Finally! Secret to beautiful hair and happy scalp- for the once-a-week washers

macherieamour

Like a lot of people who dont wash their hair everyday, around days 4-7 I start to get an itchy scalp which becomes progressively worse as the days go on. But I hate scratching my head because it bad for the scalp and hair. But as a 4a/b with really thick annoying hair who works in a stiff corporate enviornment ( one of those straight hair only places-boo), I simply cant co-wash and air dry. For years, doing my hair has been a sat/sun ritual and I just learned to suffer for those last few days when my scalp was itchy and my hair looked (and smelled) dirty. Well, I finally found a solution to this discomfort. I know Im always hawking Keracare products but this really really works.

I had an old bottle of Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp Conditioner. One week, after exercising 3 days a week, my scalp was intolerable. I washed with my usual Keracare shampoos and applied the conditioner. The tingle was great but the smell was horrible. Considering I had a date later that night, I rinsed out the conditioner and applied an ample amount to my hair and deep conditioned as per usual. I rollerset and wrapped.

Ok, I went 7 full days and did not scratch my head once. I forgot I was even supposed to wash my hair come Saturday morning. In addition, my hair look super hydrated, shiny and bouncy allllll week long. I didnt have the greasy,limp " I need to be washed look" I usually have thursday and friday. It was sooo nice that when I told my mom I was getting ready to wash my hair she was "NOOOOOO-its look like u just washed it". In addition, the scent lasted 6 out of the 7 days. People would walk behind me on thursday and say "wow-your hair smells great". My roots werent greasy or oily all week either.

I didnt change anything else in the routine so it def had to be the Dry and itchy conditioner followed by Humecto. So, if you want a super comfortable wash week, I would def give it a shot. I cant really help with the hydration you get with con washing but Keracare Conditioning Headdress really helped me retain moisture and absolutely was the only headdres Ive ever tried that didnt weigh down my hair all week. I just had soft, shiny, bouncy, great smelling hair all week long. So happy-just had to share. :grin:

morehairplease

macherieamour I had to laugh at this thread b/c when I started reading it I was scratching away girl!;) my hair itchy SO much! I will def. purchase that dry & itchy scalp poo....lord knows my hair needs it!

macherieamour thanks SO much for this thread!

macherieamour said:
Like a lot of people who dont wash their hair everyday, around days 4-7 I start to get an itchy scalp which becomes progressively worse as the days go on. But I hate scratching my head because it bad for the scalp and hair. But as a 4a/b with really thick annoying hair who works in a stiff corporate enviornment ( one of those straight hair only places-boo), I simply cant co-wash and air dry. For years, doing my hair has been a sat/sun ritual and I just learned to suffer for those last few days when my scalp was itchy and my hair looked (and smelled) dirty. Well, I finally found a solution to this discomfort. I know Im always hawking Keracare products but this really really works.

I had an old bottle of Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp Conditioner. One week, after exercising 3 days a week, my scalp was intolerable. I washed with my usual Keracare shampoos and applied the conditioner. The tingle was great but the smell was horrible. Considering I had a date later that night, I rinsed out the conditioner and applied an ample amount to my hair and deep conditioned as per usual. I rollerset and wrapped.

Ok, I went 7 full days and did not scratch my head once. I forgot I was even supposed to wash my hair come Saturday morning. In addition, my hair look super hydrated, shiny and bouncy allllll week long. I didnt have the greasy,limp " I need to be washed look" I usually have thursday and friday. It was sooo nice that when I told my mom I was getting ready to wash my hair she was "NOOOOOO-its look like u just washed it". In addition, the scent lasted 6 out of the 7 days. People would walk behind me on thursday and say "wow-your hair smells great". My roots werent greasy or oily all week either.

I didnt change anything else in the routine so it def had to be the Dry and itchy conditioner followed by Humecto. So, if you want a super comfortable wash week, I would def give it a shot. I cant really help with the hydration you get with con washing but Keracare Conditioning Headdress really helped me retain moisture and absolutely was the only headdres Ive ever tried that didnt weigh down my hair all week. I just had soft, shiny, bouncy, great smelling hair all week long. So happy-just had to share. :grin:

macherieamour

Thanks guys :) I had to share. I understand the itchy head plight. Dont forget the conditioner. I think thats the most important part. I had the poo and it was working ok...but the conditioner....ugh Im in love. I only left it on for like 10 minutes. And my hair didnt even look dirty all week. Ugh! In love!

devin

i know i am way late in reading this post, but did you apply the dry and itchy scalp con. first and let it sit for ten min and then dc with your reg con.?

macherieamour said:
Thanks guys :) I had to share. I understand the itchy head plight. Dont forget the conditioner. I think thats the most important part. I had the poo and it was working ok...but the conditioner....ugh Im in love. I only left it on for like 10 minutes. And my hair didnt even look dirty all week. Ugh! In love!

CarLiTa

it's funny, i washed my hair Sunday afternoon, and it still VERY moisturized but my scalp was itching a lot today. I kept telling my friend that I felt like going home and wash my scalp. I was going to wash it tonight but I have too much homework (so what am i doing on here then? :look: ) and i decided to just wait till Friday.
I'm glad you found something that works. For me, I oil the scalp and that helps me go an extra day or two.

hot_pepper96

I actually have this conditioner but I've never tried it. The shampoo washes out all gunk out of your hair. For me, Sulfur 8 grease helps my scalp but I have to do it at no later than 2 days after wash.

PinkAngel

I totally agree with macherieamor.....I too suffer from dry & itchy scalp. Years ago I began to see a dermatologists and was prescribed 3-4 different types of shampoos. I didn't finally get relief and control of my scalp until I was prescribed Nizoral. This worked excellent for about 2-3 years. Then suddenly it just stopped working. A year ago I started using Design Essentials Itchy Scalp Shampoo & Conditioner along with the Super Charge conditioner. The results were unbelievable ;) You can imagine my excitement knowing my scalp was again under control. After 3 months of using the Design Essentials, the BSS where I was purchasing it didn't get anymore in, but they had Kera Care. So I tried to Kera Care dry & itchy scalp shampoo along with the conditioner and of course the silken seal. I'm proud to say, my scalp is still under control. :p Kera care will be my number one choice FOREVER!!!!

lonei

Does anyone else use Keracare dry and itchy products, if so what are the results? Do you have to use it each wash to combat the flakes for good?

SohoHair

I use the Dry and Itchy Shampoo and follow it up with the Hydrating Detangling Poo. My whole family uses it actually and they love it. It works really well, it gives my head a nice cool tingly feel which I think means that it's working:lol: . I wash every 5-7 days and my scalp is still itch and flake free by the next wash day. I don't use it every time I wash, sometimes I'll use the 1st Lather instead, but I do feel as if it's greatly contributed to the health and happiness of my scalp.

gradygirl

I use the Dry & itchy scalp shampoo and it has helped with my flaky scalp but I still get the itchies by day 4 maybe the conditioner will help me out the rest of week until wash day. I'll give it a try. Thanks

KiniKakes

Wow, Ive never even used any Keracare products.... but that testimonial was so great I may have to check it out. My roller set is for sure looking weighed down and flat by the end of the week, esp if Ive used any oils in it!

Thanks for posting this!

Isis

Thank you Macherieamour for sharing this! My scalp itches too after the third day which for me is time to wash. What you discovered sounds like a good, healthy way to extend that time. I'll add this to my list and check it out.

macherieamour

WOW this post is a blast from the past! I still do this routine and it still works 4 months later. My scalp doesnt itch and my scalp isnt on fire anymore when i get a relaxer:)

I know im always promoting Keracare products (im starting to bore myself over here:lol: ) but this really did help my scalp condition:) Its happy and healthy!

naturaline

macherieamour said:
WOW this post is a blast from the past! I still do this routine and it still works 4 months later. My scalp doesnt itch and my scalp isnt on fire anymore when i get a relaxer:)

I know im always promoting Keracare products (im starting to bore myself over here:lol: ) but this really did help my scalp condition:) Its happy and healthy!
i used the humecto this week for the first time- i hair loves it! iv just washed my hair with UBH conditioner mixed with toni & guy anit-frizz con. then i added keracare leave-in, its feeling goood so far!

macherieamour... can i use humecto every wash or should i rotate?

pyxis777

This is going to sound stupid: Where do you buy Keracare products? Online? Or can you find them in a retail store?

naturaline

pyxis777 said:
This is going to sound stupid: Where do you buy Keracare products? Online? Or can you find them in a retail store?
you should check your local bss. their usually more expensive on the net.

hth

sareca

pyxis777 said:

JCPenny's salon sales Keracare here in Tejas.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread Lonei. My head has been itchin' up a storm so I picked some up. It worked like a charm. I didn't totally stop the itching, but it's tolerable again.

Last edited:

sweetcashew

Macherieamour, you should be a Keracare spokes-model. You're pretty and your hair is testimony for their products. Plus you really believe in their products.

Taya

So you used the dry & itchy scalp poo then followed w/humecto to dry & itchy scalp conditioner? Sorry, I was paying attention I just got so excited, that I got confussed on the conditioner part.(lol) I started taking some hair vitamins( folicure) and my scalp has been itchy but no flakes. I thought maybe allergic reaction but the scalp looks fine. I put sulfur 8 on it and it helped some. I do use Affirm relaxer and from time to time some of keracare products. So I'll try it.

macherieamour

yeah, I use the shampoo first and then apply the conditioner to the scalp and let sit for like five mins while I finish bathing. I then rinse it out and apply Humecto to the strands.

If you try it, lemme know how it works for you:)

SandySea

Thanks for sharing the advice. I've really been thinking about buying Keracare products again. I love my current products, but I remember how soft my hair was and how nice the texture when I used Keracare. I referred several friends and family members to their line after their inquired about the products that I used. I think I may just splurge this weekend.

sky_blu

My Review

Picked up my Keracare and this stuff is exactly what Ive been looking for. The poo and con makes my scalp feel so tingly and my hair smells and looks great. I didnt leave the con as long as directed because I didnt know it had to be left on that long but my scalp is not as sore as it was before. I still have some itching but the main thing is my scalp isnwt sore like it was. I also picked up the Itchy Scalp Glossifier aka hair grease :lol: and that also helped.