Find your hair twin anyone?

Jobwright

Would anyone be interested in finding your hair twin? I searched and found some older threads but not sure if those people are still around or since then decided to change their texture chemically or removed the chemicals from their regimen. In order to find your twin, I think we would need to identify the following first. My hope is that I can find someone with hair similar to mine so I can continue to learn and have fun on this journey. Of course, everyone's hair is different but finding someone who's hair properties is similar to mine may help me and hopefully help someone else in regimen and product selection. So here we go!

State of hair (relaxed, natural, texlaxed, BKT, etc)
Hair type (3_, 4_, etc)
Density (thin, medium, thick)
Strand size (thin, medium, thick)
Porosity (low, normal, high)
Products your hair loves (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc)
Products your hair hates (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc)
Typical style (twists, braids, extensions, weaves, wigs, roller set, flat iron, blow dry, air dry, buns, etc)
Current length
HHJ goals

Did I miss anything? If you are interested, reply with your answers and if you want, post a photo of your hair wet and/or dry.

Jobwright

I'm RELAXED
4b crown, 3c nape
Medium Density
Thin strands
Normal porosity
My hair loves Cowashing with Tresemme Naturals, Vatika oil, EVCO, jojoba oil, black tea is great under my DC but not alone, honey is great under my DC as well
My hair cannot handle a lot of protein but an every 6 week Aphogee 2 min works well, EVOO doesn't seem to do anything for my hair but make it hard, no good experience with AVJ yet
I roller set weekly, but it lasts all of a day, then it's pinned up or bunned up
I'm currently SL
I want BSL bad! I want my roller sets to last longer than a day, thicker density and soft, NOT OILY, but moisturized hair that is bouncy and full.

Attachments

• image-1041895641.jpg
    image-1041895641.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
State of hair (relaxed, natural, texlaxed, BKT, etc) Natural

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc) 4a/4b Bit of 3c in the nape
Density (thin, medium, thick) thin/medium...i am on the lower density side...my braids look pitifully scalpy

Strand size (thin, medium, thick) on the thin/fine side

Porosity (low, normal, high) normal

Products your hair loves (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc) My hair is not picky. It likes lotiony products like Hairveda Whipped Cream Ends Hydration. It also likes thicker creams like Bee Mine Luscious or Elasta QP Olive & Mango Butter. Milks tend to be too thin. Any oil is good for my hair. I like to use grapeseed, olive oil, coconut oil, and sunflower oil to seal and prepoo. I also love butters for my ends.

My hair likes medium/milk protein every couple of weeks like Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin or Silk Dreams Mocha Silk. It can handle AO GPB every week w/out a moisturizing dc afterward.

Products your hair hates (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc): Not much.

Typical style (twists, braids, extensions, weaves, wigs, roller set, flat iron, blow dry, air dry, buns, etc): Twists in my own hair pinned up. My hair likes to be detangled while dampened with water/oil with my fingers and gently with a seamless comb.

Current length: Almost BSB/BSL

HHJ goals: Length retention and health

ETA: I have some texture shots in post 48. Do I have a hair twin out there? :)

Last edited:

Jobwright

You're not my hair twin Froreal3 but she may be our there. You have a pretty solid regimen. Thanks for coming in and sharing! Anyone identify with Froreal3?

LexiDior

Here is mine:

State of hair Relaxed
Hair type 3C/4A
Density Thick
Strand size Thin/Medium
Porosity Normal
Products your hair loves Moisture, Butters, Oils
Products your hair hates Henna
Typical style Braids or Bun
Current length Shoulder
HHJ goals I want to grow my healthy relaxed hair to APL. I also stretch for about 15-18 wks at a time.

Jobwright

Jobwright Henna dries out my hair and makes it hard, I also had breakage from it. I use ORS and I am bone straight.

I think we may be super close cousins. My density is not thick and my hair gets oily very easily. But everything else checks out. How do you use butters and not be oily/greasy though? Is it because you have very dense hair?

LexiDior

I think we may be super close cousins. My density is not thick and my hair gets oily very easily. But everything else checks out. How do you use butters and not be oily/greasy though? Is it because you have very dense hair?

Jobwright

When I use butters, its the only thing I use. I normally do all this at night so when I style in the morning, my hair isnt weighted down or hard. My hair eats up anything with moisture in it.

EnExitStageLeft

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc):
Texturized/Texlaxed Type 4

Density (thin, medium, thick):
Thick(HIGH)

Strand size (thin, medium, thick):
Thin (FINE)

Porosity (low, normal, high):
Normal to High

Products your hair loves (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc)
I'm a hardcore PJ (trying to transition into staple hauler but thats beside the point) so I won't go into products. But I will say that my hair loves both moisture and protein, butters, some Ayurvedic ingredients and tea rinsing :love:.

