Flat Iron With a Comb Glued to It - Flat Iron and Comb Attachment Made For Purpose of Doing the 'Chase Method'

yamilee21

I wouldn’t mind trying this flat iron. I’m suspicious about it though, it’s around $26 online at Amazon and Walmart, but $52 at Target.

Dare~to~Dream

I just watched the video on Instagram and the lady's looks nice. I'm probably one of the few that still has the original? Maxiglide. I don't straighten my hair often--in fact it's been over 5 years now since I've worn my hair straight. I plan to finally straighten my hair very soon and if my old Maxiglide doesn't fire up, I may look into this one as I prefer my straightening devices to have teeth. I do have an old fashioned pressing comb for backup.

GettingKinky

I used to have a flat iron with a comb you could attach to it. I think it was a babyliss. I didn’t know about the comb chase method back then so I never tried it.

secretdiamond

@Chicoro The L'Oréal Steampod I have is like this. Instead of being glued, it has its own special slot to slide it in or out.
At first I removed the comb, but as my hair became more damaged and harder to straighten out the 'kinks,' it was invaluable. Got my hair super straight with the comb and the steam. I love it. Here's what it looks like. And, FYI, the steam output is exaggerated in this pic. It is much more faint and subtle.

I have the Maxiglide too, but always felt the spikes caught on my hair too much (maybe because they were sporadically placed on the plate?). So, I always used it without. I still loved that flat iron though.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro The L'Oréal Steampod I have is like this. Instead of being glued, it has its own special slot to slide it in or out.
At first I removed the comb, but as my hair became more damaged and harder to straighten out the 'kinks,' it was invaluable. Got my hair super straight with the comb and the steam. I love it. Here's what it looks like. And, FYI, the steam output is exaggerated in this pic. It is much more faint and subtle.

I have the Maxiglide too, but always felt the spikes caught on my hair too much (maybe because they were sporadically placed on the plate?). So, I always used it without. I still loved that flat iron though.

Thank you so so much! Since this is a L'Oreal tool, and I reside in France, maybe I can get my hands on one of these. It's an expensive tool at around $300.

Saw this great video review and comparison of the SteamPod to Dyson. The SteamPod won!

L'Oreal Steampod 3.0 VS Dyson Corrale | WHICH FLAT IRON IS BETTER?!​

NUCCHI

secretdiamond

Thank you so so much! Since this is a L'Oreal tool, and I reside in France, maybe I can get my hands on one of these. It's an expensive tool at around $300.

Saw this great video review and comparison of the SteamPod to Dyson. The SteamPod won!

L'Oreal Steampod 3.0 VS Dyson Corrale | WHICH FLAT IRON IS BETTER?!​

NUCCHI
Yup! I have both the Dyson and the Steampod, and I prefer the Steampod! :yep:
Going to try to sell my Dyson, since I never plan on using it again.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Yup! I have both the Dyson and the Steampod, and I prefer the Steampod! :yep:
Going to try to sell my Dyson, since I never plan on using it again.

Okay! I really like the idea of the Steampod. These tools are quite expensive. But that SteamPod sure is cute, though. There is a beauty place right near me. I am going to check it out. Thank you for telling me about it.

Black Ambrosia

I think I had something similar to the maxiglide. I made the mistake of using it on hair that wasn’t freshly washed and the plates ended up with a gummy residue that was hard to remove. My hair wasn’t dirty imo but there was some product build up. I liked the results before I messed up the flat iron.

Last edited: