Financial Prayers: Anyone Who Lost it All or Blew it Away...for You

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is for encouragement; no judgment, no chastisement, no condemnation. God loves you and says it's okay, He wants to redeem all that was lost. And God never lies nor will He ever.

I made a promise to post a prayer for finances by the end of this weekend.
However, I had to ask the Lord to give me a prayer and a message to share with you .

As I was typing this message, I saw 'someone' (unknown) with their face bowed into their hands, with a heavy heart sadden by a mistake that they made with a money decision. Please know that EVERYONE makes financial mistakes... everyone. To this person, please do not blame yourself any further. God loves you.

This is the message He placed into my heart. I pray that this blesses you.

The story of the Prodigal Son: Luke 15:11-31

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.

15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!

18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

---------------------------------

Okay, about this scripture that I shared above:

Each of us has been a prodigal in some form or another. But God loves us so very, very much that He kept us alive and well through it all. While we were in the prodigal state, God still took care of us, but why...

Notice how God still protected the prodigal son throughout his journey 'away' from the Father who loved him so. Again... but why?

The son was in total rebellion; he demanded to do as he chose to do which was in total opposition and resistance to what was right and best for him. In the course of his 'distance', he spent / lost 'All' that he had.

Why, during this estrangement from his Father did God keep this son alive and allow him to return home? Why so? Why?

The answer...

Because his blessings were not over. Although the son has spent all that he had taken with him, God still had a host of blessings yet to give unto to this son, in spite of his errors in spending, God still had more to give him.

Just like the Father of this prodigal son, who ran to greet his son's return home, who put a ring on his son's finger and a fine robe upon him and had his servants prepare a great meal of celebration....

God has this very same for you. Yes, He does.

I can sense that there are many who feel unworthy, some who have spent or lost all (whether by unwise decisions, or as victims who've been robbed). Yet, God still has a treasure stored for you which contains far more than you have ever lost or given away. And all because He loves you and has kept you alive thus far in order to bless you and not condemn you.

From your experience, your lesson, He knows that you will do better. You will now safeguard all that He gives you in redemption. He will not push you away in anger nor contempt, nor mistrust, but instead, God will run to greet you, sweep you up into His arms and embrace all that there is about you. God will place a ring of love upon your finger and a fine coat of linen to cover you, even more, God is sealing you in His love forever.

Forgive yourself and allow God to bless you with the treasures He has still in store for you. Let God's new beginning for you....'begin'.

Let His love for you be the end of your regrets and sorrows. Stop bruising your soul, beating yourself for mistakes past made; allow God to be the 'keeper of all that you have, in His control'.

Like the other brother who 'stayed and obeyed', there may be some who feel you are not deserving of another chance; not deserving of redemption. Much of this will come by way of negative thoughts brought on by guilt, shame or exhaustion. However, let them go for you have become brand new in the sight and in the heart of God's love for you.

Let God bless you and keep you for it is God's decision and no one else's to bless you beyond your mistakes. All because of you being worth the love in His heart for you.

Prayer :Rose:

Dearest Father: Thank you for healing and restoring the lives, the hearts, the finances of all of those who have made mistakes and unwise financial decisions.

Bless them with your presence and your redemption allowing them to begin again, debt free, worry free, and free from being in exile again. Help them to forgive themselves as you have loved and forgiven them.

We've 'all' been there in one form or another. It is your grace that has brought us through with all things paid in full and anew.

Thank you for your love and all that you are to us. In this we pray,

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

:Rose:

Love,
Shimmie

Divine.

This is beautiful Shimmie. I can relate to this post so much. I made some poor financial decisions and now I must come to terms with them. Instead of stressing, I am hopeful that God will redeem me. I pray agreement with you.

Shimmie

Staff member
This is beautiful @Shimmie. I can relate to this post so much. I made some poor financial decisions and now I must come to terms with them. Instead of stressing, I am hopeful that God will redeem me. I pray agreement with you.

divine,

God's not through blessing you. :love2:

LoveisYou

This is for encouragement; no judgment, no chastisement, no condemnation. God loves you and says it's okay, He wants to redeem all that was lost. And God never lies nor will He ever.