Products your hair hates (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc)
CONES! For my fine porous strands they're the debil :yep:

Typical style (twists, braids, extensions, weaves, wigs, roller set, flat iron, blow dry, air dry, buns, etc)
I love air drying! I do it 99% of the time, even before blow drying:).
I also love to bun, rollerset, flat iron and the occasion braid out. I'm thinking about testing the curly set waters, but we'll see in due time.

Current length
Full BSL, inching towards MBL

HHJ goals:
Thicker strands :pray:.....WL :pray:.....and HL<-----This is mostly wishful thinking but there is nothing wrong with a sista' havin a dream :grin:.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Natural

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc)
3B/3C

Medium

I say fine but Komaza says Medium

Normal

My hair luvs anything moisture & protein, coconut oil (any oils), any teas for tea rinse, and hendigo and ayurvedic powders.

My hair isn't too fond of butters (they weigh it down) so I've learned to use small amount. Also my hair for some reason does not like Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (it makes it greasy)

My typical go to style has been the twistout. I also wear wigs but bc of summer heat in Texas just been wash n go or twistouts.

Current length
SL

HHJ goals
My HHJ goal is just to have healthy BSL when its not stretched and in its natural state.

Last edited:

candie19

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc):
Texturized/Texlaxed Type 4

Density (thin, medium, thick):
Thick(HIGH)

Strand size (thin, medium, thick):
Thin (FINE)

Porosity (low, normal, high):
Normal to High

I'm a hardcore PJ (trying to transition into staple hauler but thats beside the point) so I won't go into products. But I will say that my hair loves both moisture and protein, butters, some Ayurvedic ingredients and tea rinsing :love:.

CONES! For my fine porous strands they're the debil :yep:

I love air drying! I do it 99% of the time, even before blow drying:).
I also love to bun, rollerset, flat iron and the occasion braid out. I'm thinking about testing the curly set waters, but we'll see in due time.

Current length
Full BSL, inching towards MBL

HHJ goals:
Thicker strands :pray:.....WL :pray:.....and HL<-----This is mostly wishful thinking but there is nothing wrong with a sista' havin a dream :grin:.

We're not twins but we're related! Our hair is the same except my strand size is thick.
What are you doing to reduce shedding? I'm 12 weeks post and I'm trying to hold out until November.

Duchess007

Froreal3 I don't know if we're twins, but maybe sisters...

State of hair (relaxed, natural, texlaxed, BKT, etc) Natural

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc) 4b in the crown with a halo of 4A and 3C (very loose in the front)

Density (thin, medium, thick) medium

Strand size (thin, medium, thick) thin

Porosity (low, normal, high) medium/high

Products your hair loves (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc) I haven't used a lot of products. I cowash with VO5 faithfully. Otherwise, I use homemade mixes with aloe vera juice, oils, butters, eggs, silk, and honey, which keeps the curls defined and moist. My hair loves, leave-ins with coconut oil, moisturizing sprays with avocado oil and aloe, whipped butters (especially with shea, cocoa, and mango), henna, apple cider vinegar, herbs/teas, and clays/mud.

Products your hair hates (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc): Using Eco styler made my hair extremely dry, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Typical style (twists, braids, extensions, weaves, wigs, roller set, flat iron, blow dry, air dry, buns, etc): I usually put my hair in microbraids (with added hair). When not in micros, I'm usually in 2-strand twists.

Current length: Not quite full APL

HHJ goals: Healthy (unstretched) MBL

image-3258637010.jpg

image-84208592.jpg

image-891002784.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^ Duchess007...our textures are kind of similar. You have way more hair than I do and your curl looks slightly looser...or your texture may be a bit silkier.

faithVA

Would be amazing if I had a hair twin. Oh where, oh where are you :lol:

State of hair (relaxed, natural, texlaxed, BKT, etc) :Natural
Hair type (3_, 4_, etc)
Current length
HHJ goals

Jobwright

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc)
Current length
HHJ goals

Share your stats Faith. She may be looking for you too!

faithVA

Hair type (3_, 4_, etc) : 4b/4a

Strand size (thin, medium, thick) :medium

Porosity (low, normal, high) : low porosity

AO Camellia/Blue Chamoile;
As I Am Product Line,
Purabody Sapote
4 Naturals products
Terresential Mudwash
Not Much :look:

Products your hair hates (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc) :
oils, butters, hair milks, black tea rinses, henna

Main style: 2 strand twists on wet hair

Current length : NL

HHJ goals: WL

Will post pictures when I get a minute. Have pictures in my blog and in my album. Will get a picture of my hair wet.

summertimewine

*sips tea*
State of hair: I am natural
Hair type: I am type 3B
Hair Density: Medium
Strand size: Thick as heck!
Porosity: Normal/High
Products your hair loves: AOHSR, Aphogee 2 min, EVCO, EVJO, KCKT, KCCC. My hair enjoys light butters such as shea.
Products your hair hates: My hair doesnt like HEHH, Castor Oil, EVOO, Aloe Vera, Baggying!
Typical style: Wash n go! My last protective style were yarn braids and they made my ends so dry I had to cut .5 inches.
Current length: Since my cut I am at shoulder length
HHJ goals: To keep these ends feeling nice, my short term goal is to reach a length where my hair starts falling instead of growing out!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130902_153441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130902_153441.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 76

summertimewine

*sips tea*
Thank you so much Jobwright! I figured a picture would help too, even though thats a three day old wash n go! Hopefully someone in here gets a twin, hopefully it will encourage our lurkers to come out...

