FINAL Update Thread: 2009 MBL Challenge!!!

shamarie

ok ladies
am i a few inches past bsl or am i mbl yet??

oh yea, you are there honey:lick::grin:

shamarie

I didn't make it to MBL, as you can see:

but after getting a good cut (1 inch last month), my hair is in top condition and my ends are thicker and that's what I have been working on the most, so I will be looking to have my goal of MBL achieved by Spring of 2010. I know I can do it....finally got the regimen for me!

I wish I had ur problem:lachen::lachen::grin::drunk::lachen:

plastic

im sorry , i have no pics ... but as u can see from my avatar I reached MBL very early in the year , i cut it to BSL and I reached it again in MAY... and now I have a pixie ... so i reached my goal ... yeaaaa

ImFree27

This is where I am now..I may make it..I'm not sure..what do you think?

From now until December, I will be on the wig challenge..washing and DC once a week and dusting before I wash..keeping my hair in 4 braids under the wigs and spritizing my hair with my (conditioner, oil, and water) every other day...

Attachments

• septhairupdate.jpg
    septhairupdate.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 73

crazydaze911

Dont stone me pls!

Call me hair anorexic b/c i have a trophy next to my name already but im NOT SATISFIED - lol. I want THICK FULL MBL hair, i think im just grazing with my V - the pic in LaCriollas siggy is like WHOA - i know mine doesnt look like that...

In any case, thats just so say im keeping one foot in this thread till Dec 31st to see if i can gain a bit more and to also check up on everyone else in the challenge. See ya in 3 months...

laCriolla

Dont stone me pls!

Call me hair anorexic b/c i have a trophy next to my name already but im NOT SATISFIED - lol. I want THICK FULL MBL hair, i think im just grazing with my V - the pic in LaCriollas siggy is like WHOA - i know mine doesnt look like that...

In any case, thats just so say im keeping one foot in this thread till Dec 31st to see if i can gain a bit more and to also check up on everyone else in the challenge. See ya in 3 months...

crazy daze, we are hair twins!! :yep: come back in here and claim your MBL with pride :grin:

Nice & Wavy

OMGosh, you hair is :drool: Do you have a regimen when it comes to the Ayurveda? Or any regimen of yours for that matter. Do you have a fotki? Please share. Looking at your beautiful ends, I know that I can give myself a good trim. I had been fighting myself not to. Are you natural? I hope I didn't ask too many questions. :yep:
Awww...thank you cuteness! :kiss: Yes, I do have a regimen that has me loving Ayurveda:

Wash once per week with Shikakai powder mix. I put it on my hair after I oil my hair with Vatika Oil overnight. I don't wet my hair....I put it on my hair dry and leave it on for about 1 hour then rinse. Then I use my shampoo bar from www.mehandi.com I use the Rosemary/Sage bar (I love this) and use it once. It makes my hair soft and moisturized.

Weekly I do a DC using a mix of Vatika Oil, EVOO, in my conditioner (Organix) or Joico. I do alternate a protein treatment (MT) with the Organix though.

Monthly I do a Cassia treatment and leave it on for about 3 hours...love this!

In between, instead of doing CW's everyday, I spray my hair with Mane n' Tail Detangler and use Dabur Amla Gold to seal. I don't comb my hair during the week, except for when I DC. I use my fingers to smooth my hair either in a bun or wear a ponypuff. At night, I have two braids and then wear my scarf at night.

That's pretty much what I have been doing and the results have been fabulous for me. :yep:

I dunno, but I am now allowing my hairdresser to cut my ends for me...seems like I don't have the problem with knots on my ends when she does it, but when I do it...always.:nono:

Yes, I am natural and have been since August 2006...so, that's 3 years for me :grin:

HTH:yep:

I wish I had ur problem:lachen::lachen::grin::drunk::lachen:
Awww...thanks so much girl! I'm sure you will get to where you want to be soon!

longhairlover

I just saw my name on the list ooops lol!!! my hair gave me issues the beginning of the year with my newly found thyroid issue, it's come back around hopefully by summer next year I can be mbl.

congrats to all the ladies that made it though.

princessnad

LOL didn't know I was in this challenge. I am weaved up and will not be making MBL this year so I don't have any pics.

audacity.

im sorry , i have no pics ... but as u can see from my avatar I reached MBL very early in the year , i cut it to BSL and I reached it again in MAY... and now I have a pixie ... so i reached my goal ... yeaaaa

congrats, plastic!!! :dance7:

now spill that reggie! :)

audacity.

