Finally I made PEACE with my hair!!! (long)

AphroDiva

Finally I can say I made peace with my hair!!!!!I Is long, beautyfull and shinny!!I used to have it so short (like a little boy) frizzy and dry...plus the color made it look the worst (medium blonde).
I desided to instead taking color away from hair, adding color. So I went dark, a brown auburn. I am taking prenatal vitamins, drinking lots of water!!! and doing conditioning washes. I really love my hair!! I give intensive continioning treatments to my hair and use a lot of Infusiun 23. I use SHEA Butter (pure, unrefine) to massage my hair. My hair grew from 1 inch from my scalp, to pass my sholder in one year and 1 month
The point of this message is for this:
I used to cut my hair so short embarrassed of my "BAD" hair, like girls with straight hair used to call it. That was the only way I could go "undercover". Years of being embarrased by the girls with silky shiny hair. But one day A ray of light came to wake me up!!! Wait a moment!!! This are the same girls that try to culr their hairs with perms, rollers, and wear the same boring hair dos all the time.....Curly hair is like a diamond, a luxury!! Is what define us and make us stand out! We spend tons of dollar to keep it beautiful, straight hair is a $aving.
GIRLS!! Be proud of your curly hair! Is a blessing from God!
No matter what type of curls you have, keep searching for that perfect hair product, the perfect regimen, you will find it, don't give up!! LET IT GROW!!!!!and at the end it will pay back.
I am so Inspired!!!! Now i get compliments of my hair every where I go! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Hi AphroDiva,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's great that you've been able to make peace with your hair. That's the first step towards beautiful hair. Getting compliments on your hair is a good sign that you are moving in the right direction. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

You were embarassed of 2C hair? I mean no one should be ashamed of their hair texture, but 2C is wavy and very easy to straighten I can't imagine anyone calling 2C hair "bad". I'm /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Amethyst

AphroDiva said:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
GIRLS!! Be proud of your curly hair! Is a blessing from God! No matter what type of curls you have, keep searching for that perfect hair product, the perfect regimen, you will find it, don't give up!! LET IT GROW!!!!!and at the end it will pay back. I am so Inspired!!!! Now i get compliments of my hair every where I go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto everything you've said! I remember saying to God that I wanted to see what He did with my hair. How He intended it to be. September 2002 was when I started my journey and I've never looked back since /images/graemlins/wink.gifI'm happy that you're happy about your new found freedom /images/graemlins/smile.gif I encourage you to continue to walk in it 'cause I know I'm enjoying mine /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amethyst

hairfanatic

That is FANTASTIC AphroDiva! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am so happy to hear about your wonderful journey. Thank you so much for your inspirational story. I too am natural and have the same feelings you have about my hair.