Fingercomber angled bob unit

Fhrizzball

Has anyone tried their new wig yet? I can't seem to find any reviews on it yet it's sold out as of this moment. I'm on the hunt for a type 4 wig to get into and from the success of their other units I figured I'll give this one a try.

http://fingercomber.bigcartel.com/product/the-angle-balanced-unit

HoneyBadger

I have the urban bob which I LOVE. The texture on this seems more defined than the urban bob which is a good match for my hair when I do a twist out on stretched hair.

faithVA

[USER said:
HoneyBadger[/USER];19144149]I have the urban bob which I LOVE. The texture on this seems more defined than the urban bob which is a good match for my hair when I do a twist out on stretched hair.

Did you have to thin her out or cut her down? Is she a very big wig?

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
tashboog
faithVA

Just an FYI - The shipping for this company is notoriously slow. Every single youtube review for the fingercomber unit said it took 2 months to get the wig.

I ordered the Angled Bob wig and the Kinky Blow out on 10/5. I emailed the company on 11/1 and asked about the status. They emailed back on the same day and said they had to follow up with their shipping department. I haven't had an update yet.

In all honesty, I fully expected it to take two months to get my wigs, but I put reminders on my calendar to follow up in case I mess around and forget.

I think it's a bit shady to offer the wigs again when the previous sold out quantities haven't been sent out yet.

faithVA

tashboog
faithVA

Just an FYI - The shipping for this company is notoriously slow. Every single youtube review for the fingercomber unit said it took 2 months to get the wig.

I ordered the Angled Bob wig and the Kinky Blow out on 10/5. I emailed the company on 11/1 and asked about the status. They emailed back on the same day and said they had to follow up with their shipping department. I haven't had an update yet.

In all honesty, I fully expected it to take two months to get my wigs, but I put reminders on my calendar to follow up in case I mess around and forget.

I think it's a bit shady to offer the wigs again when the previous sold out quantities haven't been sent out yet.

Thanks for the heads up. I will put a reminder on my calendar as well. I can wait 2 months since I don't plan on wearing it until after the New Year.

Hopefully, their taking new orders means that yours will ship this week.

Let us know if you get notice that it's shipping.

If she was a smart business owner, she would add to the description that each order is handmade after ordered, that it takes 2 months and another 2 weeks to ship. Not sure why people don't do the little things.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
tashboog
faithVA

Crackers Phinn can you please review the wig once you finally receive it? I'm curious to find out how thick this wig is? Thx

g.lo

I want one so badly,that is just too pretty. Shame they don't have my colour, i am a no 4, want to cry.

Fhrizzball

She's back in stock. I just bought a dark espresso one.

Man guys, I was going to order this along with the fingercomber unit to save on shipping but they're down to two colors already so I went ahead. My hair is recently colored but I've been missing my black hair so I got it in darkest expresso.

faithVA

Man guys, I was going to order this along with the fingercomber unit to save on shipping but they're down to two colors already so I went ahead. My hair is recently colored but I've been missing my black hair so I got it in darkest expresso.

My hair is a 4, but I like my wigs in darker colors. When I bought hair that was a 4 it always looks dusty to me :lol: I color my hair a #2.

Crackers Phinn

Hopefully, their taking new orders means that yours will ship this week.
Let us know if you get notice that it's shipping.

The bolded is my only beacon of hope that mine may be moving soon.

I'll update this thread when anything changes.

Crackers Phinn can you please review the wig once you finally receive it? I'm curious to find out how thick this wig is? Thx

Will Do!

I had been trying to order the Fingercomber Unit for 6 months. I swear she makes 3 of them at a time and they sell out the second the site is updated.

Fhrizzball

The bolded is my only beacon of hope that mine may be moving soon.

I'll update this thread when anything changes.

Will Do!

I had been trying to order the Fingercomber Unit for 6 months. I swear she makes 3 of them at a time and they sell out the second the site is updated.

I emailed and heard that she may be having the Fingercomber back in stock sometime next week so I'll be having my eyes glued to the site to make sure I don't miss out.

Crackers Phinn

Fhrizzball
faithVA
tashboog

I just checked facebook and fingercomber is not responding to any emails. One person got their unit and said it was thinning at the crown and doesn't look like the ad photo.

I emailed the vendor again last week but after reading these comments I'm just going to put in a paypal dispute and get my money back. I didn't mind waiting but none of this smells right.

faithVA

[USER=8092 said:
Crackers Phinn[/USER];19220681]Fhrizzball
faithVA
tashboog

I just checked facebook and fingercomber is not responding to any emails. One person got their unit and said it was thinning at the crown and doesn't look like the ad photo.

