Finally Straightened my Natural Hair!

bermudabeauty

I finally straightened my 4a/3c hair! I went to the salon to get it done because I have read what seems like hundredes of threads on how to straighten my natural hair and I just didn't see myself taking so many steps, and hours of straightening. So I paid $50 to the stylist and she hooked me up!

She washed and conditioned my hair with Design Essential products. She rubbed in some leave in prior to blowdrying my hair. Thank God I'm not tender headed because it felt like she was ripping my hair out with that hand held dryer with comb attachment. :grin: She then pressed my hair then curled my ends with a marcel curling iron that you put in the ceramic stove. She followed up with a little finishing oil and hair spray.

I look like I have a relaxer! I'm so impressed! Now that I know I can have straight hair too...I doubt I will ever go back to a perm! Hope you natural ladies find my short story helpful.

P.S. I am presently 6 month post bc. 9 months post relaxer. (click on pics for larger view)

from this...
hair3.jpg

to this...
hair4.jpg

hair5.jpg

bermudabeauty

I cut my hair in that style. IMO made it easier to style the hair. She just curled my hair with the marcel curling iron with the "U" of the iron facing up to get the curls. I hope that makes sense Chebaby.

laurend

You might want to detangle before you do so she won't rip through your hair.

Last edited:

Addy3010

Wow i remember not to long ago looking at your many TWA styles you posted. Your hair looks great. Its looks so soft and shiny, and silky.

nikki2229

Your hair looks great both ways but I am loving the texture shot.
She got your hair really straight, it looks like relaxed hair.

bermudabeauty

Its been 4 days since I got my hair pressed and it is still hanging stong. I hope I can keep my hair like this for two weeks. I also hope my curls will come back when I wash it. I think they will since I took a hot shower this morning and my roots feel like it did when I needed a touch up back in the day when I was relaxed.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I love your hair natural and straightened! The waves are gorgeous and the the press and curl is sexy and cosmopolitan. You've got great versatility with your hair!