Fine Hair Relaxed Ladies

Kayluv

For all the ladies that have fine relaxed 3c/4a hair, do you find that you need extra protein to keep it strong. I was wondering if I should use more light protein in my regimen as I have a tendency to shed. I don't usually pay much mind to this as I have always had this tendency and my hair still grows. Thoughts?

gymfreak336

Absolutely. Fine hair needs more protein. I like the joico kpak line, aphogee 2 minute, and any other quick reconstructor.

FocusLady

i'm newly relaxed. I have been using Mane and Tail as a leave in for the last week. I love it and I notice the big difference. My hair would shed so much when I was natural and I just couldn't get the hang of it. So I relaxed a week ago Saturday and have been using MNT twice a day since (morning and night before bed). My hair is strong and I love it.

Aspire

I use a LOT of protein for my fine hair. If i did not, practically melt due to the moisture it needs to stay healthy. My regimen includes MT, almost nightly (mine is mixed with oils) and an avacodo once/month. When I use heat, I use the aphogee line, both 2 step and 2 min (2 min with every wash and 2 step once/month) in addition to the green tea keratin spray. For me, my fine hair needs a LOT of moisture and therefore a LOT of protein to keep it balanced.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I use a light to medium protein weekly. AO GPB is the absolute best! My hair hates protein, but absolutely adores this conditioner! :D

sxytia07

interesting...i consider my hair fine and protein causes lots of shedding for my strands...i'm a moisture person actually until right before and after my relaxers...

i haven't used heat in over a year so maybe that's why i'm ok with needing more moisture...hmmm...

simcha

I've found I need to keep a good balance. I've been using Mixed Chicks and it seems be the right amount of moisture and protein.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I use Aphogee 2 min every week and the 2 step every 8 weeks. It makes my hair strong and I love it.....

newflowers

I use protein weekly but discovered the key to making this step work for me is the type of protein - hydrolyzed keratin and silk peptide powder blended into my conditioners work because the molecules are of a size to penetrate the hair shaft. It took me a really long time to learn the difference between proteins and the ones that work best for me.