FINALLY MY HAIR IS GETTING THICKER

Edie

Well ladies, as you know my hair grows very fast with the amount of biotin I am taking, but the thickness left a lot to be desired. I am a victim of too tight braids (I wore a weave for two years and I tell you it took a lot of hair out around the perimeter of my hair (and I do mean a lot). Well I stopped the weave last November, bought myself a wig and just started caring for my hair myself. My doctor has put me on a huge amount of biotin (12mg a day for my diabetes control) and my hair growth is fast like 1.5 to 2 inches per month. But needless to say those spots that had gotten thinned out by the braids was not coming back until recently. I looked in the mirror two weeks ago at the thin areas and I thought my imagination was deceiving me when the thin spots did not seem as large as they did before. Well I checked again last night and Thank God, I have new hair finally growing in. I am so grateful to God. The new changes that I have done in the last couple of months have been doing spearmint oil massages on my scalp prior to washing in a natural shampoo blend of shikakai, amla and neem powder (now you ladies you scorned the post about the F.A.S.T shampoo, don't yell at me, but I bought the shampoo and conditioner). After leaving the natural shampoo on for about 15 minutes I then add the F.A.S.T shampoo, cover my hair with a plastic bag and cover it with a hot towel for about another fifteen minutes. I then rinse it all out and apply the F.A.S.T conditioner for 15 minutes. Now I can't say that this has caused new hair to come in. I have used the natural shampoo powders before and I never had new hair coming in from using them, so your guess is as good as mine. I only know that I am so happy, that the hair is growing back in.

P.S. I cut off 2 inches of hair and now am at 14 inches. So If I can have it thick and long, so be it.

Nacai23

Wow! Good for you

soulchild

I just love reading posts like this. I'm really glad for you Edie
Hopefully my hair will start to thicken up a bit in the front as well. So you use spearmint? Is that similiar to peppermint? And you don't have any problems with leaving the shampoo in that long?

itismehmmkay

[ QUOTE ]
My doctor has put me on a huge amount of biotin (12mg a day for my diabetes control) and my hair growth is fast like 1.5 to 2 inches per month.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow!! that is indeed awesome...wounderful motivation I must say

I, too, would like to know what is special about the spearmint oil that you chose.

mspretty

Congrats!
I wish to be able to come on her one day and say the same for I face the same problem of having length but no volume/thickness!

Edie

Soul child,

Spearmint is similar to peppermint in it's properties. I know it really opens up the pores and they stay open for at least an hour (tingling like you would not believe).

Edie

Soul child, the shampoo (both natural and the F.A.S.T does not try my hair out. The natural shampoos are scalp conditioners in themselves and I think they make the scalp really receptive to the amino acids in the shampoo I guess.

My daily vitamin regimen is as follows

12 mg biotin (puritan pride and freeda)
1000mg L-Cysteine
1000mg Calcium
Ultra Hair Plus Vitamins
Hydrolized Collagen Tablets
B-100
3000 mg Vitamin C
MSM 3000mg
Silica 1 tab per day
Gentle Iron (solgars) 25 mg
Methionine amino acid 500 mg per day
Zinc 50 mg
DHEA 25 mg everyother day ( a lot of women could use this supplement. A deficiency can cause the loss of hair. I have only been taking this for about 2 weeks though)

I know its a lot. But I divide the does up into 3 different doses thru out the day.