Financial Breakthru Thread & Prayers

mscurly

Thanks for bumping. I really need this thread in my life right as I keep facing the same financial challenges over and over.

stephluv

Bumping :bump: :bump: :bump:

I want and need more!! Began faithfully tithing and if I miss giving I do add the extra 5% The enemy is trying to discourage me as I've been financially struggling but I made a vow that I tend to keep I just consider my financial woes motivation to do better i.e. begin applying for a new job with more pay lol

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I have been seeing this message over and over after I wondered why I'm always so broke. First it was one of my random thoughts: How am I supposed to expect God to bless me, when I don't even take care of the little bit of income I have? Then I read it in a few books (21 Day Financial Fast and 7 Money Mantras by Michelle Singletary and (The Storehouse Principle by AL Jandl) and now I'm seeing it here lol. The verse is Luke 16:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." I hear you Lord. I asked him to reveal it to me in plain terms because he knows I can be a little dense sometimes lol. I have not been managing my money well. I sat down the other day to tally some old receipts (I think it was a month's worth) and it was over $200 worth of Walmart, Walgreen's, fast food, etc., and I really don't get that much money. I was spending out of hurt and whatnot. I'm so glad that I found this thread.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
1 Corinthians 2:9 says that eyes have not seen what God has prepared for those who love Him. Living paycheck to paycheck is not new, we've seen it. Making a living instead of living out your purpose is nothing new under the sun either. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says we have to live by faith and not by sight. Often times we are so influenced by what we see around us, thinking commute - job - home - sleep - rinse & repeat until 65 years old is the only way, but God says not so. It's important to tap into the deepest parts of you so God can reveal to you what your heart truly desires (Psalm 37:4).

Lucia

I have been seeing this message over and over after I wondered why I'm always so broke. First it was one of my random thoughts: How am I supposed to expect God to bless me, when I don't even take care of the little bit of income I have? Then I read it in a few books (21 Day Financial Fast and 7 Money Mantras by Michelle Singletary and (The Storehouse Principle by AL Jandl) and now I'm seeing it here lol. The verse is Luke 16:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." I hear you Lord. I asked him to reveal it to me in plain terms because he knows I can be a little dense sometimes lol. I have not been managing my money well. I sat down the other day to tally some old receipts (I think it was a month's worth) and it was over $200 worth of Walmart, Walgreen's, fast food, etc., and I really don't get that much money. I was spending out of hurt and whatnot. I'm so glad that I found this thread.

Have you checked out Dave Ramsey 7 baby steps on YouTube, and podcasts and his basic budget plan every dollar it's an app and it's free another helpful tool is mint.com and mint bills once your register your info you can pay most bills from the app or the online page. again both apps are free and very helpful in tracking spending meaning budgets getting reminders and bill paying. Now I don't agree with Dave on the credit cards completely I do believe to pay the, down using the debt snowball method, but I need credit for a big purchase like a home just keep the card use in check 30% and I'm keeping my cards instead of cutting them. I'm still in snowball mode and not where I want to,be yet but still working on it.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Have you checked out Dave Ramsey 7 baby steps on YouTube, and podcasts and his basic budget plan every dollar it's an app and it's free another helpful tool is mint.com and mint bills once your register your info you can pay most bills from the app or the online page. again both apps are free and very helpful in tracking spending meaning budgets getting reminders and bill paying. Now I don't agree with Dave on the credit cards completely I do believe to pay the, down using the debt snowball method, but I need credit for a big purchase like a home just keep the card use in check 30% and I'm keeping my cards instead of cutting them. I'm still in snowball mode and not where I want to,be yet but still working on it.
Absolutely. I use Mint and Prism. I've become more conscious of my spending now. Thanks dollface.

Maracujá

Here are some of my money beliefs that have been working for aeons. I started working at age 15 and I've never had more than €1000.00 of debt. Here's what I attribute it to:
  1. Give abundantly, while helping someone in need: this can be anything from buying groceries for the elderly to helping a woman out in need who is going through a hard time financially. Or paying for someone at the cash register who doesn't have enough money.
  2. Acquire a buy-it-once-mentality: buy quality items only. Especially this day in age when there's so much fake stuff going around. Quality saves in the long run because you don't constantly need to get it repaired or replaced.
  3. Give away for free (what you don't need anymore) or sell it on Ebay: sometimes I just place things right in front of my front door and 1-3 hours later when I go outside, it's gone. Obviously there is a need.
  4. Use a cheap phone until you can afford an expensive one: not so long ago I was at the railway station here in Ghent. An Indian man - I think he was Indian - came to me and asked me if he could use my phone to dial someone and I accepted. He had a smartphone while I have one of those cheap €20.00 phones from back in the days, yet I always have credit and he apparently doesn't. Looks can be deceiving.
  5. Spend money on what truly matters: where you live, what you eat and what you wear. I much rather spend money to live in a safe neighbourhood, buy quality food that keeps me healthy enough to be able to work and wear quality clothing that lasts for decades. It saves in the long run.
  6. Keep your rent & utility bills below €1000.00/month. Living below my means has been a lifesaver, I live on less than half of my income. Keep in mind that I am single.
  7. Be patient: there is a time for everything, including things you should buy / own. Being in a hurry will not help you at all. We all know the stories of people who spend more time at the garage with their car or people who moved in somewhere and constantly need home improvement work done.
  8. Keep things until they no longer work or you no longer need them.
  9. Study your spending behaviour. The past is a good indicator of the future.
  10. Listen to personal finances podcasts / YouTube / books / blogs.
BONUS: Paul C. Brunson once said that until you know what you value, you will always ask yourself "where did my money go?" at the end of the month. How you spend your money should showcase what you value and where you're going in life.

