FINAL Update Thread: 2009 MBL Challenge!!!

audacity.

I made it, but with a horrible setback. The back of my hair was so matted and tangled from a jacked up braid out that it broke off up to apl. The rest of my hair is mid-back, but very thin. I am trying to catch the rest of my hair up by wearing pony's and banana clips. I should be a nice healthy even mid back by June 2010. Will post pics soon.

congrats on hitting your goal! set backs ain't nothing but set UPs for come backs... :yep:

i'm looking forward to seeing your pics!

:dance7:

thaidreams

Hey Ladies~

The year's almost out and I don't think I'm going to be pressing my hair anytime soon. I did a length check today after taking my twists down and I think it's safe to say that I made my goal of MBL. I'm still hanging onto the hopes that I'll be scraping WL by the end of 09!!!

DSCN0109.jpg

Last edited:

anon123

Congratulations! You know, are waists are really close to mbl. And then there's this long way to hip length, it seems. Maybe we are just high waisted?

Hey Ladies~

The year's almost out and I don't think I'm going to be pressing my hair anytime soon. I did a length check today after taking my twists down and I think it's safe to say that I made my goal of MBL. I'm still hanging onto the hopes that I'll be scraping WL by the end of 09!!!

View attachment 49988

anon123

Okay, for the purpose of this challenge, I'm going to claim MBL. But it's my very bottom layer, so I want to be a fuller mbl before really going around saying I'm so. My hair is also layered from growing out from a short afro. I'm in the MBL challenge for 2010.

Anyway, I took several pictures. Let me say that taking these kinds of pictures is difficult. You have to hold the tape measure, hold your head level, relax your shoulders, and get into position in the 10 seconds before the camera's timer goes off. So please allow me a little wiggle room on the pictures if I didn't have time to smooth the shirt into place.
--------------------------------------------

Okay, this is a picture with the tape measure so I could see what the numbers on the shirt matched up to in reality. I held the top of the tape measure right at my nape. My left hand is at my waist, so I can see from nape to waist is around 17.5":

This is where the bottom of my bra is and where my waist is. The bottom of my bra is at 6 on the shirt. Though it doesn't show in this picture, the top of my bra is at around 4 1/2 on the shirt.

And this is the stretched picture:

This means that my bottom layer is 2" below the bottom of my bra strap, 3.5" below the top of my bra strap, and 3" from my waist. I'm going to say this challenge was successful.

For the new year, I want to cut a little to reduce the layering. I don't want to cut too much, because I really want to see how long I can grow. But I want to cut 1"-2" off the bottom.

thaidreams

Beautiful hair!!!:drunk:!!! You have no problem claiming MBL!!!:yep:!!!

I hope you don't cut too much off when you do trim. I've always liked the body your layers seem to add to your hair, but that's just me!

Last edited:

CurlyMoo

Okay people, I want to see some end of the year photos! We have two more days left. I will post by Dec 31, 11:59:59pm

dream13

I haven't straightened in a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure I'm still just a little past BSL :nono:. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

SherylsTresses

I airdried in a rollerset and flat-ironed my roots. However I applied far too much leave-in and my hair looks greasy and thin and my pics were awful. :ohwell: Soooo I won't be posting my pic, but will take pics in three weeks when I do my next heat style. :perplexed

audacity.

congratulations, ladies (mwedzi & thaidreams) on hitting MBL!

you both have some luscious locks!!!

:dance7:

Last edited:

audacity.

ok, challengers...i will keep this thread open until 1/15/10 to give us slow posters a chance to take SOME kind of pic to show our final 2009 length.

PLEASE POST YOUR PICS BY 1/15/10 WHETHER YOU MADE MBL OR NOT!

we wanna see how your hair has improved!

so, we're counting on those of you - eh-hem US :look: - who haven't updated us to post by the 15th of january. after that date this thread will be locked so room can be given to the 2010 MBL challengers!

thanks to all of you who ACTIVELY participated in this challenge and CONGRATULATIONS to all who achieved your goal of MBL and beyond!!!

let's WIN in 20-10!!!

LongCurlyLocks

I have not checked in to this challenge in a long time, but I regret to say I did not make MBL this year. Very close though, maybe two or three inches off. For the first half of the year I ignored my hair care regime; no MTing, no vitamins, no daily cowashing. And it showed. So in the summer, I stepped it up and got back on my horse. But not in time to make my goal. Oh well, you live and learn. But it's ok, because I know it will be done in 2010 and I know that some of the reason for not following the program the first half of the year was not my fault. Life does get in the way. But I got this for 2010!!!!!

TexturedTresses

I think I just about made it but I'm not sure you guys can be the judge. In the last picture, I pulled the cream top to right under my shoulder blades, so that is where my bra srap would normally be. I did a big trim earlier this year to make my hair all blunt. Hopefully, I won't have to trim for a while.

eta: looks slanted because I just took it out from a saran wrap.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 25
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I surely didn't make it to mid-back this year....on my way though. I have about 1 1/2 inches for bsl, so I'm looking forward to next year.

Nice & Wavy

I didn't make it to MBL, as you can see:

but after getting a good cut (1 inch last month), my hair is in top condition and my ends are thicker and that's what I have been working on the most, so I will be looking to have my goal of MBL achieved by Spring of 2010. I know I can do it....finally got the regimen for me!
I'm going to use the same pic because that's the only picture I have of a length shot that I've taken.

CarLiTa

Congrats ladies!!!!
Whether u made it or missed by a couple of inches, you all have beautiful hair!!!

LadyPaniolo

OK, I'm formerly known as Joyousnerd, now LadyPaniolo...

I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing my pics, lol. But I *did* join this challenge, and so for accountability's sake, I gotta come in and show my results.

See siggy.....

CurlyMoo

Thank goodness the date to post pics was extended. I had a serious mishap with my flat iron yesterday. I grabbed the wrong end and burned my hand. Ugh. I spent New Years Eve with my hand in a bucket of ice water. UGH! :wallbash:

I don't know if I actually made it but here are my pics:

January 2009

January 2010

Did I make it?

TexturedTresses

Thank goodness the date to post pics was extended. I had a serious mishap with my flat iron yesterday. I grabbed the wrong end and burned my hand. Ugh. I spent New Years Eve with my hand in a bucket of ice water. UGH! :wallbash:

I don't know if I actually made it but here are my pics:

January 2009

January 2010

Did I make it?

I would say you definitely made it