I made a promise to post a prayer for finances by the end of this weekend.
However, I had to ask the Lord to give me a prayer and a message to share with you .

As I was typing this message, I saw 'someone' (unknown) with their face bowed into their hands, with a heavy heart sadden by a mistake that they made with a money decision. Please know that EVERYONE makes financial mistakes... everyone. To this person, please do not blame yourself any further. God loves you.

This is the message He placed into my heart. I pray that this blesses you.

The story of the Prodigal Son: Luke 15:11-31

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.

15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!

18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

---------------------------------

Okay, about this scripture that I shared above:

Each of us has been a prodigal in some form or another. But God loves us so very, very much that He kept us alive and well through it all. While we were in the prodigal state, God still took care of us, but why...

Notice how God still protected the prodigal son throughout his journey 'away' from the Father who loved him so. Again... but why?

The son was in total rebellion; he demanded to do as he chose to do which was in total opposition and resistance to what was right and best for him. In the course of his 'distance', he spent / lost 'All' that he had.

Why, during this estrangement from his Father did God keep this son alive and allow him to return home? Why so? Why?

The answer...

Because his blessings were not over. Although the son has spent all that he had taken with him, God still had a host of blessings yet to give unto to this son, in spite of his errors in spending, God still had more to give him.

Just like the Father of this prodigal son, who ran to greet his son's return home, who put a ring on his son's finger and a fine robe upon him and had his servants prepare a great meal of celebration....

God has this very same for you. Yes, He does.

I can sense that there are many who feel unworthy, some who have spent or lost all (whether by unwise decisions, or as victims who've been robbed). Yet, God still has a treasure stored for you which contains far more than you have ever lost or given away. And all because He loves you and has kept you alive thus far in order to bless you and not condemn you.

From your experience, your lesson, He knows that you will do better. You will now safeguard all that He gives you in redemption. He will not push you away in anger nor contempt, nor mistrust, but instead, God will run to greet you, sweep you up into His arms and embrace all that there is about you. God will place a ring of love upon your finger and a fine coat of linen to cover you, even more, God is sealing you in His love forever.

Forgive yourself and allow God to bless you with the treasures He has still in store for you. Let God's new beginning for you....'begin'.

Let His love for you be the end of your regrets and sorrows. Stop bruising your soul, beating yourself for mistakes past made; allow God to be the 'keeper of all that you have, in His control'.

Like the other brother who 'stayed and obeyed', there may be some who feel you are not deserving of another chance; not deserving of redemption. Much of this will come by way of negative thoughts brought on by guilt, shame or exhaustion. However, let them go for you have become brand new in the sight and in the heart of God's love for you.

Let God bless you and keep you for it is God's decision and no one else's to bless you beyond your mistakes. All because of you being worth the love in His heart for you.

Prayer :Rose:

Dearest Father: Thank you for healing and restoring the lives, the hearts, the finances of all of those who have made mistakes and unwise financial decisions.

Bless them with your presence and your redemption allowing them to begin again, debt free, worry free, and free from being in exile again. Help them to forgive themselves as you have loved and forgiven them.

We've 'all' been there in one form or another. It is your grace that has brought us through with all things paid in full and anew.

Thank you for your love and all that you are to us. In this we pray,

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

:Rose:

Love,
Shimmie

When I read for "those who have been robbed" I discerned that it's more than being physically robbed by another human being but also robbery from the enemy. Remember the enemy comes to "steal, kill and destroy" but Christ came to give us life MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Thank you so much for your prayer Shimmie. Your obedience to God is indeed a blessing!

ElegantElephant

ThanksShimmie. I've made financial decisions that affected my family's livelihood. Thanks for posting this as I realize I need to forgive myself in an effort to move forward.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you this way truly a on time word just for me

When I read for "those who have been robbed" I discerned that it's more than being physically robbed by another human being but also robbery from the enemy. Remember the enemy comes to "steal, kill and destroy" but Christ came to give us life MORE ABUNDANTLY.

