finger combing?

Black Hoya Chick

i have been doing it during my cowashes the last couple of days and love it. i was gonna use my shower comb every 3 days but as my hair doesn't tangle as much now that I don't use shampoo, i don't seem to need it as much.

so now i was thinking about using the shower comb only when i clarify, which is whenever i feel like its time to.

so yay or nay for finger combing?

vnaps

i am still deciding on this......

i have started combing my hair (shower comb) on wash days (once a week) and finger combing the other days.....because i reasoned i havent seen much groth because of combing everyday

i think i still get shedding/breaking hairs even if i finger comb.....its been crazy for the last week or so....

but that could also be attributed to me washing less....i dont know.....

i didnt get that much shedding at all yesterday so i think i will continue and see how i go.

so for now i would say YAY!!!!

LivingDol1

i find that i have less hair come out when a finger comb... and when my hair is dry, that's totally fine. i need to use a wide toothed comb when my hair is wet. i use a seamless one, so i don't feel too bad about it. i don't see a ton of breakage but i do get shed hairs and i figure that if they come out, well, it was time for them to come out!

and i cannot detangle with my fingers alone...

either way combing is just bothersome but something that must be done. yay on fingercoming dry hair.

Nonie

YAY! I love to feel my hair in my fingers and find the my fingers can sense when a knot might form so I can take it slow and separate the strands carefully. If I were combing, I might just yank through clumping coils that were becoming compact by the movement of the comb and rip through a knot. Fingers sense this and slowly stretch the coil to easily separate the strands.