Fenugreek...

ellegantelle

I’ve read a lot of threads about using Fenugreek in DCs or adding it to an oil...

Has anyone ever added it to a Shea butter mix or hair balm to use on their scalp?

What were your results? (Or is it not meant to be used in that way).

ellegantelle

I've never used Fenugreek on my scalp. But I do spray it on my hair daily (fenugreek tea) and seal with whipped shea butter. Results are awesome. I am retaining length. I am also using hair growth herbs (i.e. collagen, nettle, msm, liquid biotin).
Thank you! I just found a recipe for the tea on YouTube. I’ll definitely try that.

GGsKin

I still haven't tried out that Fenugreek water but I do enjoy using hydrated fenugreek on my hair and scalp, as a conditioning mask. It takes a while for the fenugreek to hydrate properly- approx. 8-12 hrs. Slowly adding water to the powder, stirring stirring stirring, adding more water, more stirring, leaving it to sit for a while, blending, adding more water, more stirring (and in my case, straining through cloth, until it is ready.

I use it alone or mixed with a commercial moisture DC and my hair feels good after. It 8s moisturised, slightly strengthed, and soft after a treatment but I don't use it nearly as often as I would like due to the lengthy process. Next time I should mix up a larger batch and try freezing.

KenyafromCT

I still haven't tried out that Fenugreek water but I do enjoy using hydrated fenugreek on my hair and scalp, as a conditioning mask. It takes a while for the fenugreek to hydrate properly- approx. 8-12 hrs. Slowly adding water to the powder, stirring stirring stirring, adding more water, more stirring, leaving it to sit for a while, blending, adding more water, more stirring (and in my case, straining through cloth, until it is ready.

I use it alone or mixed with a commercial moisture DC and my hair feels good after. It 8s moisturised, slightly strengthed, and soft after a treatment but I don't use it nearly as often as I would like due to the lengthy process. Next time I should mix up a larger batch and try freezing.
Thank you so much. Someone posted @haircarecrisis YT videos. She had tail bone length hair and used protein.. ruined her hair and had to have it all cut off. She drinks fenugreek water. She soaks it overnight and drinks it twice a day. She did it for her skin initially(which is beyond amazing). She noticed that her hair grew like crazy. I’m going to grab some seeds and get started. See how it goes.

GGsKin

Thank you so much. Someone posted @haircarecrisis YT videos. She had tail bone length hair and used protein.. ruined her hair and had to have it all cut off. She drinks fenugreek water. She soaks it overnight and drinks it twice a day. She did it for her skin initially(which is beyond amazing). She noticed that her hair grew like crazy. I’m going to grab some seeds and get started. See how it goes.
Her testimony vid is where I got the inclination from but I also take MSM, collagen, vitamin c, liquid iron and cod liver oil, so I keep forgetting to try it.

Godsdaughter001

Hello. Are you still drinking fenugreek? Do you have any new insights to share? How often do you drink it? My hair is just beyond twa length.
Hi @KenyafromCT - I never drank the fenugreek. I was spraying the tea in my hair. It worked great. I had actually stopped doing it this year. Not because it wasn’t working. Just because I ran out of it and never bought more.
IMO, if you have a twa and are trying to grow it out, I would use the recipe in this link: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...iness-great-slip-stops-shedding-cheap.697429/
I used this when my hair was shorter. My hair is waist length now and so the tea is more convenient. But I started out using the fenugreek with the recipe in the above link.

KenyafromCT

Maybe place in a blender with warm water? Add some carrier oils? Some conditioner. Allow to blender to go for 5 minutes or so? You can also grab some seeds and soak them in hot water. Allow to sit for 16 hours or so. Then use the seeds in blender. Drink the water. Add some to your blender potion.

KenyafromCT

Hi @KenyafromCT - I never drank the fenugreek. I was spraying the tea in my hair. It worked great. I had actually stopped doing it this year. Not because it wasn’t working. Just because I ran out of it and never bought more.
IMO, if you have a twa and are trying to grow it out, I would use the recipe in this link: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...iness-great-slip-stops-shedding-cheap.697429/
I used this when my hair was shorter. My hair is waist length now and so the tea is more convenient. But I started out using the fenugreek with the recipe in the above link.
Thank you. I’m just seeing this. So sorry. My hair is beyond a TWA and I’ve been drinking the water most mornings. My hair is definitely flourishing. It’s sp
Strong, shiny, the color is no longer dusty and weird. I’m retaining length! Even my ends are better.

I should add that I’ve upped my biotin. Added zinc and niacin, Still taking collagen, and my smoothies now have beets, spinach or kale. I also still add avocado, bananas, berries, oranges, mangos. Etc. whatever I have on hand. I also add the skins of the fruits/beets. It’s amZing to see the transformation.
Oh and thanks for your reply!!