Thank you so much for your prayer Shimmie. Your obedience to God is indeed a blessing!

Oh I need this prayer. I am focused and steadily paying off debt.

Thanks@Shimmie. I've made financial decisions that affected my family's livelihood. Thanks for posting this as I realize I need to forgive myself in an effort to move forward.

GodsPromises, LoveisYou, LovelyLouboutin, ElegantElephant,

God loves each of you so much. He has kept you through it all and has kept each of you here for He is not through loving and blessing you.

To your 'New Beginnings'... :Rose:

God has a beautiful plan for each of you; an 'Open Door' which no man can shut. In Jesus' name, Amen.

PureSilver

I loved the original post. I'm been slowing trying to find my way back to Grace I just need to rid my life of the toxic elements that keep holding me back from enjoying the riches, peace and wholesomeness that a relationship with Christ brings.

Shimmie :flowers: have a blessed week.

Shimmie

Staff member
I loved the original post. I'm been slowing trying to find my way back to Grace I just need to rid my life of the toxic elements that keep holding me back from enjoying the riches, peace and wholesomeness that a relationship with Christ brings.

@Shimmie :flowers: have a blessed week.
PureSilver...

Your screen name speaks volumes. God sees you this way in His heart. His Grace has arms open wide to embrace you and to never let you go.

I wish you a blessed week and beyond as well. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Praying for those in business. You can begin again. The mistakes of the past are not your destiny. You have God's Grace to begin anew.

Divine.

Today I woke up feeling so heavy due to the weight of the financial hole I dug myself into. On my way to work, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to send me to a source of comfort and hope. I read this thread before, but this time it felt more personal.

I heard the story of the prodigal son before but I never felt like I could relate to it. I always viewed it in its literal sense: Child leaves parent and spends everything. Child comes back home to parent. I never related it to my Father in heaven.

Verse 22 did my heart in. Even when we make mistakes, our Father is still ready to clothe us with the very best. He will never turn his back on us. I am not worthy of that kind of grace :cry: Thank you again for this thread Shimmie. Almost a month later, it's still a blessing.

Shimmie

Staff member
Today I woke up feeling so heavy due to the weight of the financial hole I dug myself into. On my way to work, I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks. I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to send me to a source of comfort and hope. I read this thread before, but this time it felt more personal.

I heard the story of the prodigal son before but I never felt like I could relate to it. I always viewed it in its literal sense: Child leaves parent and spends everything. Child comes back home to parent. I never related it to my Father in heaven.

Verse 22 did my heart in. Even when we make mistakes, our Father is still ready to clothe us with the very best. He will never turn his back on us. I am not worthy of that kind of grace :cry: Thank you again for this thread @Shimmie. Almost a month later, it's still a blessing.

Divine.

Did you notice that I spelled your name the correct way this time? That's because you always forgave me and continued to give me another chance. :yep:

Thank you for letting this message bless you. I asked God to give me the words to share and He did, so the message is truly His, letting each of us know...

God always loves us back into His loving arms and embraces us, restores us and makes things all brand new. :love2:

:grouphug2:

blah54

I been feeling stupid for mistake I did dont know how im going to recover but it was random how I saw this prayer thanks

Shimmie

Staff member
I been feeling stupid for mistake I did dont know how im going to recover but it was random how I saw this prayer thanks

blah54...

With God's love, nothing is ever random. He loves you and is working all things together for your good.

:bighug:

zora

I was just coming in here to ask for prayer and discernment for a new position that will allow me to grow more financially independent, advance my career and most importantly allow me to spend more (mentally, physically and spiritually) time with my family.

Wow, what a thread and how timely. Thank you for starting this thread.

Shimmie

Staff member
I was just coming in here to ask for prayer and discernment for a new position that will allow me to grow more financially independent, advance my career and most importantly allow me to spend more (mentally, physically and spiritually) time with my family.

Wow, what a thread and how timely. Thank you for starting this thread.

zora

Thank you for sharing your heart. Gods loves us so much. No matter how many times I have fallen, His loving heart picks me up to start all over again.

For you, I pray.... In Jesus" Name, Amen and Amen