NaturalEnigma

State of hair (relaxed, natural, texlaxed, BKT, etc): Natural
Hair type (3_, 4_, etc): 4a/b
Density (thin, medium, thick)- medium
Strand size (thin, medium, thick)- fine
Porosity (low, normal, high)- Normal I guess
Products your hair loves (moisture, protein, butters, oils, teas, Ayurvedics, etc)-
My hair likes light products that can easily be absorbed in to the hair.
Aubrey Organics conditioners, Kimmaytube's recipe, coconut oil, Shescentit pumpkin seed oil, apricot seed oil, EO Smooth Conditioning Serum, Shea moisture coconut and hibiscus shampoo and milk, Oyin handmade hair dew, Aphogee two minute, Keratin Spray and essential oil, cold water rinses, tea rinses make my hair hard

Cones, avocado oil, Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream, Shescenit Jojoba Hemp conditioning shampoo, Rosemary high on the ingredient list, overnight DC, too much protein, anything on the scalp, leaving it in a puff, going too long without a trim
twists and buns
Current length: Armpit

Igotstripes

Super cool!

- Natural
- type 4a and 3c I think
- Density: medium
- Strand size: medium
-Porosity (low, normal, high) : not to sure anymore, it was low, then I thought it was high but now it just seems fine :/
- Products your hair loves: moisture, protein, shea butters, oils, products of lotion consistency.

The Shea moisture black soap condish is my fav leave in. I also like castor oil and grapeseed oil. Shea butter is my butter of choice. I have a moisturizing protein treatment ill edit when I get up and see the name. Fav DC are by hairveda and phytospecific

Products your hair hates: Ayurvedics

Typical style: twists
Current length: collar bone
HHJ goals: I would ultimately like to be waist length but shorter term I want to be armpit length by my birthday in march. I think I might make it sooner but that's only the nape

MsJamerican

State of hair: Natural

Hair Type:
-Fia's Hair Typing System: 3c/4a-F(Fine)-N(Normal)-ii(Normal)-Medium Hair. Since I'm multi-racial I have combination hair, from straight strands (randomly spread thought my head) to curly/coily. Has a natural shine (not Sheen), with S curls, Corkscrew Curls and Coils. Normal Porosity. Fine/Medium Stands, Medium Density and Soft.

-Andre's Hair Typing System: I am the exact description of 3c but my curl size is between 3c and 4a. If there was a 3d hair type my curl size would be that.

-My hair can't hold curls and when I flatiron it stays flat with no body to it at all. Silky, grows down, can't hold twists well enough

Density (thin, medium, thick): Medium

Strand size (thin, medium, thick): Fine and Medium

Porosity (low, normal, high): Normal to High

Products your hair loves:
Bentonite Clay w/ only vinegar added
Kynx: Miracle Kink Cream (only during summer or humid weather. has glycerin)
Curls: Lavish Curls Moisturizer (only during the summer or humid weather. has glycerin)
Vatika Coconut Oil (Pre-Poo)
Jamaican Black Castor Oil (Scalp Oil when needed and added to deep conditioner)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Pre-Poo)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (added to deep conditioner)
Aloe Vera plant/leaf infused Filtered Water (Spray Bottle)
Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz 100% Rescue (Moisturizing Conditioner with added oils)
Pure African Unrefined Shea Butter (the yellow one)
Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor (Protien Conditioner)
CHI Silk Infusion
Henna
Caramel Treatment (Homemade)
Knot Sauce (Glycerin free leave-in cream for the winter or dry weather)
Hair Sorrell (Glycerin free leave-in liquid for the winter or dry weather)
Filtered Water
Ayurvedic Powders
Quantum Chelating Shampoo (for scalp only. used only when in box braids)

Products your hair hates:
Terressentials (Dry/Breakage/Straw like feeling)
Co-Washing (Build-up)
Paul Mitchell's Skinny Serum (Not effective)
Nexxus Luxxtress Leave-In (not effective)
Too much protein (breakage)
Tea Rinses (straw feeling/dry)
Combs (breakage)
Brushes (breakage)
Tap Water (causes film like coating/dry)
Blow Drying (breakage)
Sodium Hydroxide (dry/breakage/film like coating)
BodiPHier (dry/dull looking)

Typical Style: Box Braids w/ extensions

Current Length: Around 10 inches

HHJ Goals: Classic Length (U Shape or Blunt Cut)

*~I hope I was detailed enough~*