Find your hair twin!

SleekandBouncy

We can all share specific tips and advice that can apply to everyone, but I find with products sometimes it seems like certain heads of hair just prefer certain products. I thought it might be fun to list your hair type/details and which products you love and hate. Then everyone can find their hair twin so when we post reviews or product raves we instantly know if the product is likely to work for us. It'll also cut down on PJism. We can even use the new LHCF feature and add our hair twins to our Friend list so we can always keep an eye out for product raves :grin:

I'll go first:

My hair: 4a/b, fine-medium textured hair, tangly and prone to dryness. Almost mid back length, soon to be cut to bra strap.

Favorite Products:

Elucence Moisture balance
Salerm 21
Alter Ego garlic hot oil treatment
CON
Keracare detangling shampoo
ORS hair mayo

Products I hate:

MOST STUFF, I have weird hair :nono:
Keracare Humecto - Shocking I know, but it had zero affect on my hair.
Motions moisture plus
Nexxus Humectress conditioner
Neutrogena triple moisture conditioner and treatment
Silicon mix, apretadora olive oil conditioner
Paul Mitchell skinny shampoos and conditioners

prospurr4

My hair: texlaxed 4b, fine-medium strands, thick density, almost BSL.

Favorite Products:

Motions line (CPR Reconstructor, Lavish Poo, Moisture Plus DC & Leave-in)
EVOO
Proclaim Heat Protectant
VO5 Conditioners
Castor Oil

Products I hate:

Nothing, so far. I stick with the above-listed products, and my hair is happy. I am so NOT a product junkie.

MissScarlett

Oh wait, i am susposed to be posting my products? See the hair forum is like name/rank/hair regimen...........

I'm 3a/3b-I'm 100% natural and have been for 4 years.

I use Redken, Infusium 23, Ion Products, Nexxus and TIGI Bedhead products. I also like cheap stuff like Sunsilk and Garnier Fructris in the summer when I strictly CO-wash.

I haven't mastered rollersetting yet but I do use heat once every two weeks in the fall/winter months with blowdrying:nono:and the flat iron. I also use caruso's when I want bouncy curls.

Shell4624

Great thread. I would love to find a hair twin... my twin can help with product recs and my newbie'ism!

But first I need to figure out my hair type. How did you all go about determinining your hair type?

I am relaxed.. hair is shorter.. cheek bone length in front and neck length in back...damaged.. dry not taken care of at all... until I found this site... I am not babying my hair more than ever!!!

Michelle - in dry a$$ Denver, CO