Fix it mode after a set back

Lylddlebit

Man I have been really enjoying my hair lately I reached my goal cut my hair as I pleased and still kept bsl. I was good with that, then today I let someone jack me up at the shop ripping through my hair like it's going to make theirs grow. I made her stop but the damage was done. I ended up having to get a haircut anyway back to apl to make all the breakage she caused look decent. Now I get it, hair grows back and mine will but apl is that length that I have to absolutely nothing to get, I am not supposed to be back here now that I do all the hair care stuff. However that is done and over with. I'm in fix it mode: I stopped at the hair supply got some hair for braids and a ponytails, got some OCT, and other deep conditioners. It took 6 months to reach the goal the first time, I will have it again... How did you all bounce back after a set back?

FearfullyMade

Try not to let it stress you, I don't know where you live but since its almost winter, hide/protect your hair and let it do its thing (grow) and before you know it 6 months will quickly pass and you'll be back at bsl again by summertime. :)

Flor

What did she do to your hair to cause such damage?? Couldn't you have stopped her before?

HauteHippie

This happened to me... Twice. The 1st time I was quiet b/c I thought it was just me (super tender-headed). Shame on me!

The 2nd time I was rather vocal. It's left my hair thinner and like... The ends are really messed up. They look like "cones" pointing downward instead of a straight across "block," if that makes any sense. I didn't see the full damage until about 2 weeks ago (weave take-down).

I've started using sulfur (thanks NJoy!), which seems to be helping. I'll start eating Nori seaweed, again, too. I'll continue to take vitamins, eat well, exercise, water my hair, drink lots o water, and think positively.

Can't wait to see your comeback!

amwcah

This happened to me... Twice. The 1st time I was quiet b/c I thought it was just me (super tender-headed). Shame on me!

The 2nd time I was rather vocal. It's left my hair thinner and like... The ends are really messed up. They look like "cones" pointing downward instead of a straight across "block," if that makes any sense. I didn't see the full damage until about 2 weeks ago (weave take-down).

I've started using sulfur (thanks NJoy!), which seems to be helping. I'll start eating Nori seaweed, again, too. I'll continue to take vitamins, eat well, exercise, water my hair, drink lots o water, and think positively.

Can't wait to see your comeback!

I can't wait to see your as well! You have a solid plan that I'm sure will work well for you.

Lylddlebit braids sound like a good idea. I'm sure your hair will be repaired in a few months.

Lylddlebit

she ripped it from my scalp and broke 2 large chunks out of my hair causing my ends(which had been trimmed to perfection in october) to be raggedy and brittle, two swipes. Believe me I have been thinking about all the things I could have and should have done and things like detangling myself, demonstrating to her my method, doing my research before sitting in her chair and stopping when I noticed disaster were all done today. What would u recommend for me to have done to have stopped her before I felt the breakage?

Carisa

How did you all bounce back after a set back?

Well at least u stopped her or you might be NL! I just cut my damaged hair off, kept it in braids under a wig and reached my original lenght in about 9 mnths.