FINAL Update Thread: 2009 MBL Challenge!!!

audacity.

I'M CALLING ALL CHALLENGERS TO UPDATE US WITH YOUR PROGRESS STAT!!!

This is the final 3 months of the year and if you haven't hit MBL yet, what exactly are you doing to make that happen!? As a reminder, MBL MUST be made by December 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM...

So, again I say, how you gonna do it???

And let us know when you get there so we can put a :trophy: by your name and :dance7: with you!!!

Good luck, y'all!!!

Here is the Original Thread
Here is the First Update Thread
Here is the Second Update Thread
Here is the Third Update Thread

LET'S GET IT GROWIN' LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MID-BACK 2009 CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS: :dance7:
2inspireU
2kute
ajoyfuljoy
almondjoi85
Andy1979
AshMoBev
backtonature
bbdgirl
BioGeekChic
Black Hoya Chick
Blessed2bless
BostonMaria :trophy:
Brees_hair
Bri505
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
BrooklynQueen
brownshugahgirl
bubasdhter
Butterfly08
calyssa
camilla
caribgirl
Casarela
chavascandy
CHECKMATE!
chenai
Chrissmiss
crazydaze911 :trophy:
CurlyMoo :trophy:
DanaDane
DaRealist
Dee Raven :trophy:
deltagyrl
dinaaike
divya
dollie :trophy:
dream13
E_Williams20
ebonimama :trophy:
Ebony Majesty
EbonyHairedPrincess
Ediese
e$h
fabiennd
Faith
finewine83
FlawedBeauty
foxieroxienyc
GabbanaGirl
Galadriel
girlyprincess23
gissellr78 :trophy:
GoingNatural
Guyaneek
hairdrama:{
~Healthytresses~
HeatSeeker
hillytmj :trophy:
Hot Chocolate-LB
hunnybunny81
hurricane
ImFree27
indigodiva
It~Can~Grow
jamila75
JaszG
jeanne516
jerseygurl
joyandfaith
joyousnerd :trophy:
Keedah
kelkel
kennedy1
kybaby
kyna323
laCriolla :trophy:
LaLaa
lane
leonette
Lia200805
likewtr4chklit
lilamae
liteskinshowdy
lnana04
LondonDiva
long2short2_?
LongCurlyLocks
Longdayinthepark
LongHairDon'tCare
longhairlover
Luscious850
lwilliams1922
malachi74
MAMATO :trophy:
Marand13
mariofmagdal
MekyakaKinkerbelle
Mena
*Michelle*
MissFallon
Missi
MissNina
Mrs.Green
Mrs.Pretty08
Mrs.TheBronx
*Muffin*
mwedzi :trophy:
Mynappturalme
myronnie
mytia
nakialovesshoes
Napp
nappysunflowers
naturalepiphany
naturalgurl
Naturefreegirl
Naturelle
Nice & Wavy
nikki2229
Noir
nomoweavesfome
Nubianqt
Oneya
PartyGirl
PEACHEY
plastic :trophy:
prettyfaceANB :trophy:
princessnad
Pryncez524
Qetesh
queen1908
RecipeBABY
RockCreak
sandyrabbit
**SaSSy**
Shalilac
SherylsTresses
silkii_locks
****arip
shae101s
SheaM
simplycee
Sirens_Song
skyborn09
slimzz
smoothie696
sonia1965
soonergirl
Sophisto
Southern Belle
SouthernDimps
SparklingFlame
strawbearysweet
Sweetgirl08
tarheelgurl
tay_luv
Tayw29
TdotGirl
thaidreams :trophy:
The Girl
The Savvy Sistah
thehairgirl
tiffers
TLC1020
tld723
tnorenberg
tootrendy19
tottzu
tran4quility
trinigal27
TriniStarr
tsmith
twinkletoes17
TwoKaylas
vestaluv1
watchmegrow
wheezy807
Xavier :trophy:
YamisGirl
yellow08

Last edited:

hurricane

Don't think I will make it. May graze BSL, maybe. Had to trim and decided to stretch my relaxer until December. I still will post pics at that time.

