregnant women should only use this remedy for inducing labor after consulting with their doctor.

Remedy to Aid Milk Production in Lactating Women
Fenugreek has been known to increase milk production in lactating women. Research has even shown that milk production can increase by over 500 percent within 24 to 72 hours after consuming this herb. Although it is not known why this happens, researchers speculate that the oil contained in fenugreek seeds plays a role. Therefore, a recommended remedy to increase milk flow is to consume one capsule of fenugreek seed (at least 500mg) three times a day.

cocomama

I found it fascinating that fenugreek powder can create a mucus as well as eliminate mucus from our bodies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fenugreek
Fenugreek is an herb that helps to expel waste via the lymphatic system. Often given to nursing mothers to increase lactation, it has another benefit in mucus thinning and reduction. Fenugreek is one of the few herbs that has a positive effect on hardened and impacted mucus. It softens this mucus and thins other mucus to allow for easier expulsion from the body. In addition, fenugreek has antiseptic properties and can help to dispel lung and sinus infections. You can prepare it as a tea or eat its seeds

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/way_5427641_herbal-mucus-eliminator.html#ixzz2fe5UYIRO

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tea is Tea. Oil is Oil.:lol: Not really sure how to answer that? cocomama

The Oil has a lighter smell. But it is scented.

Yes, I use the Fenugreek as a Final Rinse. I leave it in and apply my leave-In and get under the dryer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I keep forgetting I have the Methi-Set from Hairveda. So, that's another Fenugreek Product.

I haven't tried it yet. But I need to.

cocomama

IDareT'sHair
I was wondering if they both had the same slip/shine/hair fall properties as the powder:grin: lol I'm soaking my tea now I will try it today in my twist.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
cocomama Yes.:yep: The same.

Minus the Mucilage. Both the Tea & the Oil work Great. However, if I let my Tea Bags sit in the Tea overnight, the Mucilage is definitely there.

So, I try not to since I am leaving it in.

veesweets

I'm liking the fenugreek. I let my tea bags steep for a few hours. When I was squeezing the excess water out of the teabag I was honestly a little put off at first by the really slimy (but slippy) feel, it felt so gross :lol: . My hair feels nice today and I noticed a little decreased shedding. Will continue trying it a few more times and might even buy some powder to try a paste

biancaelyse

I cowashed my hair again yesterday and finally got all of the little particles out.

My hair looks good and feels strong. I also noticed that my hair looks darker, which I don't mind.

I also put some of the fenugreek on my face as a mask and it felt amazing after I rinsed.

I look forward to experimenting with the fenugreek more next weekend.

I have a grain blade for my Vitamix for grinding whole grains into flour. I will try to grind my fenugreek seeds like this to make the powder instead.

Atdow71

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the right consistency w/ the fenugreek powder. When I only add oils to it, it feels too grainy. If I add cold liquid like tea that I have sitting in the fridge or AVG it gets clumpy. Should I only add hot water to my mix?