alex114

I believe that God has placed it in my and my husband's destiny to buy a house in the coming 2 years. We are working to become debt free (not including student loans), so that we will be eligible for JD advantage loans (for me, since by God's everlasting grace, by October 2019, I will pass the bar, and by early 2020, I will be sworn into the New York Bar officially.) I am praying for clarity and righteousness in the financial decisions we are making, as each one made this summer and fall carries very high stakes.

Lucia

Here are some of my money beliefs that have been working for aeons. I started working at age 15 and I've never had more than €1000.00 of debt. Here's what I attribute it to:
  1. Give abundantly, while helping someone in need: this can be anything from buying groceries for the elderly to helping a woman out in need who is going through a hard time financially. Or paying for someone at the cash register who doesn't have enough money.
  2. Acquire a buy-it-once-mentality: buy quality items only. Especially this day in age when there's so much fake stuff going around. Quality saves in the long run because you don't constantly need to get it repaired or replaced.
  3. Give away for free (what you don't need anymore) or sell it on Ebay: sometimes I just place things right in front of my front door and 1-3 hours later when I go outside, it's gone. Obviously there is a need.
  4. Use a cheap phone until you can afford an expensive one: not so long ago I was at the railway station here in Ghent. An Indian man - I think he was Indian - came to me and asked me if he could use my phone to dial someone and I accepted. He had a smartphone while I have one of those cheap €20.00 phones from back in the days, yet I always have credit and he apparently doesn't. Looks can be deceiving.
  5. Spend money on what truly matters: where you live, what you eat and what you wear. I much rather spend money to live in a safe neighbourhood, buy quality food that keeps me healthy enough to be able to work and wear quality clothing that lasts for decades. It saves in the long run.
  6. Keep your rent & utility bills below €1000.00/month. Living below my means has been a lifesaver, I live on less than half of my income. Keep in mind that I am single.
  7. Be patient: there is a time for everything, including things you should buy / own. Being in a hurry will not help you at all. We all know the stories of people who spend more time at the garage with their car or people who moved in somewhere and constantly need home improvement work done.
  8. Keep things until they no longer work or you no longer need them.
  9. Study your spending behaviour. The past is a good indicator of the future.
  10. Listen to personal finances podcasts / YouTube / books / blogs.
BONUS: Paul C. Brunson once said that until you know what you value, you will always ask yourself "where did my money go?" at the end of the month. How you spend your money should showcase what you value and where you're going in life.
Number one has changed my finances in the biggest way. I tithe now regularly and it really does multiply your financial blessings.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
WELP!!!! The LORD DID IT!!!

I am debt free! This job that I considered a curse was really a financial blessing. I received bonus payouts, that most don’t receive at this job (annual bonus and a retention bonus (long story)). This allowed me to pay off ALL OF MY DEBT!!!! My car and credit cards.

Again, I considered this job a curse but my blessing was in this curse.

I’m just waiting for my student loans to be discharge (yes all $200k). Watch God do it. I’ll be back with another testimony on that score.

PLUS!!! God is so good! I was just offered a new job. All glory to God!!

Maracujá

Has anyone ever transitioned from a weekly wage to a monthly salary? How did you handle it and cope with it? TIA.

awhyley

Again, I considered this job a curse but my blessing was in this curse. I’m just waiting for my student loans to be discharge (yes all $200k). Watch God do it. I’ll be back with another testimony on that score.

You were placed in that position to hone your skills, leverage your salary, and pay your bills. Now that that's done, it's time to move on.

PLUS!!! God is so good! I was just offered a new job. All glory to God!!

Hopefully, you'll get more perks and more exposure. Blessings.

Has anyone ever transitioned from a weekly wage to a monthly salary? How did you handle it and cope with it? TIA.

Nah, mine was the reverse from monthly to weekly, and I LOVE it! Transitioning to monthly takes patience and adhereing to the budget. You don't get that cheque every week, and it's easy to run out of money before the month is up.