CurlyMoo

WOW, such pressure. Still at BSL but I think I grew a little. Haven't done a significant length check. I just ordered Amla oil and added liquid fish oil. I'm hoping these along with a new workout regimen will give me 2 inches by December 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM.

dream13

I'm 8 weeks post today, and I'm going to try to make it another 8 weeks before relaxing. I should definitely make it by December.

audacity.

I'm 8 weeks post today, and I'm going to try to make it another 8 weeks before relaxing. I should definitely make it by December.

if that's a recent pic in your ava, YES you should :yep: if you aren't there already...

thanks for the update!

audacity.

WOW, such pressure. Still at BSL but I think I grew a little. Haven't done a significant length check. I just ordered Amla oil and added liquid fish oil. I'm hoping these along with a new workout regimen will give me 2 inches by December 31, 2009 at 11:59 PM.

:lol: the pressure's on! now, LET'S GROW!

:whip:

MiWay

I'll be very lucky to make BSL by December. I guess I'll have to join the 2010 MBL challenge.

Ediese

I'm not sure if I'll make it by then, but will make sure to keep this thread updated. I'm still 1.5 away from BSL I believe.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Still in it. I might just make it by december. Dream13 I'm sure you'll make MBL by december. I can't believe only 9 members have made MBL, come on ladies update!

Blessed2bless

I just cut my hair 3-4 inches in August. I'm above apl wet and sl air dried. I haven't flat iron to check my length yet. Have to bow out gracefully...

BostonMaria

Thank you for the trophy! :trophy:
I'd like to thank the Academy Awards, Hairveda, Afroveda, all the Indian grocers near my house, oh and momma, pookie, :grin:

Black Hoya Chick

lmao yeah i WON'T make it. HOPEFULLY BSL. no length check till at least thanksgivingish

i added a hair, skin, and nails vitamins with 3000mcg of biotin, 1000 mg of silica, and omega complex. an inch a month would put me close but STILL not there. we shall see.

audacity.

Thank you for the trophy! :trophy:
I'd like to thank the Academy Awards, Hairveda,

THANK YOU BOSTON MARIA...AND I'MMA LET YOU FINISH BUT BEYONCE HAD ONE OF THE BEST VIDEOS OF ALL TIME!!!

Afroveda, all the Indian grocers near my house, oh and momma, pookie, :grin:

:giggle:

great job, sis!!! love your hair!

twinkletoes17

Lol shame on me! I didn't even know my name was on the list... good thing I revved up my regimen this year anyway >.>

I'm too tall. MBL looks farther than Nigeria. Hopefully BSL by December, even though BSL and MBL look like the same thing on me :( lol. I'll post some pics soooooon...

laCriolla

ok ladies
am i a few inches past bsl or am i mbl yet??

Nice & Wavy

I didn't make it to MBL, as you can see:

but after getting a good cut (1 inch last month), my hair is in top condition and my ends are thicker and that's what I have been working on the most, so I will be looking to have my goal of MBL achieved by Spring of 2010. I know I can do it....finally got the regimen for me!

laCriolla

but after getting a good cut (1 inch last month), my hair is in top condition and my ends are thicker and that's what I have been working on the most, so I will be looking to have my goal of MBL achieved by Spring of 2010. I know I can do it....finally got the regimen for me!

your hair is so beautiful and full !

thatscuteright

Just gorgeous!

thaidreams

This picture is from March and I have not pressed my hair since then. I won't do so again till December I think, but I know when I do I will be in need of serious trim. Afterward, I hope to be at MBL.

Attachments

• DSCN0095-vi.jpg
    DSCN0095-vi.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 97

cutenss

OMGosh, you hair is :drool: Do you have a regimen when it comes to the Ayurveda? Or any regimen of yours for that matter. Do you have a fotki? Please share. Looking at your beautiful ends, I know that I can give myself a good trim. I had been fighting myself not to. Are you natural? I hope I didn't ask too many questions. :yep: