finally some progress....

beana3

yes yesterday i gulped and washed my hair. I used creme of nature green bottle, i washed using lisa akbari's method (this is REALLY helpful to my scalp) used the last of my aphogee and let it harden for about 20 mins, rinsed used Tropical advacado conditioner afterwards w/heat for about 5 mins and let it cool for 10 mins, theni rinsed and used some hask placenta leave in (which was not really all to smart b/c its a protein leave in and i just did a protein treatment) so then i applied soem carrot creme by hollywood beauty and detangled... well, not really, I had no tangles!! I lost probably 5 hairs!!!! and i blew dry my roots with some WGO and lett the rest air dry in a bun, and my roots are STRAIGHT, I'm really experiencing a texture change, my roots are soooo soft. i dont know what to attribute it to, but my root texture is defintely diiferent. maybe its the vits or maybe the heat that made me see my hair for what it truly is..anywho im happy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlkMane

Don't you just love the Tropical Avocado? /images/graemlins/grin.gif Have you been using it for a while?

Congratulations on being tanglefree! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ennyaa

Congrats on your progress! I always sweat when it's wash time cuz I think I'm gonna lose too much hair (even though I know I'm SUPPOSED to shed that doesn't help.) That's part of the reason I'm wearing twist extensions for the next month or so.

BUT let me just say I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose hair is doing a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde since I started taking care of it. I got my hair "texturized" this past Friday (my hairdresser explained it was just the same lye relaxer she always used on me left on for a shorter amount of time.)
But after 8 weeks of growth the texture was not the kinky unmanageable stuff that I remember. It was mostly just wavy. Even my stylist commented on how full my hair was and how it was growing. She told me not to come back for another treatment for 12 weeks! There was a time when I would be horrified at that. Thinking that my hair would look terrible by then. Now I'm just excited to see what my texture will do next.
So what is it really? Is it all the vitamins? The conditioners? Or maybe it's that smelly "BBQ sauce" lol. I don't know but I sure do love it.

TsAngel

Yea, ladies, don't hold back.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Where can we find this? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tsangel

Yea where can this tropical creme be found. The only place i ever seen it in was in the Dominican Republic where i bought a surplus of the Wheat Gluten one(green jar) and the carrot one. I love both. i used them as a deep conditioner even though thats not what it is <font color="purple"> </font color>

beana3

well the advocado can be found at practically ALL beauty supply stores, its inexpensive also. Its usually in the Dominican section of hair products, I have a big green tub with white writing on it.. i purchased it for $3.50