I didn't make it to MBL, as you can see:
but after getting a good cut (1 inch last month), my hair is in top condition and my ends are thicker and that's what I have been working on the most, so I will be looking to have my goal of MBL achieved by Spring of 2010. I know I can do it....finally got the regimen for me!

yeah, N&W, your hair is :lick:

congrats on finding the perfect reggie! i know that makes a world of difference in the way your hair looks, feels and grows!

plastic

congrats, plastic!!! :dance7:

now spill that reggie! :)

Thanks for acknowledging me lol ....im the queen of no combing lol and that is how i kept my hair .. very low maintenance hairstyles and combing maybe once a month. I still washed and stuff .. just left the rat's nest alone

dream13

BUMP! Anybody else make MBL yet?

I'm 14 weeks post today, and I haven't seen much progess since my avi pic was taken in early Oct. But like another poster said, I'm giving myself until 11:59 on 12/31 :look:...:grin:.

nakialovesshoes

I knew MBL was a far stretch when I joined but I thought I would've at least made BSL by the end of the year. :nono:

When I put my cornrows in 3 weeks ago I was skimming BSB. I still have a long way to go. I can't blame anyone but myself. This curl was making me lazy - going to bed on cotton sheets w/no scarf. Not moisturizing properly. Allowing my hair to become a tangled mess. :ohwell:

However, if you're going to do a 2010 MBL challenge, I'm there.

I'm on a personal hide my hair challenge until my son graduates from high school in May 2011. I will be allowing myself 2 passes until then: 1 for my annual Labor Day trip with the girls & 1 for my h.s. reunion the following month.

Other than that my hair will be either cornrowed under a wig or in Urban twists.

Please post when/if you start a thread for next year.

BTW Congrats to all of the ladies that did make it or are even remotely close. :yep:

GabbanaGirl

First of all congrats to all of the beautiful ladies that made it!!! Or are close to making it!!! As for me, I haven't done a length check in a minute, but I doubt I will make FULL MBL by December 31rst. Past BSL yes (maybe???loll) but MBL nope, not gonna happen! I will definitely check in though, and let all of you see the progress that has been made! I have learned a lot from this board, so thank you guys for helping me get my hair back in shape!!

Marand13

I almost forgot I was in this challenge.. :look: lol

I have my hair in kinky twists now, so cant really show pics just yet so I will be back... I dont think that I made it there because I had a huge setback this year. But lets just keep our fingers crossed! :yep:

Good luck to everyone who participated though!! :yep: And CONGRATS to those who made it!! :)

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Yay to all the girls who made it!

I think I was really pushing it and was in the WL challenge this year. I am not going to be there by end of year. However, I will claim healthy MBL with really nice ends though (shoot I worked hard for it).

audacity.

*sigh*

how the challenge starter NOT gonna make the challenge goal?! :wallbash: :lol:

i'm pushing along, but realistically i don't think i'll be quite ready to claim MBL by the deadline. i'll definitely have lead hair hitting MBL, but claiming MBL??? naw. don't think i'll be ready for that until early spring...

i'll be doing a length check next week and that'll be the last for the year.

congrats to those who DID make it! there are certainly some beautiful heads of hair up in here! :clapping:

ebonimama

I made it, but with a horrible setback. The back of my hair was so matted and tangled from a jacked up braid out that it broke off up to apl. The rest of my hair is mid-back, but very thin. I am trying to catch the rest of my hair up by wearing pony's and banana clips. I should be a nice healthy even mid back by June 2010. Will post pics soon.

hillytmj

I made it, but with a horrible setback. The back of my hair was so matted and tangled from a jacked up braid out that it broke off up to apl. The rest of my hair is mid-back, but very thin. I am trying to catch the rest of my hair up by wearing pony's and banana clips. I should be a nice healthy even mid back by June 2010. Will post pics soon.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. :nono: I love your positive attitude, and stand in agreement with you that it will grow back nice and healthy!

SherylsTresses

I won't be able to post until end of Dec when I'm scheduled for a rollerset and flat iron roots. I hope that's okay. :look:

Last edited:

nakialovesshoes

*sigh*

how the challenge starter NOT gonna make the challenge goal?! :wallbash: :lol:

i'm pushing along, but realistically i don't think i'll be quite ready to claim MBL by the deadline. i'll definitely have lead hair hitting MBL, but claiming MBL??? naw. don't think i'll be ready for that until early spring...

i'll be doing a length check next week and that'll be the last for the year.

congrats to those who DID make it! there are certainly some beautiful heads of hair up in here! :clapping:
So will you be starting another thread for 2010? I should be full BSL before the summer & definitely MBL by the end of the year.

Galadriel

Congrats to any ladies who made MBL! I'm not doing a length check until nearly Christmas Day, but I know I'm not going to reach MBL in a couple of weeks :lachen::nono:

I'm really close to BSL though, and I've already signed up for MBL 2010 :yep:

I'll post my final pic though (around X-Mas week). Good luck to all!