Finally got touch-up after almost 19 weeks!!!!!!!!

UmSumayyah

Gonna hit the door and say "BAM!/images/graemlins/weird.gif Now where's the turkey? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Finally got touch-up after almost 19 weeks!!!!

Now I know you didn't just post all that without a photo!!!!!!!!

I'm glad it went well for you. Congratulations. I'm feeling you on the tangles. I went 16 weeks the last time. Honey, NEVER again. Tangle woes? You put it nicely. You know you wanted to /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

That's how bad my comb out was by the stylist. Whew--I'm shaking at the memory.

Congratulations again. Please post pics soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Julia

supergirl, what do you mean by tangles? I recently went 4 months without a touch up but I do not recall any tangles. Do you mean with the relaxed or new growth?

Thanks /images/graemlins/look.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Girl,

The new growth and the relaxed were tangled. I'm a 4a/b so I guess going that long just doesn't work for me. But then again, Adrienne is a 4a/b and she can do it. Guess it's an individual thing. I hope I answered your Q.

Julia

Hi Brownie,

Congrats on your touch up and your new growth! I am happy for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I had a touch up at the end of February with a new hairdresser and she used Design Essentials (D/E) also. I did a lot of research on this product and it seems to be really good. She swears by it. Unfortunately she used the No-Lye/Low Lye version on my hair and I did not know this at the time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I called her back two weeks later to give her an update on my hair and I just happened to ask, more so to confirm that it was a Lye relaxer that she used and then she told me it was Low-Lye! I just about had instant heart failure. I was sooooooo freaked. But she says it is not a problem she can use the Lye-based relaxer the next time. She used the sensitve scalp on me because I told her that I burn easily. But my hair does seem healthy and I think I will stick with D/E. They also have some good products so you can check out thier website at http://www.designessentials.com if you have not already done so. I am currently using D/E STIMULATIONS Super Moisturizing Conditioner and D/E 3-DIMENSIONS Conditioning Styling Lotion. I love the conditioner it has peppermint in it and so it is very soothing and stimulating. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Julia

Thanks. I wonder if I was tangled and did not even notice it lol! Does that make sense? Could I have missed it?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

No, you didn't miss it. If you'd had them, you would have known. TRUST ME! You may have just had some "normal" tangles. But maybe you can provide me with some tips on stretching out a relaxer. .. That would be really cool /images/graemlins/smile.gif

C

Cami

Girl, I'm so proud that you could wait that long! It's been 10 weeks since my last relaxer-I'm trying to wait 15 weeks. The less chemicals you put on the hair, the better off you'll be!

Allandra

Sounds like you had a nice salon visit.

BTW, if she had to add something to the relaxer, it was probably a no-lye relaxer. Is your hair used to no-lye relaxers?

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Brownie said:
I can run the comb through my hair and nothing comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is great news. /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

You are so right! My stylist did what she had to do. She worked for about an hour just getting tangles out. I could tell she was being careful and trying to save hair, She told me I would lose some hair and I'm sure I did. But it wasn't enough to concern me, because I couldn't even tell. As I went through the torture, I couldn't hear or feel my hair snapping. It felt really strong at the roots and I'm going to attribute that to the vitamins.

My hair came out pretty straight. It had a teeny weeny, little wave in it but it's not even detectable and the only reason I notice it is probably because it's my head.

I'm going for 12 weeks this time. I've safely done 12 before...

pooh123

I thought I was the only one that went through this every 8-week retouch. I call myself getting out all the tangles beforehand but my stylist ALWAYS finds tangles. /images/graemlins/mad.gif It hurts so bad!! It doesn't help that I'm tenderheaded either. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've got to do a better job of getting those tangles out. /images/graemlins/whip.gif

Jenai

Sorry to hear about the hair loss, but wow three inches is still a lot of growth. Congrats on the length gained.

Julia

Soo sooory I missed responding to this sooner.

Basically before this board, I would wait 12 weeks before getting a touch up. Now I go for 4 to 5 months. All I do is use hot oil treatments and deep condition every week. Towards the 12th week, I predominately use castor oil for my hot oil treatments and I also use a castor oil based hair moisturizer (especially on my new growth.) Apparently this is supposed to strengthen the new growth and stop breakage. I also wear my hair in the twist out style and spray with a curl activator where water and glycerin are the top two ingredients every night before I twist my hair and go to bed. This keeps my new growth really moisturized and soft.

HTH, Happy Growing

Julia

Thanks girl. I agree, stretching out relaxers can only improve the health of your hair. I heard that using Castor oil based products on the new growth helps you to strengthen and stretch out your touch ups...

Lucia

Congratz Brownie,
whatever your doing, keep doing it, cause it's working.
if you don't mind, maybe you could post your regime ?
u grow girl

ngaa

congrats on yo touchup and pliz post yo family's responce at christmas dinner and wudnt be surprised if u have a yo hair's a weave discussion soon wit them

G

if uve got it, flaunt it! I do it all the time. The only problem is that I can't just flaunt and walk away... I always want to start sharing hair recepies, discuss the lastest protein conditions and hair regimes.. then the gals with the jackedup hair offer up some excuse as to why they have bad hair and I have good hair ... go figure

They see it, they like, they want it, they don't do it, so don't come crying to me when you don't have it!