"Find posts by user" search function not working for me

VinDieselsWifey

When i go to "advanced search" then "search by user name" you have 2 options, "find posts by user" or "find threads started by user". every time i try to "find posts by user" it always searches as "find threads started by user". i have tried it both ways and it only searches one way for me. i have had this problem for almost a year now. i submitted about 3 tickets in the past but it has not been resolved. the person kept telling me about doing a basic search. i tried explaining to them that i know how to search on this board, i've been a member for almost 7 years. this function is just not working for me.

AlekHidell

This might sound obvious, but are you selecting "show results as posts" in the bottom left in advanced search?

VinDieselsWifey

This might sound obvious, but are you selecting "show results as posts" in the bottom left in advanced search?

i tried it that way & it is still just showing the threads that are actually started by a user and not all of the threads they have posted in a forum. for example i know i have posted in more than 22 threads in the ET forum, but when i search using my name it only shows the threads that were started by me....

thanks anyway