Finally! A stylist who is not scissor happy!!!!!

Tai

I went to get a blow out yesterday (my last time with heat for the rest of the year). My ends were uneven but not split but I wanted to dust them. The stylist asked if I wanted to have my ends trimmed a little. I showed her how much I wanted cut. I was nervous because she was cutting my hair wet. Even though I know a lot of the women here don't like wet cuts, I had been told by a lot of curlies that their ends were better after a wet cut instead of a dry one so I took a chance.
She did the first snip and showed me how much she cut off. It was exactly what I told her to cut. Harlet, the stylist, worked quickly and didn't have to recut. The result was exactly what I wanted. A trim (approx 1/2 inch) that was actually a trim instead of a cut.
She even asked if she had cut enough once she was done. It was just perfect.
This almost never happened with my regular stylist. For the 10+ years I went to her, almost every "trim" ended up with me losing anywhere between 2-5 inches.

I'm just thrilled to finally have a stylist who isn't scissor happy.

Tene

That's good you had a great experience, I hope I have one since I'll be going to a new stylist.

laketta

Congrats Tai. But don't get too comfortable. Make sure she keeps doing it that way. That's how they get you coming back, then they start acting up. I've been tricked like that before.

MizAvalon

That's great Tai! It's so wonderful when you find one that does what YOU SAY and not what THEY WANT.

kitchen_tician

[ QUOTE ]
lakettab said:
Congrats Tai. But don't get too comfortable. Make sure she keeps doing it that way. That's how they get you coming back, then they start acting up. I've been tricked like that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

True Lakettab

Congrats on your trim Tai' !

I love that feeling of going to a stylist and knowing that when they do trim it not too much. I cant belive your last stylist and the 2-5 inches, I would have cried.

lovelymissyoli

Re: Finally! A stylist who is not scissor happy!!

I know the feeling. I just found a stylist who let me see what see was cutting just to make sure it was what I wanted. Congrats, you didn't suffer unecessary length at the hands of a shs.

Tai

[ QUOTE ]
Ar010 said:
I love that feeling of going to a stylist and knowing that when they do trim it not too much. I cant belive your last stylist and the 2-5 inches, I would have cried.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were times when I did cry but I was normally too mad after I saw my hair. I normally wanted to
her more than I wanted to
She was still better than any other stylist I had gone to before.