I emailed the vendor again last week but after reading these comments I'm just going to put in a paypal dispute and get my money back. I didn't mind waiting but none of this smells right.

Do what you have to do. I'm not going to panic yet. Since it is on my credit card I'm covered. I will give it a little more time to see what happens.

sweetcapri

I ordered the very first unit she had and was so dissatisfied. I never wore it the hair texture was awful.
Then I ordered the Havana twist hair after that and had too take my braids out in 4 days because I had a allergic reaction to the hair my scalp burned and I had to scratch every other second and that's with washing and conditioning the hair before installing. Fingercomber will never get another dime from me No matter how nice these new wigs look. There is also a thread were I posted pics of my wig I just can't find it to attach to this post.

Fhrizzball

I ordered the very first unit she had and was so dissatisfied. I never wore it the hair texture was awful.
Then I ordered the Havana twist hair after that and had too take my braids out in 4 days because I had a allergic reaction to the hair my scalp burned and I had to scratch every other second and that's with washing and conditioning the hair before installing. Fingercomber will never get another dime from me No matter how nice these new wigs look. There is also a thread were I posted pics of my wig I just can't find it to attach to this post.

Sorry to hear that. Now I'm a bit nervous especially since this will be my first wig as well.

Oh but the fingercomber unit is back in stock so those interested should get on it before it runs out. Don't forget to look for a shipping upgrade as well.

faithVA

My fingercomber wig shipped today. It shipped priority mail so it may be here before Thanksgiving.

I will probably need to get it thinned out. But I will let you guys know my first thoughts.

Crackers Phinn

So what had happened was, 5 days after I filed a paypal dispute my wigs arrived. From what I gather by the Youtube videos that went up on this unit, she sent them all at one time.

Before she did that though, the vendor deleted all negative facebook comments.

The angle balance wig is beautiful. It's a little deceptive right out of the box because it looks thin and type 3 ish, but it blends well with my type 4 air dried stretched hair. It is also a half wig. You can try to use it as a full wig if you want to but it's going to take alot of bobby pins, rain dances and prayers to act right.

The kinky blow out is some ole boooolsheeet. It looks nothing like the wavy hair in the picture. This wig looks like someone stretched a relaxer for 20 weeks. It's an inch of wavy roots with 10 inches of blown out/not pressed relaxed (yaky) texture. The only way this wig can be redeemable is if it changes texture when wet which I haven't seen in synthetic hair. I'm going to find something to do with it though.

As trifling as my experience has been, depending on how long my angle balance wig lasts, I would order another one.

nakialovesshoes

Oooh y'all have me nervous. I ordered mine on the 11th after stalking the site for weeks. Silly me was going by their policy & thinking that mine would be shipping any day now. SIGH

I ordered the Fingercomber unit. I hope I don't regret this decision. 2 months is a bit much to have to wait.

faithVA

Oooh y'all have me nervous. I ordered mine on the 11th after stalking the site for weeks. Silly me was going by their policy & thinking that mine would be shipping any day now. SIGH

I ordered the Fingercomber unit. I hope I don't regret this decision. 2 months is a bit much to have to wait.

It was only 20 days for me. I don't think that is bad considering she is making them on order. I ordered on the 4th. You may get yours by the end of the month. The holiday may throw it off a bit.

Jadi

I think I'll order one, but I'm stuck between the hazelnut and espresso color. Hair is more of a dull sandy brown red like color.

kupenda

I had a feeling the kinky blow out unit was gonna be foolishness. But that angled unit worried me too. Like it would be too curly and not match my leave out

gn1g

that is soooooo cute. I'm always concerned that the dry wig hair will soak up all the moisture in my hair.

faithVA

I received my wig. Let me first say I know very little about wigs. And I know nothing about a half wig which this wig is.

My hair is currently colored a chestnut brown which is a 3. This wig is slightly darker so I think it is a #2. Even with that if I blend my hair correctly it will work.

The hair looks more like a 3c/4a right out of the box. It reaches about APL on me so it is not cut short like it appears on the picture. My hair is an undefined, 4b with a lot of shrinkage so right out of the box it definition isn't a match.

I brushed most of the curls out to see what it would look like. I think it looks like the blow out wig. As far as I know it could be the same wig :look:

The roots are smooth and silky but the rest of the hair can be brushed out to give some roughness too it. There are instructions on how to recapture the curls/texture after washing.

When I looked at her picture online, I noticed that her hair on the sides look 4bish. I may need to just work with it a little.

I can't give a full assessment of the wig because I refused to twist my hair up and try it on. I'm still unfamiliar with a half wigs/wigs, etc.

I would love to make this work. I'm tired of looking for wigs. It will definitely need a serious cut though. I want something much shorter.